The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

18 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Bigger fan of Djawadi? Who, when, where, what?

I just recall you gushing about one of his latest scores! I believe it was The Great Wall.

18 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Anyway, doesn't he basically write the same kind of music as the others? What's the difference, really?

You take that back!!

On 4/7/2017 at 1:36 PM, Stefancos said:

What? Wait! Who's NeoJWFAN then? KK? Or was he NeoNeo? And if so what is Will?

Stif, you dummy.  You are NeoJWFan not NeoNeo. 

Dear members of JWfan. It is my sad duty to announce that Bloodboal will be leaving this forum, after admitting that he loves the music of Ramin Djawadi.

We are saddened by his departure and will be a lesser place without him. But obviously this is something he must do. A challenge he must face alone.

While I cannot understand or condone Alvar's actions, i cannot wholly condemn him. And losing him feels like losing a brother.

Go with God, my dear friend!

Dear JWfan, we must all take lessons from Alvar's sudden departure.

His folly is because of our failure. Our failure as a society to look out for each other. 

Perhaps he thought we didnt care about him, perhaps...I don't know.

We must all look at ourselves and determine if we hadn't done enough for him. For each other.

In all seriousness, "The Asteroid Field" gets my personal vote for the greatest, most amazing single cue from any film ever so, as much as I truly love the TFA score, to suggest that "The Falcon" is better is sheer insanity. I've said my piece!

I don't think I ever said which I liked more, but I'm sure I've hinted that "The Asteroid Field" is not a cue I salivate over like most here, however good it may be. 

I prefer "Farewell and the Trip," for example, to name one recent cue. Or in TESB I prefer "Rebels at Bay" or "Clash of Lightsabers." Etc.

Just as a standalone concert arrangement of variations on the main theme, I fucking love "Scherzo for X-Wings."

I should also say that the Episode VII score as a whole is only growing in my estimation as time goes by and I continue listening.

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Shut up, Johansson follower!

It's Jóhannsson, you idiot!

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Dear God, it's worse than I feared!

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Maybe he can't read?

I'd assume that she didn't see the film either.

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

Maybe he can't read?

Just now, Gistech said:

I'd assume that he didn't see the film either.

She.

She's gonna learn the hard way then, or not at all - maybe she doesn't care about the damn thing?

• 4 months later...

After much consideration, I have come to the decision that I prefer the opening main title trumpet blast in the Force Awakens recording to the Phantom Menace recording.

I know you all were waiting on this decision, and I hope you aren't too disappointed.  To my ears the trumpets sound brighter and crisper, and I just prefer that.