Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

Spielberg: It's gonna be great!

Lucas: It's gonna be great

Spielberg: It's gonna be great!

Lucas: It's gonna be great

Spielberg: It's gonna be shit

Lucas: It's gonna be shit...

Lucas: What?

French ITW (but Daniels answers in english some questions. He praises John Williams score throughout the 9 movies)

Interestingly, Daniel states on the day of the interview (October 8) that he has to record the dialogs for TROP the next week. That can give you an idea of the state of the movie right now :) 

Not necessarily a spoiler, but an official new book release this week teases a potential returning character for the movie -  I’m going to put it in spoiler tags anyway just in case.

Spoiler

Resistance Reborn features the return of Wedge Antilles. Additionally, an image of him has been added to the cover of the book.

BD33EFDD-A343-4A33-8D9E-A4991D21BDA3.jpeg

Unless he explodes In the book, I’d imagine Dennis Lawson is in for TROS.

General Rieekan is also in the book, although that actor died a while ago.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Unkar Plutt is in the movie 😯 

I dunno guys, this might be a spoiler...

How is that a spoiler?  Knowing an old character is in the film doesn't give away any of the plot. 

It's not like he was thrown down a deep chasm in a space station that was blown to bits. 

8 hours ago, Demodex said:

How is that a spoiler?  Knowing an old character is in the film doesn't give away any of the plot. 

It's not like he was thrown down a deep chasm in a space station that was blown to bits. 

I would consider Hayden Christensen or such to be a spoiler.  

Here's how I look at it:

Palpatine - pretty big spoiler, but we still don't know how and it's official news

Hayden - people are almost expecting him, mild spoiler

Wedge - NOT A SPOILER

I used to be sensitive to spoilers, but those were spoilers which were verbatim plot points, and almost always about who was going to die, when, where, why and how. Now spoiling the plot is one thing I think most of us would detest,  however the rumored announcement of background characters (who were already minor roles in their original outing) being considered spoilers on the same level as plot leaks is silly.

I had someone spoil a major death of a character from a show not long ago and it hit me hard, but I realized the scene was still as impacting and poignant when it came to watching it because knowing something isn't the same as experiencing it and understanding context. It's the how and why I'm invested in, not the fact. 

Just now, Arpy said:

It just won't be the same without Jar Jar. Surely Palpatine had him executed.

It would make sense. Jar Jar was essentially the lynchpin Palpatine needed to seize control of the Republic. Sheev would want to destroy anyone who could establish the way he took control.

I would've had him decapitated and shoved his head on a stick then placed it on the Naboo floating disc in the senate chamber, just for the LOLs.

Then Palpatine shoots lightning at the waters of Naboo and kills all of the Gungans.

Deesa gonna be reeall bombad! AHHHHHHBBHHGGDSGHGT R DID JYFDDF G JU H HJII UHH HH

'Breaking Imperial News! His Majesty, the Emperor Sheev Palpatine has solved the food crisis on Naboo. Strange fat mermaid creatures have washed up on the shores of Lake Amidala, providing meat to those affected by the ongoing trade embargo. The Emperor truly is a loving and most gracious galactic ruler!'

'

I feel like Palpatine would sadistically keep Jar Jar alive in that instance, using his force powers to puppeteer Jar Jar into gutting and filleting all his deceased relatives then grill their juicy Gungan meat and serve them to starving Nabooans (making sure Padmé's family received badly burnt, fatty portions).

On 10/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, mrbellamy said:

Hope they’re planning to put this out as a promo clip. Fun memories of getting Williams desert chase music with TFA as the first listen, let’s go round 2 babes.

It's funny but even without hearing Williams' score I can already imagine his action cue for this scene. Lots of xylophone hits, quick trumpet licks and rapid-fire string writing to carry the momentum. All drowned out by obnoxiously loud SFX no less.

I wonder if he ever wrote a cue for the deleted snowspeeder chase in TFA? This seems like a reworking of that scene.

That's actually a lot of minutes of screen time for just footage that was cobbled together to make something presumably coherent.  I wonder many lines they gave her and if they edited existing sound bites or brought in an actress to dub her lines?

36 minutes ago, mstrox said:

There's two minutes of actual footage, and six minutes that show the back of somebody's head, with dialogue cobbled together from her various audiobooks and junket interviews.

I don't know if this is real or if you're joking.