The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I think if you pre-order a digital album, you get sent the download details on release day, or it appears in your 'library'. Either way, you don't need to remember to buy it.

That last point is unlikely to be a problem with Star Wars...

In the wake of the digital pre-order, I am looking forward to editing the album down to a more tolerable 40 minutes.

First you are going to have to listen to the album as many times as it takes for you to be as familiar with the score as John Williams is.

Star Wars fever has reached Reddit. Check out the insightful tidbit about Williams that's being discussed right now!

p4oe2gl.jpg

The comments are as annoying as you'd expect. Bad music jokes, ignorance stated confidently as fact, fuckin' dilettantes.

Normal people really are stupid, aren't they?

More like Redditors. They are a pretty dumb crowd, especially involving film scores. I oughtta know; I'm among them.

*tips fedora*

Our refined and finely articulated ways when it comes to music discussion regarding John Williams are far superior to anything else found on the subject on the internet. The boors and heathens outside the walls of this fortress of sophistication and high culture will never fathom the correct and proper way of addressing the Maestro's work in the style that does justice to its masterful brilliance.

I didn't understand a thing you said, but I agree!

"Surprisingly, Abrams didn’t feel like he was in full Star Wars mode until he sat down with Oscar-winning composer John Williams, who has written the iconic symphonies for the series. “I went over to John Williams’ house one day and he played songs on the piano.” Abrams said. “It was just like hearing music from the (Star Wars) gods.” Still, Ford insists The Force Awakens story still matters more than rousing music and state-of-the-art eye candy. Of course, there was a time when Ford fans thought he would do another Indiana Jones picture before returning to Han Solo in the Star Wars saga."

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/movie-guide/star+wars+Force+flows+through+story/11563874/story.html

:(

Our refined and finely articulated ways when it comes to music discussion regarding John Williams are far superior to anything else found on the subject on the internet. The boors and heathens outside the walls of this fortress of sophistication and high culture will never fathom the correct and proper way of addressing the Maestro's work in the style that does justice to its masterful brilliance.

I didn't understand a thing you said, but I agree!

Shouldn't have mentioned that, dumbass! Just pretend to!

I remember when Reddit was a bastion of superior intellect. Then it got popular. Now people like TheGreyPilgrim visit it on a daily basis.

This is why I don't like the idea of growing or popularizing JWFan.

"Surprisingly, Abrams didn’t feel like he was in full Star Wars mode until he sat down with Oscar-winning composer John Williams, who has written the iconic symphonies for the series. “I went over to John Williams’ house one day and he played songs on the piano.” Abrams said. “It was just like hearing music from the (Star Wars) gods.” Still, Ford insists The Force Awakens story still matters more than rousing music and state-of-the-art eye candy. Of course, there was a time when Ford fans thought he would do another Indiana Jones picture before returning to Han Solo in the Star Wars saga."

I disagree - state-of-the-art eye candy matters just as much, if not more, in providing a fullfilling cinematic experience!

I remember when Reddit was a bastion of superior intellect. Then it got popular. Now people like TheGreyPilgrim visit it on a daily basis.

This is why I don't like the idea of growing or popularizing JWFan.

Oh, I don't visit it regularly either anymore. Like other social media things, I hear about it through other people.

Also fuck you!

6 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Where would you rank the music in comparison to the other films? Or is it too soon to really judge it that way?

How are the new major themes Williams generates for the film?Would you consider any of them to be up there with the Imperial March, Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, etc?

Loved the new themes, but its hard to beat the classics like Imperial March. I think Williams tries his best but they still need the old themes for nostalgia factor so there's remixes as well as in addition to the new soundtrack bits. That combined orchestra though...

Anyways its better to hear it for yourself in theaters for the first time instead of your headset at your computer. Won't surprise me if the soundtrack leaks soon if it hasn't already.

Full review below:

Here's my non-spoiler review/impressions on the movie. NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Oh boy, how to review a film without talking anything about the story.

My whole plan to see the film was try to avoid any footage of it besides the teasers. This is very difficult especially in my field. I did see the first two teasers as planned, but haven't seen any of the latest marketing besides a brief bit of a TV Spot, and of course that meme all over my feed, thanks facebook friends. Anyways, based on this, I had no idea what to expect.

Yes, the film is excellent. Hell, its fucking awesome. Its nice to see a decent Star Wars film after the prequels (I know it gets tiring, but there'll be comparisons here).

Effects: JJ has been heavily emphasizing practical models and effects and there's actually a lot of it, or the CGI is just so good on certain things. Either way it worked. Obviously there's CGI, and having seen Revenge of the Sith recently obviously TFA's CGI beats it. It doesn't feel like its all over the place, like Lucas prequel films, sorry if it sounds a bit off topic here. The sound design itself is awesome. I mean people will focus on the obviously amazing soundtrack by John Williams, but I very much enjoyed the sounds of the various things in the movie (Spaceships, characters, world, etc). No complaints for the effects honestly.

Cinematography did the job when needed in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out but there are a few stunning landscape shots. I would be more specific on what scenes, but no spoilers.

