The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Not to be THAT GUY but... wouldn't the final CD cover be the Struzan movie poster?

I'm just waiting for track titles and times, at this point.

Did Struzan even do the theatrical poster or are you referring to that weird one they only handed out at Disneyland?

Not to be THAT GUY but... wouldn't the final CD cover be the Struzan movie poster?

I'm just waiting for track titles and times, at this point.

Did Struzan even do the theatrical poster or are you referring to that weird one they only handed out at Disneyland?

Eh, take your pick. Truthfully, the Struzan picture is so nice and uncluttered, nice use of symmetry.

I had planned to listen to the OST before seeing the movie, but the movie is being released in UK and Ireland on the 17th so I think I'll see it then. Won't be able to wait the extra day!

I had planned to listen to the OST before seeing the movie, but the movie is being released in UK and Ireland on the 17th so I think I'll see it then. Won't be able to wait the extra day!

i imagine it will be online in some form by before then

I hope not, assuming you're talking about leaks or the unceremonious "dump it onto Spotify a week early" approach that many studios seem to be taking as of late. I would be fine with 1 (!) batch of short (!) samples via Amazon but other than that, I want my first full experience of the score to be in the film itself.

You do realize that, even if the score did leak early, you wouldn't be forced to listen to it prior to watching the film? ;)

I have no self control regarding this kind of stuff though. I might be able to reists should it be leaked only a week or so prior and is kept off youtube...

I hope not, assuming you're talking about leaks or the unceremonious "dump it onto Spotify a week early" approach that many studios seem to be taking as of late. I would be fine with 1 (!) batch of short (!) samples via Amazon but other than that, I want my first full experience of the score to be in the film itself.

You do realize that, even if the score did leak early, you wouldn't be forced to listen to it prior to watching the film? ;)

I have no self control regarding this kind of stuff though. I might be able to reists should it be leaked only a week or so prior and is kept off youtube...

i was referring to Spotify yes and I also won't be able to control myself either.

It's likely there will be an official preview of one or two full tracks from the OST via the official website/social media channels, maybe 1 or 2 weeks before the release (imho). I bet though that the tracklist won't be revealed before the movie is out.

It's likely there will be an official preview of one or two full tracks from the OST via the official website/social media channels, maybe 1 or 2 weeks before the release (imho). I bet though that the tracklist won't be revealed before the movie is out.

That would be ideal. One or two tracks (preferably one) would be enough to give us decent foothold on the themes of the score before diving into the whole thing a week or so later. This is assuming there won't be audio samples for each track though. Should that be the case then an entire track or two would be overkill

The idiot in me wants to hear the entire score before the film so I'm not trying to focus on the music during the film, but I know that my over analytical side will figure out the entire plot before seeing it if I hear the score beforehand. Ignoring the track-titles wont help either because "oh I wonder why Han and Leias theme is played tragically here" will just tell me something tragic will happen to them.

I'm determined the hear the score for the first time with the film, even if overly-listening to the music may take me out of the film at some points.

It's likely there will be an official preview of one or two full tracks from the OST via the official website/social media channels, maybe 1 or 2 weeks before the release (imho).

Along with a music video, perhaps.

New Battlefront trailer seems to have unfamiliar music...........can anyone weigh in? I know the Star Wars score very well and even the Main Title in this trailer seems slightly different than all the other OT/PT versions that I've heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIQJQn-zctY&sf42255685=1

Could this music be cut together from TFA OST?

Again, its original music by the game's composer Gordy Haab. Please read this thread:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25688

TFA's score will not premiere in a video game.

Thanks for pointing me to that thread --- the music definitely does a great job at emulating JW's style. Less than 6 weeks til we get the real deal.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Soundtrack

Lucasfilm and visionary director J.J. Abrams join forces to take you back again to a galaxy far, far away as Star Wars returns to the big screen with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Make sure to experience the soundtrack by legendary, five-time Academy Award® winning composer, John Williams.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie and soundtrack release 12/18/15.

-----------------

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Bundle

This bundle was made for the true Star Wars fan! Each bundle includes the Star Wars: The Force Awakens CD and an exclusive, special edition Star Wars fanified poster with YOUR name included with the names of other fans!

Order by December 1, 2015 at 11:59pm EST in order for shipments to arrive in time for street date. The name in your shipping information will be used in the poster design.

------------------

Earn 50 Disney Movie Rewards points with the purchase of the soundtrack.

Earn 125 Disney Movie Rewards points with the purchase of the bundle.

Pre-Sale Magic Code – valid on Dec 18, 2015

Disney Movie Rewards is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and D.C.), Puerto Rico and Canada age 13+. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. For complete details and Terms and Conditions, visit DisneyMovieRewards.com.

From http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/star-wars-the-force-awakens/(bolding is mine). Some new information here.

There's a photo of the bundle on the site as well:

Star-Wars-TFA-Poster-Bundle-520x520.jpg