The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Is there an advantage to ordering from Disney Emporium rather than Amazon?

I'd say the advantage goes the other way. Amazon is generally good at making sure the product arrives at your house the day it's officially released if you pre-order. Ordering directly from Disney, who knows when they'll get around to putting your copy in the mail, especially if they're flooded with pre-orders.

I never got the product on the release date, despite what Amazon would tell me. That's why I stopped paying more for shipping.

Karol

I have sent an email to Amazon to ask them if and when the Deluxe Edition of the soundtrack might be available on their US site (I thought about ordering it from the UK site, but the charges shoot up fast!!). I'll let everyone know if I hear anything good back from them.

I have sent an email to Amazon to ask them if and when the Deluxe Edition of the soundtrack might be available on their US site (I thought about ordering it from the UK site, but the charges shoot up fast!!). I'll let everyone know if I hear anything good back from them.

Thanks light408, I'm very interested now :).

I finally got a response back from a representative regarding that Deluxe Edition. It turns out that the US site had it(!!) and now they're out of stock on it. That must have been one hell of a sale! Anyway, here's the email more or less in its entirety:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Amazon.com with your interest in purchasing "Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and contacted us to know the availability of this item.

I checked this item on our website and see unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of "Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" right now, and we're not sure or can't predict exactly how long it'll take to get more. Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly.

I'm sorry about this--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page. If it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link; "Alert me" allows you to sign up to be e-mailed when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

If you'd like to submit feedback directly on our website regarding your concerns, please submit feedback in the blue "Feedback" box at the bottom of the detail page on our website. It may helps to make it bring in stock in future.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate your decision to shop at Amazon.com.
I hope I was able to assist you today. Please use links below to provide us your valuable feedback.
Best regards,
Madhav M."

EDIT: I have pre-ordered the regular edition and will still get the Deluxe later on. I will NOT find this soundtrack at my local Best Buy, Walmart, or Target, as none of the folks who run my local locations even have the good sense to mass order any soundtracks; none of them carry any around my neck of the woods. :angry:

I finally got a response back from a representative regarding that Deluxe Edition. It turns out that the US site had it(!!) and now they're out of stock on it. That must have been one hell of a sale! Anyway, here's the email more or less in its entirety:

"Hello,

Thanks for contacting Amazon.com with your interest in purchasing "Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" and contacted us to know the availability of this item.

I checked this item on our website and see unfortunately, we don't have any more stock of "Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: The Force Awakens" right now, and we're not sure or can't predict exactly how long it'll take to get more. Our supply of some items is limited, and these products sell out quickly.

I'm sorry about this--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

I'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page. If it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link; "Alert me" allows you to sign up to be e-mailed when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

If you'd like to submit feedback directly on our website regarding your concerns, please submit feedback in the blue "Feedback" box at the bottom of the detail page on our website. It may helps to make it bring in stock in future.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We appreciate your decision to shop at Amazon.com.

I hope I was able to assist you today. Please use links below to provide us your valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Madhav M."

So, I have a choice to make here: either pre-order the regular edition or wait and see if the Deluxe Edition becomes available again. I will NOT find this soundtrack at my local Best Buy, Walmart, or Target, as none of the folks who run my local locations even have the good sense to mass order any soundtracks; none of them carry any around my neck of the woods. :angry: This is definitely going to be an online buy, no doubt about it.

I didn't know there was a listing for a Deluxe Edition at Amazon.com. Usually if an item is out of stock, they don't remove the listing their site. They simply say its out of stock and will notify you when more are in stock. The ASIN at Amazon.com is the same as the ASIN of the Deluxe Edition at Amazon.co.uk. I think there is a mix up somewhere.

How can they be out of stock of something that hasn't even been in stock yet? Sounds rather like the person writing that response wasn't aware that it hasn't been released yet, saw that it isn't in stock, and concluded that has sold out.

How can they be out of stock of something that hasn't even been in stock yet? Sounds rather like the person writing that response wasn't aware that it hasn't been released yet, saw that it isn't in stock, and concluded that has sold out.

Yep, and he replied with an automated response.

Yep, and he replied with an automated response.

Yes, I am thinking so as well. But, you know? I had a feeling that pre-orders would start popping up somewhere (since the whole Force Friday thing with all of the collectibles flooding out), and Amazon is a pretty good place to start with the pre-order process. Best Buy, Target, and Walmart will eventually follow suit eventually. There may be exclusive versions (i.e. Attack Of The Clones soundtrack from Target with the "On The Conveyor Belt" track), will just have to wait and see.

were still getting a 1 c.d. 60 minute OST no matter how much it sells

But the official Star Wars website claims it's the complete score.

Yes! And the TPM UE includes every note composed for the film!

We really should have one OCD film music fan at every major record company's PR department. Those press releases would be meticulous.

We really should have one OCD film music fan at every major record company's PR department. Those press releases would be meticulous.

Yes!

"The exclusive deluxe edition of John Williams' new epic score for The Force Awakens contains about 85% of the complete score, with some overlays missing, and some microedits in a few tracks. Buy it now!"

Also if possible a complete list of missing music, which cues were combined and report of the best bits left off the album. And to finish it off: Warning! Track titles contain possible spoilers, buyer beware!

Yes!

"The exclusive deluxe edition of John Williams' new epic score for The Force Awakens contains about 85% of the complete score, with some overlays missing, and some microedits in a few tracks. Buy it now!"

[Nevermind]

Heh. Do not read BB's post out of context. It is just humor! Just a bit of fun while we wait for actual more in-depht info on the soundtrack.

Perhaps somebody here should write up a guide to the customs and personalities of JWFan for new members.

A Hitchiker's Guide to JWFan as it were.

Haha yes that's a good idea! FYI I'm not really a new member, I've been on here for years, but rarely participate in the forum discussions. This account is new, however... I seem to have forgotten the email/password to my original account. xD

No problem to buy Episode 7 Deluxe in Germany:

Amazon.de (in German)

Bestellte® Artikel:

Star Wars: the Force Awakens (Deluxe Edt.)
von Williams,John
EUR 25,19 (oder weniger)

Andreas

John's music isn't really that important in the grand scheme of Star Wars. This video is clear proof of that:

That fart sound effect cracks me up every time!!! :lol: (no, I'll never grow up...)

The whole thing of removing the music from SW or E.T. is getting a bit old IMO.

There are newer films that use music in the same indispensable way.

Except that this one is a joke, the others are not (usually)

Digipack instead of Jewel Case. also, the US standard is the UK Deluxe.

Whoa. I just compared the barcode numbers for the US release and the UK 'Deluxe' and the they are identical. The UK 'standard edition' has a different bar code. So perhaps the US is only getting the 'Deluxe'. Everyone wins biggrin.gif

I've been reading through this thread about possible JW music in commercials and whatnot. It reminded me of when I found and posted here the Battle of the Heroes from the AT&T website for ring tones before ROTS came out.

I remember many here not believing it was Williams because of the 30 seconds and it not sounding anything like Williams.

This sentence from the above link gives the impression of two releases:

Meanwhile, Lucasfilm has announced that the soundtrack of the movie will be released on Dec. 18, and the complete score is currently available for preorder. The music in the movie is from John Williams.

Well, they couldn't form a coherent marketing blurb for the Indy box, so why should this be any better...