Did it feel like a Star Wars movie? There were a few people mentioning to me they were worried about it just being a sci fi movie with Star Wars elements. Its definitely a Star Wars movie, and a great one at that. If the Williams theme doesn't convince you, then the characters will and the feel of the world. Lots of fan service, but done very well. I'm not exactly a hardcore fan here, but even a casual person might get a few of the references heh. If you feel worried the marketing has spoiled a bit, you're in for a show. I think their restrained marketing strategy will really please fans. I'd be honestly okay if JJ did the rest of the series, but it'll be interesting to see how the other directors handle it.

Characters characters characters. How were the new leads like Ridley and Boyega? They were both good, though I think Boyega was better. Had some great scenes. I'm going to avoid talking about the old cast besides saying Ford may have aged, but he's still Han Solo. I would talk more in this section, but I might be walking into spoiler territory. No complaints about the characters here in general.

Its also nice to have a decent script where the characters aren't worried about stupid sand or cringe worthy romance bits.

Crowd was perfect btw, they cheered at the right moments. I think they enjoyed it, but I didn't exactly survey everyone. Though Disney types did hand out some surveys. What does this mean for box office? Seeing the film doesn't automatically make me the best box office predictor but I can say with confidence that it'll explode. Anyways.

Its definitely a Star Wars movie.

STAR WARS IS BACK.

If I had to rate it, this is tough because I really love a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. I think in some ways its stronger then ANH, but that movie was so damn revolutionary that its hard to top for me.

ESB

ANH

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Final rating: A

I visit Reddit frequently, but not for movies, music, sex talk or whatever else is trending. A handful of the subreddits are the most balanced and healthy (by internet standards) community forums I've stumbled across in all my time online. With that said, I'm more of a lurker there than I am here.

Where would you rank the music in comparison to the other films? Or is it too soon to really judge it that way?

How are the new major themes Williams generates for the film?Would you consider any of them to be up there with the Imperial March, Duel of the Fates, Across the Stars, etc?

Loved the new themes, but its hard to beat the classics like Imperial March. I think Williams tries his best but they still need the old themes for nostalgia factor so there's remixes as well as in addition to the new soundtrack bits. That combined orchestra though...

Anyways its better to hear it for yourself in theaters for the first time instead of your headset at your computer. Won't surprise me if the soundtrack leaks soon if it hasn't already.

Full review below:

Here's my non-spoiler review/impressions on the movie. NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Oh boy, how to review a film without talking anything about the story.

My whole plan to see the film was try to avoid any footage of it besides the teasers. This is very difficult especially in my field. I did see the first two teasers as planned, but haven't seen any of the latest marketing besides a brief bit of a TV Spot, and of course that meme all over my feed, thanks facebook friends. Anyways, based on this, I had no idea what to expect.

Yes, the film is excellent. Hell, its fucking awesome. Its nice to see a decent Star Wars film after the prequels (I know it gets tiring, but there'll be comparisons here).

Effects: JJ has been heavily emphasizing practical models and effects and there's actually a lot of it, or the CGI is just so good on certain things. Either way it worked. Obviously there's CGI, and having seen Revenge of the Sith recently obviously TFA's CGI beats it. It doesn't feel like its all over the place, like Lucas prequel films, sorry if it sounds a bit off topic here. The sound design itself is awesome. I mean people will focus on the obviously amazing soundtrack by John Williams, but I very much enjoyed the sounds of the various things in the movie (Spaceships, characters, world, etc). No complaints for the effects honestly.

Cinematography did the job when needed in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out but there are a few stunning landscape shots. I would be more specific on what scenes, but no spoilers.

Did it feel like a Star Wars movie? There were a few people mentioning to me they were worried about it just being a sci fi movie with Star Wars elements. Its definitely a Star Wars movie, and a great one at that. If the Williams theme doesn't convince you, then the characters will and the feel of the world. Lots of fan service, but done very well. I'm not exactly a hardcore fan here, but even a casual person might get a few of the references heh. If you feel worried the marketing has spoiled a bit, you're in for a show. I think their restrained marketing strategy will really please fans. I'd be honestly okay if JJ did the rest of the series, but it'll be interesting to see how the other directors handle it.

Characters characters characters. How were the new leads like Ridley and Boyega? They were both good, though I think Boyega was better. Had some great scenes. I'm going to avoid talking about the old cast besides saying Ford may have aged, but he's still Han Solo. I would talk more in this section, but I might be walking into spoiler territory. No complaints about the characters here in general.

Its also nice to have a decent script where the characters aren't worried about stupid sand or cringe worthy romance bits.

Crowd was perfect btw, they cheered at the right moments. I think they enjoyed it, but I didn't exactly survey everyone. Though Disney types did hand out some surveys. What does this mean for box office? Seeing the film doesn't automatically make me the best box office predictor but I can say with confidence that it'll explode. Anyways.

STAR WARS IS BACK.

If I had to rate it, this is tough because I really love a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. I think in some ways its stronger then ANH, but that movie was so damn revolutionary that its hard to top for me.

ESB

ANH

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Looks like the trailer 'remixes' made it into the film!

Full review below:

STAR WARS IS BACK.

ESB

ANH

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Looks like the trailer 'remixes' made it into the film!
......?

:(