The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I see that that music in the video above is from some videogame. It sounded too lightweight to be Williams, but I could not figure out why Disney would not use 30 seconds of Star Wars music to promote a Star Wars soundtrack. Very bizarre.

I see that that music in the video above is from some videogame. It sounded too lightweight to be Williams, but I could not figure out why Disney would not use 30 seconds of Star Wars music to promote a Star Wars soundtrack. Very bizarre.

"If I were to ever search for logic, I wouldn't look for it among Disney's Marketing Department."

picture-1.png

Just checked The Disney Music Emporium website, The Force Awakens soundtrack the last time I checked was $19. Which is reasonable but not it is $34.00 for no embossed cover and just a poster!?! Wow! And yes I am complaining that is crazy i can see if it's a two CD set but its not. Anyone else agree?

It's the first new Star Wars music outside a game, animated movie or TV show in a decade. It doesn't need clips to promote itself. If you don't want it based on credentials alone...

FYP.

Just checked The Disney Music Emporium website, The Force Awakens soundtrack the last time I checked was $19. Which is reasonable but not it is $34.00 for no embossed cover and just a poster!?! Wow! And yes I am complaining that is crazy i can see if it's a two CD set but its not. Anyone else agree?

No. Embossing is a very difficult technique which requires a lot of skill and time, for a result that is mindblowing.

The price is totally justified.

But the question is cover of The Force Awakens soundtrack be embossed? i know we don't really no yet but Im pretty sure a few weeks ago on the Disney Music Emporium website said the cover would be embossed and at the time it was only $19. can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

It's the first new Star Wars music outside a game, animated movie or TV show in a decade. It doesn't need clips to promote itself. If you don't want it based on credentials alone...

FYP.

FYMANLASLI.

I'm legitimately torn between:

1) Getting the regular CD

and

2) Bypassing a physical copy entirely for the high-res download

I want to support digital, especially lossless digital because I really want it to take off for soundtracks. At the same time, I think high-res albums should be priced the same as the CD and I don't want to support their price gouging. Decisions, decisions...

<Rant> iTunes and the other major platforms should get onboard with lossless already. Instead we're getting 4k masters of everything (how is HD not good enough for most uses??), but audio stays compressed. They could even keep 256 kbps as the default setting for their stores, but leave customers the option to download something better should they so choose. </End rant>

No. Torrenting is a perfectly valid/legal distribution system.

Not in this case ...

Again, the platform is perfectly legitimate, it's just the content being distributed that makes it illegal.

I'm legitimately torn between:

1) Getting the regular CD

and

2) Bypassing a physical copy entirely for the high-res download

I want to support digital, especially lossless digital because I really want it to take off for soundtracks. At the same time, I think high-res albums should be priced the same as the CD and I don't want to support their price gouging. Decisions, decisions...

<Rant> iTunes and the other major platforms should get onboard with lossless already. Instead we're getting 4k masters of everything (how is HD not good enough for most uses??), but audio stays compressed. They could even keep 256 kbps as the default setting for their stores, but leave customers the option to download something better should they so choose. </End rant>

Who is selling this lossless album you speak of???

Nobody as far as we know.

From a Walt Disney Records press release from December 4 (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/star-wars-the-force-awakens-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-from-oscar-winning-composer-john-williams-300188081.html) that I had posted earlier in the thread:

"The soundtrack will also be available at all digital download, streaming and hi-res services on Dec. 18."

Most of my collection was contained in flip CD trays on top of a couple IKEA LACK side tables. Last time I saw it, anyway.

Except for my beater copy of the Star Wars Trilogy Anthology and my autographed Superman box set (which I know is in a safe somewhere), I don't know where my physical collection is anymore! I abandoned it years ago.

Who cares about digital files when you can have a great package you can keep on your shelf with all your other film score collectibles?

I didn't take up this hobby for collectibles, fridge magnets or triple embossed artwork. I just want the music, no physical product necessary.

Who cares about digital files when you can have a great package you can keep on your shelf with all your other film score collectibles?

I didn't take up this hobby for collectibles, fridge magnets or triple embossed artwork. I just want the music, no physical product necessary.

I'm only going to live once, so I may as well enjoy my physical collection as well as the music. I'm a highly committed collector and connoisseur of physical albums.