Star Wars IX The Rise of Skywalker (JJ Abrams 2019)

Jay

12 minutes ago, Docteur Qui said:

She was on the receiving end of an endless stream of unwarranted attacks around her race and gender. Her reaction is relatively straightforward considering how it must've (and clearly did) make her feel.

A response to the attacks is warranted and appropriate.

But I don't think expanding that into a blanket indictment of Western society in general is exactly "straightforward."

16 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Some of us (myself included) can get a bit grumpy sometimes, but if that's the worst that happens I think we're doing pretty alright in the grand scheme of things.

Now all we need is Arby's!

How is it possible that Daisy Ridley made clapping sexually arousing to watch?

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

Shut your filthy mouth, you whitebread loving dragon testicle!

How to Slap Your Dragon Testicles While Looking at Daisy Ridley gifs

I don't understand what you guys see in that broad. They should bring back Leia by slapping footage from The Time Guardian into the next one. It's not like anyone has ever seen it anyway.

download (1).jpeg

14 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

A response to the attacks is warranted and appropriate.

But I don't think expanding that into a blanket indictment of Western society in general is exactly "straightforward."

Why not? The attacks were a byproduct of deep-seated racial issues in Western society, she's just pointing out the obvious.

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

The woman has had to suffer through 8 months vile hate from thousands of tens of thousands of people because she was in a movie. Leveled at her personally. Her ability as an actress, her looks, her race everything.

Why are you expecting her to come up with a "fair and balanced" response? 

And online behaviour of "fans" has gotten ridiculous of late. Like so many things online. I certainly don't think she's wrong.

Well I agree that the racism and misogyny she was subjected to from some loser fanboys (I’ll just take your word that it was “tens of thousands”) was unacceptable. I like KMT and I’m on her side. And I certainly don’t think she’s wrong to respond. And I don’t expect, a “fair and balanced response”.

I just don’t know why a case if online bullying, awful as it is, need be an an indictment of Western society. Every culture has racism and bullying. I understand that’s her personal experience, and that’s fine. It just struck me as a bit of an overly broad indictment. But whatever.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Both entitled fan behaviour, and the larger social media mob culture they’re a part of, have gotten entirely out of hand.

8 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I just don’t know why a case if online bullying, awful as it is, need be an an indictment of Western society. Every culture has racism and bullying. I understand that’s her personal experience, and that’s fine. It just struck me as a bit of an overboard indictment. But whatever

Because Tran being bullied isnt an isolated incident, How much of social media nowadays is just people SCREAMING at each other?

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

Sadly, way too much. Which is why I mostly avoid it. Hate, ignorance and self righteousness is a toxic combination.

Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand. Ignorance, and prejudice, and fear go hand-in-hand.

Image result for Puzzlewood the force awakens filming locations

Puzzlewood Forest in Gloucestershire, England.

This is the location for Takodana.

The Twitter post says that the photo was taken from Black Park, Wexham, Buckinghamshire, England. 

Hmmm.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/972121-the-star-wars-news-roundup-for-august-24-2018

Article features leaked photos of Finn and Poe (and possibly Naomi Ackie's character) in a grasslands setting.

Richard E. Grant will not be playing Thrawn in IX, contrary to what some people thought.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Geez, Louise. Robert Wise must be turning in his grave.

Pitiful.

That was almost 20 years ago.  Wise was alive when The Haunting remake came out!

Because having Andy Serkis do a motion-capture character with a couple of Gollum-like features wasn't too much?

Which is to say nothing of this "battering ram" thing in The Last Jedi. If stormtroopers were starting to call out "Grond! Grond!" it wouldn't be too out of place.

But I guess I shouldn't complain too much. There's a lot of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit in Star Wars' blood from its very inception. Originally, Obi Wan and Luke meeting would have featured dialogue that was a pretty close paraphase of the "Good Morning" dialogue from The Hobbit. Another suspect piece of dialogue: "Whats in there?" - "only what you take with you" - its essentially Galadriel's mirror. None of this is bad in any way, of course: its nice that these two series share some blood.

Well @Chen G. I was talking more about a recognizable face, not a familiar circumstance or actor cloaked under motion capture animation. But yes there were already links present between the two franchises.