Does anyone think is new TFA music?

Not Mr. Big

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mystery surrounding the music from the BB-8 and Falcon videos continues, however. Shazam cannot ID those tracks. So either the other sound effects in the video are preventing the app from hearing the music, or that music is new.

If this car commercial music isn't Williams, then the others probably aren't either. I don't get a Williams vibe at all from those. The car commercial music actually does sound like Williams to my ears, although not Williams at his best.

From now on :

If it sounds "kinda" like Willams like but missing some inscrutable "something">>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's not Williams

So, Tintin.

The car commercial music actually reminded me of Tintin.

The mystery surrounding the music from the BB-8 and Falcon videos continues, however. Shazam cannot ID those tracks. So either the other sound effects in the video are preventing the app from hearing the music, or that music is new.

If that car commercial wasn't Williams, I really can't imagine that those are. I'm fairly certain about that but now I'm afraid to make claims about anything :lol:

Edit; Yeah, beat me to it, someonefun

The wait continues. Up until now, I figured the main title would be traditional one, and I still do. However, could Williams have a surprise in store and have a new one. We know he wanted to do it for the prequel trilogy. Disney would like the safe bet, but one would think if Williams convinced JJ, it could happen.

I think the prequels would have had to set that precedent. I just can't see that happening now after 6 movies, everyone's expecting it. The spin-offs are another story, I'm curious to see how they choose to open those.

From now on :

If it sounds "kinda" like Willams like but missing some inscrutable "something">>>>>>>>>>>>>>It's not Williams

And that's the way it should be. I'm sure we'll know when we hear the first real bit of the score.

To be honest--and I know this sounds like hindsight talking--but what gave away the car music as counterfeit was simple. John Williams does not sound like that any more. The way he doubles, layers, and juxtaposes instrumental voices has changed so much since the OT.

Right now I'm only certain the music in Teaser 1 and 2 are the only Williams compositions so far

Wasn't that little bit in the short Instagram teaser also Williams, with the Imperial March variation? Or are we not sure about that?

Right now I'm only certain the music in Teaser 1 and 2 are the only Williams compositions so far

Wasn't that little bit in the short Instagram teaser also Williams, with the Imperial March variation? Or are we not sure about that?

It sort of sounds like Williams but it's missing "something"

That's definitely not Williams...

Yeah, it's not even close.

I didn't think so either, but I know there were a lot of comments on here that were pretty confident about it being JW when it first got posted and I think there were articles claiming it was new. Didn't remember seeing any dismissals so I wasn't sure if the jury was still out on that or what.

I'm guessing the next opportunity to hear some music is when the trailer is released and that may only be music written specifically for the trailer and not music written from the film. Otherwise, it's the OST on December 18 or whenever it's leaked before.

The wait continues. Up until now, I figured the main title would be traditional one, and I still do. However, could Williams have a surprise in store and have a new one. We know he wanted to do it for the prequel trilogy. Disney would like the safe bet, but one would think if Williams convinced JJ, it could happen.

Interesting. What's the source for that piece of information?

There's no way the main title won't be in the this. I certainly would want it to go anywhere; it just is Star Wars as far as the main number films go. The anthology films are where you can change it up with the music.

He's a composer and he does John Williams impersonations every day of the week, Sundays inluded.

Does he get his gentle voice and all the fancy words, like antediluvian, JW uses right?

There are countless Williams-y pieces in every production music library around, like the one used for these commercials. Some of those are better than others at aping the stylings of famous pieces and composers. The most expensive ones have good production values, but it's still library music, you know.

I don't think we'll hear actual music from the film until December. The best chance imho is that it'll be used in the flood of TV spots that will build up close to the release date.

I think it's a good rule of thumb that orchestral music appearing in a video this far from release is probably library music. It must be vastly cheaper than licensing an existing score track. Having spent a lot of time lately combing through several stock music websites, some of it is really impressive.

I thought the music in Teaser 2 sounded like Williams! Actually reminded me a lot of the music that opened the Prisoner of Azkaban teaser.

Very concerning that none of this has been Williams material. Perhaps he isn't feeling well enough to compose anything for commercials? He didn't sound too good in the E.T. Live message....

:( :(

Yeah, commercials. I am hugely concerned with commercials at the moment.

It reminds me of John Debney's Lair

Here's the other video in question from the same place.

"Glory March" by Paul Hart, David Arnold

From the 2-CD set titled "Big Screen Orchestra" (CD1 & CD2)

Bruton Production Music Library (BR-0421)

Track 3 on CD1 and tracks 13-15 on CD2

BTW, it's not THE David Arnold we're all familiar with. This and this are the David Arnold you're looking for.

Very concerning that none of this has been Williams material. Perhaps he isn't feeling well enough to compose anything for commercials? He didn't sound too good in the E.T. Live message....

:( :(

Yeah, commercials. I am hugely concerned with commercials at the moment.

:(