The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

JWFan waiting for the OST:

missioncontrol2.jpg

Last night I dreamed that we got the samples (about 20 minutes total) and I was discussing them with Jay, in person. Then I sneaked into a nice, "heavenly" garden and saw JW taking his morning walk. He looked very happy, as if this last score was the crowning achievement of his life.

missioncontrol2.jpg

Last night I dreamed that we got the samples (about 20 minutes total) and I was discussing them with Jay, in person. Then I sneaked into a nice, "heavenly" garden and saw JW taking his morning walk. He looked very happy, as if this last score was the crowning achievement of his life.

All of this will come true.

missioncontrol2.jpg

All of this will come true.

Confirmed then, Episodes VIII and IX will suck monkey penis.

Should the score leak, will discussion of it be allowed? Because I'm thinking about taking a short break from the forum once that happens

I think when it leaks I'll start a containment thread to discuss it in, and people should only discuss the music in that thread and not be allowed to describe the music in any others.

Of course, if I'm sound asleep when it leaks, who knows what could happen....

I really wonder if it will leak before the 18th. If it hasn't leaked before that, I will try record the audio on my phone when I go see it on the 16th, might as well do that anyway to get my head around the score, what we have and what's missing and so on.

Not sure if it the sound will be good though but it is worth a try.

Well this marketing strategy of not revealing anything works effectively. Now everybody is more assuredly squirming in the throes of burning anticipation than if we had gotten preview clips or if promos had leaked.

It worked precisely the way they wanted. I'm surprised they could prevent major leaks this far, and be so secretive with almost every key aspect of the film.

Segments of the score were the final hit for me. I want this album!

They are to be commended, they've done a brilliant job on keeping everything under "lock and key".

Yeah, that happens when you start threatening to sue fans for buying action figures that have been put on store shelves. It's hard for much to leak when that happens.

Yeah. I've known some stuff for over a year and the whole story since the summer but they've stopped it going mainstream. The big sites weren't reporting on them I guess.

Yeah. I've known some stuff for over a year and the whole story since the summer but they've stopped it going mainstream. The big sites weren't reporting on them I guess.

I doubt anyone has been as actively reading all the spoilers that have been reported over the past year on MSW, SWU, MF, etc. as me.

I read it all.

The consensus is that although we know a lot and a lot has leaked, some MAJOR plot elements have never leaked nor surfaced, not even among the most trusted sources.

In any plot synopis based on the spy reports, you'll always find these important gaps.

People know WHAT happens during most the movie; people just don't know WHY certain things happen, keeping even the spoiler-infested fans intrigued till the end.

JJ managed to keep key elements a true mystery, an amazing feet these days.

Well this marketing strategy of not revealing anything works effectively. Now everybody is more assuredly squirming in the throes of burning anticipation than if we had gotten preview clips or if promos had leaked.

I was thinking the same. I think this has actually never happened before.

Listening to Revenge of the Sith as I await the new score. What strikes me is how good the individual moments are - and how little cohesion there is. A lot of the blame certainly lies with Lucas. There's the fact that large sections of the film were not made available to Williams and ended up with tracked music from the previous films. The narrative and thematic framework of the score is filled with holes because of this; certain ideas could not be developed or brought to completion (probably the most egregious unscored scene is Vader's march on the Jedi Temple). Then there's Lucas's editing style in general - just terrible for a dramatic score. Quick wipe, transition, shot of a ship landing, two lines of dialogue, another shot of a ship landing... too fragmentary to satisfactorily score. But I also think Williams dropped the ball on a few occasions; two complete renditions of "Qui-Gon's Funeral" in a row? What on Earth? As wonderful as that piece was in the context of The Phantom Menace, we really didn't need to hear it twice. And why didn't we ever hear much of Anakin's Theme? So what we're left with (both on album and in the unreleased stuff) is a series of brilliant moments, but a whole that is less than the sum of its parts.

Abrams' editing style is totally different. I have high hopes that this score will feel complete and cohesive.

Listening to Revenge of the Sith as I await the new score. What strikes me is how good the individual moments are - and how little cohesion there is. A lot of the blame certainly lies with Lucas. There's the fact that large sections of the film were not made available to Williams and ended up with tracked music from the previous films. The narrative and thematic framework of the score is filled with holes because of this; certain ideas could not be developed or brought to completion (probably the most egregious unscored scene is Vader's march on the Jedi Temple). Then there's Lucas's editing style in general - just terrible for a dramatic score. Quick wipe, transition, shot of a ship landing, two lines of dialogue, another shot of a ship landing... too fragmentary to satisfactorily score. But I also think Williams dropped the ball on a few occasions; two complete renditions of "Qui-Gon's Funeral" in a row? What on Earth? As wonderful as that piece was in the context of The Phantom Menace, we really didn't need to hear it twice. And why didn't we ever hear much of Anakin's Theme? So what we're left with (both on album and in the unreleased stuff) is a series of brilliant moments, but a whole that is less than the sum of its parts.

Well said. 100% agree.

The second rendition of the Qui-Gon Funeral music with the Force theme and Imperial March is amazing!

One of my favourite cues of the Prequels and it's not on the soundtrack :(

I cannot think of a single big blockbuster film score that wasn't leaked and/or reviewed by film score review sites by 4 days before CD release.

I know, it's great that it hasn't happened for TFA yet

A simple contributing factor could be that for the score to leak, people need to have the score. With the scoring sessions ending so close to the release date of the picture (less than six weeks, was it?), the physical CDs might not be back from the manufacturer yet.

I cannot think of a single big blockbuster film score that wasn't leaked and/or reviewed by film score review sites by 4 days before CD release.

I know, it's great that it hasn't happened for TFA yet

A simple contributing factor could be that for the score to leak, people need to have the score. With the scoring sessions ending so close to the release date of the picture (less than six weeks, was it?), the physical CDs might not be back from the manufacturer yet.

If distributors don't already have them, no one is getting the CD on Friday.

RotS is the best prequel score for me for that exact reason. I can enjoy the individual pieces. When a score only draws its appeal from being heard as a whole, it's boring.