Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

The weaponry on Threepio is fantastic news in that it means Threepio (and hopefully Artoo) might actually freaking do something in this movie.  GSOB is right; this is one of the sequel trilogy's least-remarked-upon but significant failures.

I'm sure Threepio isn't going Terminator.  He's going to be very put-upon, "hold our stuff" at some point - during some task that requires a lot of mobility from those characters - and then he's going to unexpectedly pull the trigger on that bowcaster and save the day, big delightful moment, move on to something else.

Endgame? Nah, just at the end of the movie, with a lot of fan service and in a dull scenario.

I really like the climaxes of the first three Avengers, they are appropliately big and fun, and I love the action scenes in Infinity War, specially the battles between superpowered beings: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wong and Doctor Strange vs Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian in New York; Scarlet Witch and The Vision vs Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive in Edinburgh; and, of course, Avengers and Guardians vs Thanos on Titan. 

However, the fight scenes in Endgame disappointed me a little, despite the huge amount of fan service. Not that exciting in my opinion. (that said, I loved Scarlet Witch kicking Thanos' ass).

18 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Endgame? Nah, just at the end of the movie, with a lot of fan service and in a dull scenario.

I really like the climaxes of the first three Avengers, they are appropliately big and fun, and I love the action scenes in Infinity War, specially the battles between superpowered beings: Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wong and Doctor Strange vs Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian in New York; Scarlet Witch and The Vision vs Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive in Edinburgh; and, of course, Avengers and Guardians vs Thanos on Titan. 

However, the fight scenes in Endgame disappointed me a little, despite the huge amount of fan service. Not that exciting in my opinion. (that said, I loved Scarlet Witch kicking Thanos' ass).

No, TROS.

19 minutes ago, Thekthithm said:

No, TROS.

It's the alleged finale of the Skywalker saga, so probably. JJ being JJ, I can imagine a ROTJ-type of climax, with the non-Force wielder characters involved in some sort of space dogfight, while Rey and Kylo duel with their lightsabers (with the Emperor involved in some capacity). The trailers already showed us a huge fleet of First Order starships.

Geez they must be frantically hitting the render button at ILM right now. Just over two months to go and they're still doing reshoots. 

Can only imagine how tight John's score is going to be if they keep changing the edit. I guess he'll just hand it off to Ramiro to fix at some point. 

41 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I didn't even know he'd been cast in it.  Is it like a glorified cameo?

He'll cameo in the Visual Dictionary!

Zak Delvar, Resistance Gunner... or something.

I wonder if this means TROS won’t be a bore since that’s supposedly the reason why he refused to be in TFA? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2014/5/12/5711780/star-wars-episode-7-wont-feature-wedge-antilles-actor

which is why it doesn't do as well overseas.

Originally, the brits in Star Wars were always cast as authority figures or villains. Its a kind of shorthand which harkens back to the classic Hollywood (Wyler did it for Ben Hur) and evokes America's struggle for independence from the British Empire.

The prequel trilogy necessitated Obi Wan to be a main character, and the sequel trilogy amped that up, casting two brits as the leads. Although its telling that Boyega had to don an American accent. Appearantly, diversity can only exist insofar as it reflects american demographics. Go figure...

3 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

The agent’s visitation will be on Sunday evening, with funeral to follow on Monday morning.  The family asks that mourners donate to the charity of their choice in lieu of flowers.

While there, visit the wake of Don Williams.  

6 hours ago, Edmilson said:

On the last movies, they began to sell the tickets around the time of the final trailer, on October, will the follow this here?

You're not actually going to see this movie, are you?