The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I'd not buy that! Not even for a dollar.

But if you preorder you get a free screen saver!

Tempting. Will they feature Luke Skywalker? Because if they do you've got a deal!

Tempting. Will they feature Luke Skywalker? Because if they do you've got a deal!

If they feature Luke Skywalker in a screen saver-in game with customizable beard, then I'm in!

Well, in a way I'm glad we're getting the same music regardless of what edition we choose.

Maybe I didn't make my point. I was talking of having certainties about what is going to be sold for now, in an context where information still seemed very vague.

Of course I'm hoping for a complete release for this and the other Star Wars soundtracks! I really think this should get a deluxe treatment.

No BB. This soundtrack was not created to cater only for the super-rich. Everyone in the world has the right to enjoy these albums.

silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo

What the...?

3 editions, and none of them has any extra music. Epic fail.

And the sessions for this will probably become the most sought after (i.e. hoarded by top traders for the next generation) on the planet.

Williams is still too busy microediting out all the score highlights, including every interesting new rendition of the previous themes (but will leave in the extended Throne Room suite in the End Credits).

Williams is still too busy microediting out all the score highlights, including every interesting new rendition of the previous themes (but will leave in the extended Throne Room suite in the End Credits).

Considering the amount of ice we have seen in the spots, it will probably be a re-recording of The Battle of Hoth.

They're holding off because they don't want to spoil the movie in advance, but since you're so vehement...

Let's think of a BONUS TRACK, just in case...

Track 15: J.J. Abrams Not So Noble End (dialogue version)

I found this bit of extra info on the Deluxe version on the site of Scandinavian online retailer CDON:

Deluxe Edition

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

- Limited edition

Regular Version

- Standard tracklist in jewel case, 24 page booklet

And this Retail Exlusive Digipack

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs

- Limited edition

It's weird to think that in less than a month, we'll all get to see the silver foil and experience the standard tracklist. December 18th can't come soon enough!

Just like the CE3K Collector's Edition!

I think that is the nobility of expanded soundtracks compared to the Episove VII embossed collector cards edition.

Anyone else a little confused as to why it's 'Music by John Williams' rather than 'Composed and Conducted by John Williams'? Probably not a big deal but isn't it almost always the latter?

It's a "token" credit, because Conrad Pope did most of the work. Williams, during the creation of this score, was little more present than a phantom.

Dear Conrad,

Re my orchestrations:

We need another first bassoon.

Get a player with tone -

and that third trombone

has to go!

The man could not be deafer,

so please preferably one

who plays in tune!

Anyone else a little confused as to why it's 'Music by John Williams' rather than 'Composed and Conducted by John Williams'? Probably not a big deal but isn't it almost always the latter?

I guess since John Williams didn't conduct all the sessions himself they did not want to put "Composed by John Williams, Conducted by Pope/Ross/Who ever" in the cover.

Perhaps we're no better off with Disney than we were with Sony. They're doing the same shit. Falsely advertising the OST as the complete score, pointless embossed covers, alternate covers and Cracker Jack prizes.

Perhaps we're no better off with Disney than we were with Sony. They're doing the same shit. Falsely advertising the OST as the complete score, pointless embossed covers, alternate covers and Cracker Jack prizes.

:(

Haven't seen this posted:

Disney Music Group President Ken Bunt on the 'Star Wars' Soundtrack

Have you heard any of the Star Wars music yet?

"Yeah, we just finished scoring. It's obvious what I'm going to say, right? It's incredible; it's [composer] John Williams. It matches the tone of the film and what the fans expect. We'll release the soundtrack with the movie, day-and-date. That's where the [new Friday] global street date is nice, because you don't want any of the [song] titles to be spoilers for the movie."

Any special plans for collectibles?

"We haven't announced it yet, but there'll be a whole series of collectible vinyl releases through 2016. It's hard to announce a date, because the limited capacity of the manufacturing plants, but we can say spring. The vinyl manufacturing takes so long. They score the movie so late, it's tight to make the (CD) release as it is."

Are there any differences in how you handle the catalog music since you took it over from Lucasfilm?

"Streaming platforms didn't exist for the [previous] movies, so that's something that we'll be rolling out, along with character-driven playlists with sounds and dialogue from the movie. People love to hear dialogue and sound effects, so we're working on some ideas now that will incorporate some of that into playlisting. We did already launch three playlists on Spotify -- not of new music, certainly. We'll be working with all the DSPs as far as the new Star Wars music."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6770098/disney-music-group-ken-bunt-interview

Hm... "with sounds and dialogue from the movie", hopefully not on the soundtrack album.

He's clearly talking about the streaming platforms. IE, you can put on the Star Wars channel on Pandora and hear movie clips in between score cuts

He's clearly talking about the streaming platforms. IE, you can put on the Star Wars channel on Pandora and hear movie clips in between score cuts

Yeah, but he still sounds like an effing moron and wouldn't be above pulling shit like that.

"People love to hear dialogue and sound effects, so we're working on some ideas now that will incorporate some of that into playlisting"