The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

It's a pretty insulting thing to call a musician shitty because they don't know jazz. If that was your idea of a joke, then I'm sorry our sense of humour don't overlap.

(hyperbole does reduce credibility btw)

SUH, he wasn't insulting anyone. He's just emphasizing how prevalent and important a part jazz has become of today's musical vocabulary.

The way it was phrased was done in JWFan fashion. Don't take things so literally!

The TFA soundtrack cover has been slightly changed, to enlarge Williams' credit (perhaps Disney was reading JWFan, and wanted to show their commitment to Williams and dispel suggestions that the cellar song writer would get all the publicity ;) ):

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens/dp/B014V6JIQK

718X9e7l8lL._SL1500_.jpg

Cool, we need BloodBoal to do a hover compare! :)

It does look that way. I'm actually really stoked about that!

Someone at Disney had a lot of pull to make this happen. Inevitably the whole thing will leak at least 2 or 3 days beforehand (it's inevitable with physical copies already mastered and sitting in warehouses/mail rooms for shipping by the end of this week), but I appreciate the efforts Disney have gone to.

Someone at Disney had a lot of pull to make this happen. Inevitably the whole thing will leak at least 2 or 3 days beforehand (it's inevitable with physical copies already mastered and sitting in warehouses/mail rooms for shipping by the end of this week), but I appreciate the efforts Disney have gone to.

Yeah me too. When I used to work for ASDA we used to get our new releases 3/4 days before release, meaning that ASDA's supplier must have them 7/8 days before release. So yes I imagine we should have it by next Monday/Tuesday.

They would've started printing physical copies well over a week ago (maybe a fortnight) which was around about the time that tracklist leaked. Coincidence? I think not.

They will be shipping to suppliers and retailers like Amazon and Walmart this week, ensuring availability for next Friday. So likewise I'd expect the complete leak by Monday/Tuesday.

Ironically I'd be more tempted to listen to 30 second samples of 3 or 4 tracks than downloading the full leak.

They would've started printing physical copies well over a week ago (maybe a fortnight) which was around about the time that tracklist leaked. Coincidence? I think not.

They will be shipping to suppliers and retailers like Amazon and Walmart this week, ensuring availability for next Friday. So likewise I'd expect the complete leak by Monday/Tuesday.

Ironically I'd be more tempted to listen to 30 second samples of 3 or 4 tracks than downloading the full leak.

Because i'm unable to control myself I'll listen to anything and everything as quick as I can.

Could anyone tell me what the Deluxe edition contains that the regular edition doesn't?

Also, what and where is it going to be a digipack and jewel case? On Amazon.de I found on the Deluxe edition's page this: "Als Jewelcase und Digipack erhältlich!"

Where do people in Europe buy this from? Any good deals?

Could anyone tell me what the Deluxe edition contains that the regular edition doesn't?

Also, what and where is it going to be a digipack and jewel case? On Amazon.de I found on the Deluxe edition's page this: "Als Jewelcase und Digipack erhältlich!"

Where do people in Europe buy this from? Any good deals?

All i know is there is no extra content in any of them, they are all the same (music wise). There's the normal plastic jewelcase and the cardboard style deluxe version (which apparently has foil embossed logos).

I'll reiterate:

Incanus, on 19 Nov 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:snapback.png

I found this bit of extra info on the Deluxe version on the site of Scandinavian online retailer CDON:

Regular Version
- Standard tracklist in jewel case, 24 page booklet

Deluxe Edition
- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet
- Limited edition

And this Retail Exlusive Digipack
- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs
- Limited edition

Because i'm unable to control myself I'll listen to anything and everything as quick as I can.

I wouldn't be able to say no either, especially with the way Disney's been blue balling us. If it does leak, I don't want to find myself sucked into a full listen but I can't resist Rey's Theme, March of the Resistance, or Scherzo for X-Wings. I'll plan for that, I guess, grab those and the new main title recording for a little Force Awakens preview EP, immediately delete the rest, and that'll be enough to keep me away from the Internet until the 18th. :P

But like crumbs, at this point I do kinda hope that somehow they've made it happen where nothing will get out. We've made it this far.

On bol.com it says on the Deluxe edition page:

"De Deluxe Edition verschijnt in een digipack incl. 16 pagina booklet."

I'd rather have 24 pages! ;)

On bol.com it says on the Deluxe edition page:

"De Deluxe Edition verschijnt in een digipack incl. 16 pagina booklet."

I'd rather have 24 pages! ;)

If it is just pictures, I wouldn't much care.

Given all the secrecy and paranoia about spoilers that surrounded the film, it's not that surprising they're keeping the music too under tight wraps. However, last year we had a very similar situation with Interstellar.

It will be frustrating listening to the OST after seeing the movie. You just know 3 or 4 of the memorable "I can't wait to hear that cue on the soundtrack!" moments will only end one way.

I will never understand the view point of some users here.

If a soundtrack album dont't contain all the music heard in the movie and even pratically all the recorded elements from the recording sessions that served to make the final edits....well it's "deceiving", it's not complete, it's not right.

Geez, you ask the base material that was available to the guy who did the sound montage of the movie, not less, not more!

But you're not this guy.

All this material has not to become public.

The movie is one thing. The soundtrack album is another.

They are two different artistic entities. It's normal, it's intentend that they don't have the same content.

I understand that, why can't some of you don't?

Repeat after me, you're not a soundtrack editor, you're a music lover. You're the one who watches movies and listen to soundtrack albums. :-)

Okay you're not always happy with the cues that have been chosen to appear on the album, but please respect the composer will and choices when he publishes his album, even more when he's also the producer.

I will never understand the view point of some users here.

If a soundtrack album dont't contain all the music heard in the movie and even pratically all the recorded elements from the recording sessions that served to make the final edits....well it's "deceiving", it's not complete, it's not right.

Geez, you ask the base material that was available to the guy who did the sound montage of the movie, not less, not more!

But you're not this guy.

All this material has not to become public.

The movie is one thing. The soundtrack album is another.

They are two different artistic entities. It's normal, it's intentend that they don't have the same content.

I understand that, why can't some of you don't?

Repeat after me, you're not a soundtrack editor, you're a music lover.

You're not a sound editor, you're the one who watches movies and listen to soundtrack albums. :-)

Okay you're not always happy with the cues that have been chosen to appear on the album, but please respect the composer will and choices...

How do you know I'm not a soundtrack editor? You don't know my life.

Okay you're not always happy with the cues that have been chosen to appear on the album, but please respect the composer will and choices when he publishes his album, even more when he's also the producer.

Oh the composer can compile whatever he likes as the finished album but that doesn't mean I have to agree with that being the best presentation of his music. It is his view on the matter, which is often quite different from mine.

All I want from the soundtrack album is to adequately represent music from the film and offer me a nice listen. It doesn't have to mean the album must have all of it. But I like to have this impression that they didn't leave anything vital out (even if 60 minutes is missing). There are some albums that can do that. And no, it doesn't need to be chronological either.

The complete releases for me are mostly for archival purposes and for studying. There are, of course, great complete presentations that translate beautifully into good albums, even if they're long. But, most often than not, they don't. But that's not their purpose anyway.

Karol

I won't listen to anything else for 6 months!

Oh big words BB! Can you truly pull that off?

It's Williams! Of course I can pull that off! Don't we all?

Even I, the One True John Williams Believer, need variety to thrive.

You're one weak fellow, dear Incánus!

He's the One Fake John Williams Believer.

I expect to see your daily playlists on my desk every day for the next 6 months at 0900 hours gentlemen. Nothing but Star Wars the Force Awakens should appear there.