Babe (1995) - Nigel Westlake (new recording)

DreamTheater

For those interested, a new recording of that wonderful orchestral music is now available.

Featuring the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra conducted by Nigel Westlake!

It's entirely dialogue-free and clocks in at 57 minutes.

From what I read it's a studio performance of what was the live-to-film concert performance for the film's 20th anniversary.

This store has it.

I bought a copy from this one. And it's discounted too now (I had ordered it for 20 australian dollars).

Get it! It's a gem.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I give you a morning, golden and true!

Did Jerry Goldsmith end up recording anything for this or did he leave the project before the tapes rolled?

I'd also like to hear his music for Dusty, an obscure Aussie flick he scored (I think!) when he visited Down Under in 1983.

I agree this is fantastic! I hated the dialogue release (despite loving the film itself, too). I can finally hear this without it all!

EDIT: Amazon has clips for the MP3 release.

http://www.amazon.com/Babe-Orchestral-Melbourne-Symphony-Orchestra/dp/B0101G2OWO/

Dialogue free!? YES!!

What an abomination the original release was.

All the mousey bits don't bother me at all in the film, they actually add to the adorable quirkiness of the animal characters and how they interact

However I prefer to not hear them every couple of minutes when I buy a soundtrack album of the film.

I can imagine a lot of people have been annoyed by this when they didn't know what they were buying.

The James Cromwell singing is the only thing I can tolerate, because it makes sense as a musical theme.

My CD has shipped. I'll post about it when I give it my first spin.

• 5 weeks later...

And best thing of all, a total lack of mice. :up:

I hope we can expect something similar for the sequel, which recycled some material but still had some worthy music not available.