The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

I think concert arrangements were recorded when John Boyega and Daisy Ridley were invited to the recording session. Based on Boyega's claiming that he has his own theme, at least.

It's also more logical to invite the actors to a scoring session with "clearer" music, intended to be listened, than the usually complex or more abstract incidental music.

By the way, I originally introduced myself a couple of years ago http://www.jwfan.com...showtopic=21488

I've been reading the forum since then, but would like to participate more actively from now on. I hope I'm welcome!

So... We should be getting some kind of track list, samples, or any kind of first glimpse of the score (assuming the ABC promo wasn't from the score) soon (assuming they're to be released in advance at all).

Did some checking. Walmart has an exclusive trading card!

Target has two collectible trading cards (!) and an exclusive cover:

http://www.target.com/p/star-wars-the-force-awakens-soundtrack/-/A-50076321#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=force+awakens+soundtrack

So... We should be getting some kind of track list, samples, or any kind of first glimpse of the score (assuming the ABC promo wasn't from the score) soon (assuming they're to be released in advance at all).

I wonder if we'll get anything before November's over.

I would be more excited for fold out posters.

Or bonus tracks. Yeah bonus tracks would be the best.

I do have a weird fetish for music yes. Sometimes it even overrides my desire for fridge magnets, collectible covers, fold-out posters and exclusive collector cards.

That's been common knowledge since the CD was released. And the original 1-Disc LP is not just a promo, it's how it was released in most countries outside the US.

Williams chose to include the 5-movement suite on side 1, hence the "weird" track order.

I always thought that they just switched the 2 LP sides resulting in Finale at the end of side1 and Main Title at the beginning of side 2.

Where's the track list?! I don't care about the cover(s)!!!

Better yet give us sound clips! Or even better give us complete preview tracks!

Give us the complete score already!

Whoa! Whoa! Easy there fella! Complete score is still 40 years off.

I think Disney, with all its big marketing department I suppose they have, hasn't really done the excercise of identifying the real needs of the actual target audience for soundtracks. They are trying to sell the album to a rather vague "general public" with strategies of added value like the fanify poster that are, at best, not totally effective.

It's sad that they don't look at successful examples, like the specialty soundtrack labels, to make the difference between having a one month supersale, or developing a valuable product that could sell for decades to come.

Anyways, I'm still desperate to have this album in my hands and listen to it without anything else bothering my mind.

I would speculate the concert arrangements were recorded earlier in the process, when everything was in full swing and all planned out. I'm guessing these late sessions were due to film changes.

Unless they always planned on recording the concert arrangements at the final pickup sessions, in case only a few short pickups were needed, to not waste everyone's time. Hmmm.

Given the unusual long period of time Williams spent working on this score, I wouldn't be surprised if he waited until the end of the scoring process to record the concert arrangements of the new themes. Maybe he even wrote and recorded a full 4-5 movements concert suite.

I think Disney, with all its big marketing department I suppose they have, hasn't really done the excercise of identifying the real needs of the actual target audience for soundtracks. They are trying to sell the album to a rather vague "general public" with strategies of added value like the fanify poster that are, at best, not totally effective.

I see what you did there

So we weren't mocking your writing, which is perfectly fine.

Oh, that's the way I got it, like a Target store reference. :) It was an involuntary coincidence, though. If the name of the store was more familiar to me, I could have done that on purpose. No offense taken!

I was just quoting comedian/musician Victor Borge's famous line, when he gets confused with English world playing. And he plays with it in a clever fashion.

I found this bit of extra info on the Deluxe version on the site of Scandinavian online retailer CDON:

Deluxe Edition

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

- Limited edition

Regular Version

- Standard tracklist in jewel case, 24 page booklet

And this Retail Exlusive Digipack

- Standard tracklist in 6 panel digipack, silver foil on all panels, 2 levels of emboss on logo, 24 page booklet

• O-Card featuring cover artwork different from standard digipack, and exclusive to this format
  • Two CD sized lithographs

- Limited edition

Why even mention "standard tracklist" if there's no bloody alternative?

It's just a redundant inclusion in the description unless there's, say, an alternative "extended tracklist."

I hate record labels.

I wonder what would constitute a "special tracklist" anyway. :P

Sadly they didn't go by the way of The Hobbit and Man of Steel and give us a regular OST and a Special Edition with more music. Heck they could have just made the OST 1 disc and the special edition 2 discs.

But of course embossed covers and collectibles will be much more desirable by everyone.

A free download code to highlight tracks from the original trilogy, including The Imperial March.

I'd not buy that! Not even for a dollar.

The tracklist written out in unicorns blood with a quill....by a griffin!

Now THAT is special!