The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Hmm. It appears the personalized poster and CD bundle is selling for $34.98. While just the CD is $13.98. So Disney wants us to pay more than $20 for a personalized poster?!

I used to think Sony was the problem, but it seems that ordinary people just don't know how to sell Star Wars CDs.

"You mean there are folks out there who actually want to hear the music??"

"Of course not, but slap some stickers in there and it'll sell like hot cakes!"

At least there's no sign of "Kylo Ren's Theme (Dialogue Version)" yet.

What are the chances of the soundtrack leaking before December 18?

100%. Every CD leaks before their release date. It's been that way since the late 90s

Before the film premiered? Nope.

What do films have anything to do with CDs leaking before their release date?

He was asking if this soundtrack may leak before the film comes out... and I'm saying that if they don't want it to, it won't. It's not unprecedented nor 100% certain like you suggested.

No, he was asking if it will leak before the CDs release date - which is also the 18th. The film is irrelevant in a discussion of CDs leaking.

All CDs leak early. It is a way of modern life!

No, he was asking if it will leak before the CDs release date - which is also the 18th. The film is irrelevant in a discussion of CDs leaking.

All CDs leak early. It is a way of modern life!

I didn't know the CD release was confirmed as the 18th also.

Cool! Ordering it right now!

Always dreamed of having a poster with my name all over it!

BB Awakens poster. You be neat to have it on your wall opposite to your bed.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Soundtrack

Lucasfilm and visionary director J.J. Abrams join forces to take you back again to a galaxy far, far away as Star Wars returns to the big screen with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Make sure to experience the soundtrack by legendary, five-time Academy Award® winning composer, John Williams.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie and soundtrack release 12/18/15.

-----------------

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poster Bundle

This bundle was made for the true Star Wars fan! Each bundle includes the Star Wars: The Force Awakens CD and an exclusive, special edition Star Wars fanified poster with YOUR name included with the names of other fans!

Order by December 1, 2015 at 11:59pm EST in order for shipments to arrive in time for street date. The name in your shipping information will be used in the poster design.

------------------

Earn 50 Disney Movie Rewards points with the purchase of the soundtrack.

Earn 125 Disney Movie Rewards points with the purchase of the bundle.

Pre-Sale Magic Code – valid on Dec 18, 2015

Disney Movie Rewards is open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and D.C.), Puerto Rico and Canada age 13+. Void in Quebec and where prohibited. For complete details and Terms and Conditions, visit DisneyMovieRewards.com.

From http://www.disneymusicemporium.com/rgshop/star-wars-the-force-awakens/(bolding is mine). Some new information here.

There's a photo of the bundle on the site as well:

Star-Wars-TFA-Poster-Bundle-520x520.jpg

I think it's fair to assume that this is the actual final cover:

post-3-0-27092300-1447451727.jpg

Well if that is the final cover it is quite neat.

Now if only we knew what the Deluxe package contains.

I have more faith in Rian Johnson than JJ Abrams.

Frankly I'm more excited for that score than TFA's. I reckon Johnson will push him outside his comfort zone just as Cuaron did, and Williams always produces his best work when he's pushed that far away from conventional scoring.

Frankly I'm more excited for that score than TFA's. I reckon Johnson will push him outside his comfort zone

Or maybe he'll push him out of the recording booth.

As was clearly demonstrated by TFA, the wishes of the director are basically ignored by the seniors at Disney. Hiring Williams was clearly out of JJ's hands and this will continue for all Episode directors as long as JW is willing to write the score. This ain't Harry Potter; these producers know Williams guarantees a substantial additional product they can market in the form of his film score (with endless multiple re-releases to boot) plus obvious accolades like Oscar nominations.

That's not even considering the fact that Johnson has no established film composer partnership yet in the way JJ had Giacchino, and even that wasn't enough to knock JW off the throne.

Kennedy is running the show and she will always give first right of refusal to Johnny "Angel Baby" Williams.