Harry Potter - Indian Jam

KK

What is this Indian jam? Is it some kind of special preserve? Related to the Space Jam? Made of what kind of exotic ingredients may I ask?

EDIT: Yeah that is some good jam. Works surprisingly well. :)

Thanks for the heads-up, KK. It's fine for what it is, but the music is a bit too occidental in nature to properly work as a 'merger'. I think A.R. Rahman is currently the best out there when it comes to combining unique elements from Indian and western music, both in terms of chord progressions, timbre, rhytms and so forth.

Thanks for the heads-up, KK. It's fine for what it is, but the music is a bit too occidental in nature to properly work as a 'merger'. I think A.R. Rahman is currently the best out there when it comes to combining unique elements from Indian and western music, both in terms of chord progressions, timbre, rhytms and so forth.

I definitely agree! The arrangements don't stray too far from the original progressions. And rarely are these youtube "fusions" as creatively authentic as I'd like. But in the end, these are amateurs so I can admire them for the effort. I expected something far more pedestrian.

• 2 weeks later...

I fancy some naan bread after watching that!

Naan Bread isnt actually Indian its more Afghan! lol..Chappatee bread is more the Indian equivalent .

I fancy some naan bread after watching that!

Have you ever tried pakoras? They're fairly easy to make - and paired with mint chutney, quite a delicacy!

pakoras are best enjoyed on a rainy day along with mint and green chilli chutney

Rich, Indian is not the preferred nomenclature. Native-American please!

I don't remember when we started getting cozy on first name basis, but I was referring to the people from the subcontinent, who brought us vindaloo and call centers, not the Injuns who gave us corn and football mascots.