The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Talking about original covers, I recently discovered where the strange tracks order of the Empire Strikes Back CD came from.

They simply took the exact content of the 1980 promo LP.

Bunch of idiots. :)

p_rs24201.jpg

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back [The Original Soundtrack From The Motion Picture] / London SO (1980, RSO, RS-2-4201)

DISC 1: Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Heroics Of Luke And Han; The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Departure Of Boba Fett; Han Solo And The Princess; Hyperspace; The Battle In The Snow; DISC 2: The Asteroid Field; The City In The Clouds; Rebels At Bay; Yoda And The Force; The Duel; The Magic Tree; Lando's Palace; Finale.

(Reissued in 1980, Polydor, 827-580-1)

p_rpo4201.jpg

(Reissued from promo in 1980, RSO, RPO-4201)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

p_8252982.jpg

(Reissued in 1985, Polydor, 825 298-2)

The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme); Yoda's Theme; The Asteroid Field; Han Solo And The Princess; Finale; Star Wars (Main Theme); Yoda And The Force; The Training Of A Jedi Knight; The Duel; Lando's Palace.

That's been common knowledge since the CD was released. And the original 1-Disc LP is not just a promo, it's how it was released in most countries outside the US.

Williams chose to include the 5-movement suite on side 1, hence the "weird" track order.

I'm pretty sure it's the same CD with a package difference. Note how the package with the poster only refers to it as "Deluxe CD".

How annoying that The Amazing Spider-man 2, Interstellar, The Incredible Hulk, and Frozen get 2 disc OST releases, but a new freaking Star Wars score by John Williams does not

How annoying that The Amazing Spider-man 2, Interstellar, The Incredible Hulk, and Frozen get 2 disc OST releases, but a new freaking Star Wars score by John Williams does not

It will get released, but it's a shame we have to wait.

Oh not again that same record... "it should be 2 CD", "how come it's not 2 CD"...

Redundant and irrelevant geek complaints.

Stop crying, gentlemen.

Mercy.

Some track names, real or fake?

1. Star Wars and The Force Awakens
2. Kylo Ren and The First Order
3. Rey’s Destiny
4. The Awakening
5. Pirate Transport
6. [untitled]
7. Millennium Falcon and the Escape From Jakku
8. Trouble in the Castle
9. Battle on Takodana
10. Han Solo and Chewbacca
11. Return to Yavin IV
12. [untitled]
13. [untitled]
14. Immune to the Light
15. A New Beginning and End Crédits

Source: http://www.theforceawakensblog.com/major-spoiler-leaked-force-awakens-soundtrack/

3. Rey’s Destiny

4. The Awakening

5. Pirate Transport

6. [untitled]

8. Trouble in the Castle

9. Battle on Takodana

11. Return to Yavin IV

12. [untitled]

13. [untitled]

14. Immune to the Light

Source: http://www.theforceawakensblog.com/major-spoiler-leaked-force-awakens-soundtrack/

The track list alone should be a give away that it's fake. I'd imagine the "samples" are too.

3. Rey’s Destiny

4. The Awakening

5. Pirate Transport

6. [untitled]

8. Trouble in the Castle

9. Battle on Takodana

11. Return to Yavin IV

12. [untitled]

13. [untitled]

14. Immune to the Light

I would guess almost certainly fake since that link is from August when they still had plenty of recording to do. The samples I have seen debunked from a fan composition a while back, but they sound totally unlike Williams anyways, further lending credence that the track titles are fake.

Makes me wonder how much (if any) of the music from the final sessions will end on the soundtrack album.

Or in the film. :(

It all will be there.

And fans who love Williams album assemblies won't care either way. 35 to 40 minute highlight reel is really all we need from a SW score after all.

I don't know.

Maybe they put Williams music in the commercial because they decided not to use any in the movie and didn't want him to feel bad.

:(

I'll join your sad smiley in perpetual mourning. :(

Or in the film. :(

It all will be there.

And fans who love Williams album assemblies won't care either way. 35 to 40 minute highlight reel is really all we need from a SW score after all.

I half-agree with you.

I'm still reminded that the first half of Indy 4's jungle chase isn't on the album and that still sticks in my craw.

Makes me wonder how much (if any) of the music from the final sessions will end on the soundtrack album.

I've been told by a good friend of mine who knows someone who knows someone who knew someone who works at Lucasfilm that the soundtrack will include every note composed for the film. Of course, that guy used to work at Sony before, so there's that.

I've been told by a good friend of mine who knows someone who knows someone who knew someone who works at Lucasfilm that the soundtrack will include every note composed for the film. Of course, that guy used to work at Sony before, so there's that.

He used to work at Sony? No wonder this information got leaked!

He wrote the liner notes for the Ultimate Edition.

"With over 65 tracks!"

"Sit back, get comfortable and prepare to surrender to the ultimate Star Wars: Episode I soundtrack experience!"

"So come, feel the power of the Force and travel deeper into one of the most remarkable epics of our time!"

- Actual excerpts from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace: The Ultimate Edition, Sony Classical

3. Reys Destiny

4. The Awakening

5. Pirate Transport

6. [untitled]

8. Trouble in the Castle

9. Battle on Takodana

11. Return to Yavin IV

12. [untitled]

13. [untitled]

14. Immune to the Light

Fake and also bad.

Even more annoying that Reznor's The Girl With The Dragon got a 3CD OST and Gone Girl got a 2CD OST :banghead:

Even more annoying that Reznor's The Girl With The Dragon got a 3CD OST and Gone Girl got a 2CD OST :banghead:

That one should have been 2 or 3 five minute tracks shoved onto a song compilation.

I'm sure the film will feature all the music from the end of the recording sessions. Why else record it!

The question is, will we get to hear all the original versions from the beginning of the recording sessions?

Will Williams go back to his earliest compositions for the OST, like Shore did for The Hobbit.... or will he stick to the revised versions where applicable.

And if so... how long until we get to hear the original versions!?

13 years later, we still haven't heard the original AOTC ending!

I would speculate the concert arrangements were recorded earlier in the process, when everything was in full swing and all planned out. I'm guessing these late sessions were due to film changes.

Unless they always planned on recording the concert arrangements at the final pickup sessions, in case only a few short pickups were needed, to not waste everyone's time. Hmmm.