BloodBoal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really loved this score. First time in a while that I've walked out of the theater humming a new theme.

And Beck might have just out-Giacchino'd Giacchino on the track titles!

OK guys I've listened to the OST two more times now since my first listen and.......... sorry, I just don't get it.

There are some fun highlight tracks for sure - First Mission, Theme from Ant-man, Tales to Astonish, etc. But the score is so forgettable, after 3 listens I don't even have the main theme in my head. Couldn't hum it right now.

Is it better if you've seen the film maybe?

Or if the OST is played in chrono order?

I like the SOUND of it - the retro 60s feel a lot of tracks have.... but don't like the modern synth drumming, or the melodies used - other than Silvestri's Avengers cameo :P

Kraemer does the 60s thing much better with MI5.

I haven't seen it yet, but I adore the score. The main theme itself is kinda weak, but I love the sound of the score in general. Nice orchestrations, great mix, great playing, I dunno.... I just works all around for me.

It's no Incredibles sure, but for a Marvel film is damn fine.

For me is the first Marvel score that leaves me satifisfied all around, at least on album. Silvestri's efforts are good, but the albums drag like hell. His themes are much better (duh), but his underscore can be so terribly uninteresting.