The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I'm looking for a specific solo moment for the bassoons. I've heard flutes, oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet but I haven't been able to found a solo moment for the bassoons, or even hear them with the rest of the orchestra. Except for one particular moment when they're heard at the beggining of That Girl With the Staff where they're playing a sustained chord accompaining the flutes.

But apart from that, no luck so far.

On 1/14/2016 at 11:51 PM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Where?  Decent chance it was me.

Sorry for the late response. I was sitting near a heavily traversed spot on my campus studying and somebody walked by that was whistling it.

As an inverse to that tale, I've been whistling March of the Resistance for the past 2 weeks (not very well, I might add) and I've been stopped twice by people who recognized it. One person knew it was from Star Wars while the other individual was able to recognize it more precisely as March of the Resistance. This led to us discussing the TFA OST for the next couple minutes before we both had to get to class. Felt weird discussing it publicly and away from a keyboard but certainly an enjoyable experience nonetheless.

On 2/2/2016 at 0:16 PM, Michael said:

I'm looking for a specific solo moment for the bassoons. I've heard flutes, oboe, clarinet, bass clarinet but I haven't been able to found a solo moment for the bassoons, or even hear them with the rest of the orchestra. Except for one particular moment when they're heard at the beggining of That Girl With the Staff where they're playing a sustained chord accompaining the flutes.

But apart from that, no luck so far.

Are there bassoons in 2:58-3:08 of Han and Leia?

40 minutes ago, nightscape94 said:

they're going to upload footage of the scoring sessions

I'm sure that's exactly what it means.

1 minute ago, Demodex said:

Meh. Couldn't care less about watching an orchestra. Unreleased music would be loads better. 

Listening greatly improves the experience. 

Watching the Maestro at work on a sound stage is a nice treat, and provides wonderful access to the process.  How any fan of film scores or orchestral performance could be indifferent toward something like this is mind-boggling, especially given the composer.

Hearing unreleased music would be an even greater treat, and would provide wonderful listening pleasure. How any fan of film scores or orchestral performance could be indifferent toward something like this is mind-boggling, especially given the composer.

1 hour ago, Mr. Big said:

Williams did mention something about releasing the unreleased music in an expanded release on the interview.

That's pretty newsworthy. I'm surprised more hasn't been made of that comment?

Hopefully Mr. Matessino makes a well-timed phone call once BFG sessions are finished! ;)

7 hours ago, Mr. Big said:

Williams did mention something about releasing the unreleased music in an expanded release on the interview.

If you're referring to the "30 minutes of music not heard in the film that will be released" comment, that was J.J., not Williams, and that was pretty vague!

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

If you're referring to the "30 minutes of music not heard in the film that will be released" comment, that was J.J., not Williams, and that was pretty vague!

Not that one.  He vaguely mentioned something in the new radio interview 

3 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Source or it didn't happen.

The 11th of February KUSC interview with Jim Svejda where JW states there is quite a lot of alternate, discarded or rewritten stuff from TFA and he hints that might be released. Very much along the same lines as Abrams said in one of those interviews last year.

What exactly did he say?

Fanboys can rarely be trusted when it comes to this kind of stuff, because they always hear what they want to hear.

Williams: "I enjoyed working on Episode VII" -> Fanboys: "Williams said he's gonna do Episode VIII!!!!"

Williams: "I've got back pain" -> Fanboys: "Williams' gonna die!!!!!"

Williams: "There's quite a bit of music that didn't make it onto the TFA OST that is quite good and worth listening to" -> Fanboys: "WE'RE GONNA GET A 3-CD SET FOR TFA!!!!!"

On 2/17/2016 at 9:15 AM, thx99 said:

The rumored 2-CD expanded release?!?!

Capture.PNG.3337ee3d178f4b0b54b209116eaf

I think this is simply in reference that Scoring Sessions will be able to film the recording sessions for Desplat's Rogue One score later this year.

12 minutes ago, Jay said:

I think this is simply in reference that Scoring Sessions will be able to film the recording sessions for Desplat's Rogue One score later this year.

That would seem more logical, considering the source.

Yea.  Desplat has had 5 scores of his filmed by them before

http://scoringsessions.com/composers/752/

And the only thing they filmed by Williams is the Paint Me A Rainbow charity album

http://scoringsessions.com/composers/231/

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Actually, this is almost certainly in reference to getting pictures of Williams scoring TFA. Scoring Sessions.com has mentioned multiple times on their site in the past couple months that they were trying to get TFA scoring photos, including this from January 12 regarding the Force Awakens (from http://scoringsessions.com/2016/01/12/january-2016-update/):

We’re still working with Lucasfilm and Disney to try to get access to the photos that were taken, the issue is finding out exactly which photos are considered “approved”.  Rest assured that we are not giving up on this, and as soon as we have more than the three photos we’ve seen released, we’ll try to get a gallery up.

Seems like we'll soon be getting an inside look at Williams scoring TFA! 

On 18/02/2016 at 9:48 AM, Incanus said:

The 11th of February KUSC interview with Jim Svejda where JW states there is quite a lot of alternate, discarded or rewritten stuff from TFA and he hints that might be released. Very much along the same lines as Abrams said in one of those interviews last year.

Paraphrasing is no good!

1 minute ago, Richard Penna said:

Paraphrasing is no good!

I don't have time to write transcripts of the interview! You should listen to it yourself!

Here's what he says:

... so as the changes came we could make them, so there have been a lot of cues that are not on the CD... maybe we'll put together some Jim Sjveda version... the unused cues. (laughs)

It sounded a rather humorous comment to me and not really a serious suggestion that anything was going to happen.

34 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

It sounded a rather humorous comment to me and not really a serious suggestion that anything was going to happen.

That is what JW fan hears as "the expanded score is coming!". ;)

We can always hope though.

And as long as Jim Svejda shares his version with us I have no problem. :P

Hey its a common enough occurence at JWFan. Nothing new. Why get so hopping mad about it now?