Jaws 2 (1978) - 2015 2-CD Expanded by Intrada Records!

scallenger

Mine shipped on November 18, due to a delay caused by some unexplainable Intrada-PayPal miscommunication. The last status says that the parcel departed from San Francisco on 22.

I hope it gets here soon, but I'm accustomed to wait for more than a month, sometimes two (or even more) for my products to arrive.

In the liner notes Mike Matessino mentions that the LP program is "only" remastered (and not rebuilt from scratch) due to the fact that they couldn't locate the original 3-track elements. In the interview with Jay, Mike specifies that the tracks affected were "The Open Sea", "End Title" and "Eddie's Death".

What does this mean exactly? Obviously, that the alternates used for the LP progam for above tracks are not from the original recording session elements, and hence would lose some fidelity compared the score on disc 1.

But since Mike only mentions three tracks in the interview, does that mean that the other tracks on disc 2 are rebuilt from scratch? I have a hard time noticing any actual difference between the score and the OST for say "Ballet For Divers".

No, nothing on Disc 2 was rebuilt from scratch, or comes from the original recording elements located and used for the entirety of Disc 1.

Disc 2 is simply a remaster of the existing album master.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Anybody else hears "The Typewriter" from Jaws at the beginning of "07 Brody's Thoughts; The Charred Body"?

Yes definitely sounds like the same thing, voiced a little differently maybe but it's there indeed, the important Jaws chord 'A/Eb'.

• 1 year later...

Expanded to TWO CD?

Really?

Based on a two note "ostinato"?

Bitch, PLEASE!

THREE things I never got from JOHN WILLIAMS.

One-JAWS

Two- CE3K

Three- 1941

It's not any more 5,25€:( Now it's 43,90€:lol:

10 hours ago, skyy38 said:

Expanded to TWO CD?

Really?

Based on a two note "ostinato"?

Bitch, PLEASE!

THREE things I never got from JOHN WILLIAMS.

One-JAWS

Two- CE3K

Three- 1941

Why did you sign up here?

A troll is a user with usually a lower number of posts who pops in occasionally to make random, off the wall, incendiary posts just to start or continue a fight without adding anything useful to the conversation. They sometimes but seldom stick around long enough to become constructive members of online society. The line between noob and troll is initially defined by their anger, and over time, noobs just become posters. Trolls remain trolls because they don't earn or gain respect or legitimacy. 

Alternatively (from Wikipedia):

A troll is a class of being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings.

Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings. Depending on the source, their appearance varies greatly; trolls may be ugly and slow-witted, or look and behave exactly like human beings, with no particularly grotesque characteristic about them.

This is a description which fits rather well. :)

4 hours ago, Woj said:

A troll is a user with usually a lower number of posts who pops in occasionally to make random, off the wall, incendiary posts just to start or continue a fight without adding anything useful to the conversation. They sometimes but seldom stick around long enough to become constructive members of online society. The line between noob and troll is initially defined by their anger, and over time, noobs just become posters. Trolls remain trolls because they don't earn or gain respect or legitimacy

So it's 100% confirmed i am not a troll! Thank you, Rich.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

So it's 100% confirmed i am not a troll! Thank you, Rich.

When I started my little speech, I was thinking about how to demonstrate that you are. Then as it went on, I found I couldn't. <shrug>

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:44 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

Is the world running out of JW expansions or what?

When the world is running down, you make the best of what's still around.

19 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Dammit, I only have five copies!

Can I have one? :D

Well, I guess it'll be the the only expanded release I missed.

I wanted to order it for a long time but was either forgetting or it wasn't in stock. And I missed the warning yesterday

7 hours ago, King Mark said:

Well, I guess it'll be the the only expanded release I missed.

I wanted to order it for a long time but was either forgetting or it wasn't in stock. And I missed the warning yesterday

Try the online boutique retailers if youre lucky you might find a copy at a regular price. Otherwise you will have to spend $100. Its still available at Amazon but expensive. But try sending an email to Intrada. Just in case they may have one extra, extra copy. Good luck.