The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I think those are the correct tracks. The only thing that puzzles me is that it appears to be chronological and we all know that JW doesn't usually do that with his albums. Perhaps working with LLL and Intrada a lot lately has given him a fresh approach to sequencing his albums.

'March of the Resistance.' Hoping that is an actual march. Which will be cool. 'Rey's Theme.' Yes please! Can't wait for a full concert presentation of a new theme! 'Han and Leia.' A return of their theme I see. Lovely. Hopefully a new presentation. No specific theme for Kylo Ren though, like Kylo Ren march or Kylo Ren's malice etc but with the piece called 'Snoke' it seems that there's a specific thematic presentation for Snoke which kind of tells me that he is perhaps the main villain and Ren is just a pawn. Very interesting.

I think Snoke will clearly have a main theme and Ren will have a small motif like Vader did in Ep4. I think phasma will have nothing, just share the main villain theme as a instrument of evil. I think the gleesons general will have nothing and the first order will have a theme for itself that ren will use as well. Rey and finn have themes clearly. BB8 will too. Po will share the overall resistance theme.

So the new themes will be I think:

Rey's Theme

Finn's Theme

BB8's Theme

Resistance Theme

Maz Kanata Motif

First Order Theme

Snoke Theme

Kylo Ren Motif

Starkiller Motif.

Potential returning themes:

Han and Leia's Theme

The Force Theme

Luke's Theme (Main Theme)

Luke and Leia's Theme

Leia's Theme

Droid motif (C3PO and R2D2)

Imperial March single inclusion (when we see Vader's Mask)

Falcon Fanfare (From the Asteroid Field)

Scherzo for X-Wings could also be a concert piece like The Asteroid Field. Im already in love with this track title. Ohh, cant wait.....:-)

Well, who cares about titles! The music, the listening experience, is what counts!

Getting more and more excited about this... But I'm careful not to expect too much, which I know is always a sure fire way to get disappointed.

No mention of Luke in the track titles I see. Mystery to the last eh?

Heh nice to see Follow Me on the track list. Last time JW used that title was in Always.

Hoping for a 75+ minute album so there will be only 50 or so minutes of unreleased music for Disney to release in the future. ;)

Considering the final track is probably about 8-10 minutes (standard over the last 4 or 5 years for Williams), the rest of the soundtrack must be comprised of fairly short tracks. 3 minutes each track comes to a 75 minute album.

3 minutes tracks is not something I'd call "fairly short".

'March of the Resistance.' Hoping that is an actual march.

It won't be. It'll be a lullaby.

So is anyone going to resist listening to samples when they inevitably leak?

Yes.

How about 23 one minute tracks? Perfect 23 minute listening experience. And shortest end credits ever for a SW score!

Hopefully, the album will be less than 40 minutes long.

30 minutes of which, as promised by JJ, is unrelated music immediately rejected and replaced with the Giacchino temp track.

How about 23 one minute tracks? Perfect 23 minute listening experience. And shortest end credits ever for a SW score!

There won't even be end credits, just an old-fashioned "The End" title card with a little Golden Age Hollywood cadence. Totally retro!

There won't even be end credits, just an old-fashioned "The End" title card with a little Golden Age Hollywood cadence. Totally retro!

the-end-300x226.jpg

But where are all the puns?

Oh wait...this isn't a Giacchino album. This is a John Williams scores and that means a comfortable album listening experience, good track titles and a warm nostalgia finale.

The Italian Amazon site doesn't have the track titles now either.

Might be that they publised the track list before its time and they pulled it off the page.

I think this is like the first A.I. tracklisting that was published back in 2001. Where Dreams Are Born was called 'Vocalise' for example, but it was definately not a fan creation or anything.

My take is that TFA tracklisting comes from a legit source, but probably titles will be rearranged, renamed or combined.

There's a big chance in my mind that most of the titles we've seen will end up on the final disc.

It'll be like Jurassic World, when they released early track names and then some combined, some were removed and some changed, but the overall tracklist remained very similar. We'll get another track list in a couple of weeks that has a few tracks combined and altered. I predict around 16-19 pieces of music in the final CD

Yeah, when was the last John Williams OST with over 20 tracks? Like, never?

He has a very specific album arrangement for Star Wars films; the final track count will definitely be closer to what he did for War Horse and Tintin, around 18.

So is anyone going to resist listening to samples when they inevitably leak?

Me. And I never do that. But for this, I really want to hear it scored to picture first. It appears from the interviews they really cared about the score, and made sure there wasn't compromises. The late scoring sessions hopefully indicate there will be significantly less edited/chopped up music. I'll have the cd in my car for when I leave the theater. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I reckon I'll buy the CD and leave it as my post-film-viewing treat. You know, just like when you see a movie you never expected to be great, and you're pleasantly surprised by the score so you immediately listen to it afterwards?

I'm just dreading the moment where I anxiously await the clean, OST presentation of _insert amazing musical moment here_ only to discover it isn't even on the OST. We all know it'll happen. :(