And I say this without sarcasm: Good job on the ripping off my idea. I like your spunk. :up:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spunk

spunk

Spirit; pluck. Considering it is also a vulgar term for semen, it is rarely used in its normal form due to the obviously easy possibility to misinterpret it.
"That athlete shows a lot of spunk on the soccer field"

"What?!"

"He shows a lot of spirit and determination"

"Oh."

Thank you... I guess...

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL! Man I keep racking them up today. Sorry mate. I mean I like your enthusiasm. I thought spunk was slang for it.

I first heard it in Wing Commander III when Colonel Eisen appreciates Christopher Blair's no nonsense attitude by saying 'God I love that boys' spunk'.

FF to 39:50

Which leads right into....

Mr. Garrison: Okay, children, let's start the day with a few new math problems. What is five times two? Come on children, don't be shy. Just give it your best shot. [Clyde raises his hand] Yes, Clyde?

Clyde: Twelve?

Mr. Garrison: Okay. Now let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard. Anyone? Come on, don't be shy.

Kyle: I think I know the answer, Mr. Garrison.

Cartman: [mocking Kyle in high-pitched, gibberish voice]

Kyle: Shut up, fat boy!

Cartman: Hey! Don't call me fat, ya fucking Jew!

Mr. Garrison: Eric! Did you just say the F-word?

Cartman: Jew?Kyle: No, he's talking about "fuck." You can't say "fuck" in school, you fucking fat ass.

Mr. Garrison: Kyle!

Cartman: Why the fuck not?

Mr. Garrison: Eric!

Stan: Dude, you just said fuck again!

Mr. Garrison: Stanley!

Kenny: [muffled] Fuck.

Mr. Garrison: Kenny!

Cartman: What's the big deal? It doesn't hurt anybody! Fuck, fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck!

Mr. Garrison: How would you like to go see the school counselor?

Cartman: How would you like to suck my balls?[everyone gasps]

Mr. Garrison: [enraged] WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!

Cartman: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Actually, what I said was: [picks up a megaphone]"How would you like to suck my balls, Mr. Garrison?"[Garrison stands rooted to the spot, frozen with fury]

Stan: Holy shit, dude.

You mean the profanity? That's simply the way they talk here. Nobody pays attention to you unless you swear every other word. You'll find it in all the literature of the period.

Ah yes, the giants.

---

Option 3 I guess, borderline 4. Never bothered me before, never really paid much heed.

giphy.gif

Well? Answer, for heaven's sake!

I don't mind it when used appropriately, like Stefan's reaction to Williams canceling his Tanglewood appearance. That is the only appropriate reaction to finding that out. However, people using it directed aggressively towards others ("Fuck you") I am not a fan of.