Sony Classical to release Ultimate Star Wars Soundtrack Collection (January 8, 2016)

TownerFan

Star Wars fans, hipsters with skinny jeans, stupid beards and LP players.

Don't forget the stupid hats.

Wow! Amazon has updated the track list on the CD version!!!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NOT9FY

Basically, it now indicates this structure:

Disc 1 = TPM OST

Disc 2 = AOTC OST

Disc 3 = ROTS OST

Disc 4 = ROTS DVD

Disc 5/6 = 1997 ANH SE

Disc 7/8 = 1997 TESB SE

Disc 9/10 = 1997 ROTJ SE

Disc 11 = bonus interview disc

WTF Sony?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CmYHjyOlykay-cD_PxWp3sEx88QfRgKBrlXEl_eNlAY/pubhtml

So the vinyl version will still include the original albums, also available as digital downloads, making it the first ever digital release of the original TESB 2LP.

The press release should at least specify that the CDs will not feature the same music as the vinyls and digital releases.

So, the CD release has Jedi Rocks and the new Celebration music and the LP will have Lapti Nek and Ewok Celebration which are no longer canon since they don't appear in the canon-SE?

That's the cover art with the fucking Stormtrooper helmet? The same old discs erroneously packaged in the original album covers, which they've already done? Interviews with Harrison Ford??

This set looks and sounds like pure shit.

I would go for the high res download over a CD

And sacrifice having a beautiful box set ony shelf to stand aside all my other great box sets? No way!

So, the CD release has Jedi Rocks and the new Celebration music and the LP will have Lapti Nek and Ewok Celebration which are no longer canon since they don't appear in the canon-SE?

No idea why that would happen. The original music deserves to be mainstream.

Well, the prequels on vinyl seem cool to me... but I guess I'm alone on that one.

I'm surprised Force Awakens isn't in there. Surely that'll get a vinyl release?

Well, the prequels on vinyl seem cool to me... but I guess I'm alone on that one.

Sony have nothing to do with anything except the OT and PT. Disney and Lucasfilm have complete control of everything released from here on, including TFA.

Thank God!

Sony has nothing to do with anything except the OT and PT. Disney and Lucasfilm have complete control of everything released from here on, including TFA.

Thank God!

Fixed.

Interresting for ESB to have, at last, the montages "Heroics of Han & Luke" and "Rebels at Bay" that where on the original LPs! But if I understand well, this version of ESB will only be available on the LPs and the Digital Collection, right?

And brand new transfers taken from the original LP Masters, that could sound fine!

That's the only new things I see there.

Amazon has now removed the track listing from the CD box set listing entirely

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B015NOT9FY

It's still there.

Ah, yea, I missed that "See All Items" link. Before, that link wasn't there, and the who track list showed up by default on the page.

The Anthology is the best release of the Star Wars Trilogy. It's perfect in its own way.

The Special Editions have questionable sound quality and the complete/chronological scores run too long. Star Wars is best as assembled for the original album. Too many cues are joined in the RCA versions and I'd rather have them separate like on the Anthology.

:music: Star Wars Polydor 2CD

Drax, you seriously never noticed that Ford A. Thaxton accidentally used a bunch of wrong takes for a bunch of ANH cues in the 1993 Star Wars Anthology box set?

Drax, you seriously never noticed that Ford A. Thaxton accidentally used a bunch of wrong takes for a bunch of ANH cues in the 1993 Star Wars Anthology box set?

It's not that noticeable or a big deal as far as I'm concerned.

"Rescue Of The Princess" definitely is one of the big ones. Also swapped channels on a few cues IE: "Leia's Instructions".

I honestly wouldn't mind if they re-issued the Anthology set but with everything corrected for it.