The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Guys, do you think there will be some internal promos flying around with different tracklists in the close circles of Disney and GSA agency at this moment ? Imagine if we could get a hold of it. Im sure there is great secrecy involved but once the score is commercially released we could find out what differences it may have.

That's much too long.

You're not by any chance dying of a terminal disease that's shortened your life and taken away your time for listening to good music? Otherwise what do you have that's more important to do than listen to full length albums?

Full length albums are at risk of feeling like they're meandering on and on forever. It can ruin a good album!

"@starwars #TwitterAwakens JJ what was it like working with the legendary John Williams on a Star Wars movie?"

"Absolute definition of the best." He's as kind & wise as he is talented. Wait until you hear the new themes!" - JA

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/672951510964178945

I never thought I would say it I feel sorry for Giaxxhino right now

Would be amusing if Abrams asked Williams to score his next, non-Star Wars film.

Anyway, the new themes comment has my interest piqued. Sounds like they could be really memorable!

That's much too long.

You're not by any chance dying of a terminal disease that's shortened your life and taken away your time for listening to good music? Otherwise what do you have that's more important to do than listen to full length albums?

Full length albums are at risk of feeling like they're meandering on and on forever. It can ruin a good album!

It's like going to Disneyland and only spending a few hours there doing a limited number of attractions, making the best of your time. You'll have more fun than seeing everything. You'd probably have worn yourself out and gotten sick of it.

Would be amusing if Abrams asked Williams to score his next, non-Star Wars film.

Anyway, the new themes comment has my interest piqued. Sounds like they could be really memorable!

Agreed. We could be getting another Across of the Stars soon!

That's much too long.

It's like going to Disneyland and only spending a few hours there doing a limited number of attractions, making the best of your time. You'll have more fun than seeing everything. You'd probably have worn yourself out and gotten sick of it.

Or, inversely, it is like going to Disneyland and only being allowed access to one ride a day. Sometimes it is a fun ride, sometimes it isn't. But I like to have access to more rides so I can choose what variety I want to have.

I know there are other rides, and I would like to go on those rides, but I am not allowed to go on them. Just the one ride that Disneyland decides I am allowed on. And I resent them for that.

A full score in C&C is more like being served a massive meal on a plate the size of a satellite dish and only being able to nibble at it before it makes you feel sick by just looking at it.

But a 40 minute OST is like a well proportioned dish that is fun to eat, and you feel full and enriched by the end. You also feel good that you managed to polish your plate. You might even want dessert later on!

I think so. It also confirms there'll be 23 tracks, so this means the cantina song title is in the list we got last week. I bet it's "The Rathtars!"

If this is the case, then I'm disappointed to have this Cellar Song interrupting the score. I still hope they put it at the end of the CD.

I think so. It also confirms there'll be 23 tracks, so this means the cantina song title is in the list we got last week. I bet it's "The Rathtars!"

If this is the case, then I'm disappointed to have this Cellar Song interrupting the score. I still hope they put it at the end of the CD.

I like how The Piper Dreams interrupts the score program of The Omen.

Google Play Store shows 23 tracks too but indicates the full time as well: 1 hour, 17 minutes and 8 seconds!! Longer than the 3 prequel CDs!

Link: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Bcy2ehekhvtysp3ftal2bwz7hxe

Cellar song aside, that is hugely promising. :)

Between length and track number, it looks like it will probably be a "complete" replication of the film's narrative, or so I hope. I am more willing to let missing big highlights slide when that is the case, if it is the case.

Let's hope the new Cantina Song is 1 or 2 minutes long so there is about 75 minutes of JW music on the album! :)

I don't remember his precise words. Did he explicitly say those 30 minutes were going to be released on this album?

Probably they are going to be released in a near future expanded version, or as separate digital tracks.

Don't forget, 30 minutes of the OST is either rejected or alternate music, according to JJ.

Where did he say that?

I think those 30 minutes will not be on the album, then.

But where would they be released, if not the album?

If they were digital download bonuses, surely we'd know by now (ie. they'd be a heavily advertised pre-order bonus or something).

I'm sure they will work on a 2CD expanded score, aimed directly to the soundtrack enthusiasts. If Lucas managed to sell us the same things more than once, I know Disney will do this mercilessly.

And if the are available as digital downloads, probably the release date is pushed more into 2016. I just find it really improbable that they prepare an OST with almost half of the program not appearing in the film itself.

If the latter, why even include "that will be released" after the word 'movie'? The sentence makes just as much sense if you don't include those words, hence the former interpretation makes much more sense.

I wrote this already, but looks like it's worth repetition: the OST will be a fair representation of the score as heard in the final movie. The extra 30 minutes of unused music will be released at a later date.

Precisely what I think.

Just by using common sense, i.e. something that is dramatically lacking on this boards.

It's not using common sense to assume the 30 minutes of music not in the film will be on the OST? We don't know of any other outlet for the music to be officially released and history has shown us that with Star Wars scores, it's pretty much just the OST for a long time.

True, but that was Star Wars history before Disney. I would never have imagined a Star Wars trailer or TV spot with the kind of music they are using, to name just one difference.

Now anything is possible.

I would have agreed at some point prior to the bonus trading cards, Target exclusive cover, embossed packaging and that guy saying people want to hear dialogue and sound effects. History repeats itself.

Huh?

"Kylo Ren's scenes are underscored by the classic Star Wars Death March theme from John Williams' soundtrack. This is a discussion I was having with J.J."

http://seatingchair.com/2015/12/05/john-boyega-explains-star-wars-tears-42184.html

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Huh?

"Kylo Ren's scenes are underscored by the classic Star Wars Death March theme from John Williams' soundtrack. This is a discussion I was having with J.J."

http://seatingchair.com/2015/12/05/john-boyega-explains-star-wars-tears-42184.html

Sounds like bullshit to me.

I hope it is. I'm so tired of the Imperial March