Boom Tss

John Williams reaction gifs

On 12/10/2016 at 11:20 PM, Will said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has whittled away hours on JWFan, and then been like, "Darn it, the day's almost over!" at the end. 

Brother!

On 2/20/2017 at 3:15 AM, Will said:

God, I love this thread.

I want to like every post, but I've restrained myself. 

Liking posts is a waste of time young William!

Rey is such a great character and Daisy brought such wonderful, almost joyous life to her. Her theme was actually one of the easiest ones for me to write for this film, and possibly the entire saga. Since so much was already there for me on the screen. All I had to do was write it down.

3 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Does the score sheet at 2:05 seriously say "The Great Du A l"?

Yes. These things happen. Just like Williams spelled Darth Vader Vadar in ESB cues like 7M4/8M1 Vadar’s Command or 9M2 Vadar Shows Up. But at least he was consistent with it. :P 

Oh yeah - he consequently misspells it as "Vadar" for *all* of the ESB manuscripts, even the Imperial March is called Vadar's theme. I wonder if he had only heard the name and never read the script at the time?

2 hours ago, Remco said:

Oh yeah - he consequently misspells it as "Vadar" for *all* of the ESB manuscripts, even the Imperial March is called Vadar's theme. I wonder if he had only heard the name and never read the script at the time?

Williams has been known to comment that he doesn't read scripts whilst working on the music because he wants to receive as close an emotional response as possible to the audience seeing the film for the first time.

Still, there's no excuse for misspelling "Vader" as he already appeared in the first film...:unsure: I think Williams just couldn't care less!

On 9/1/2018 at 11:36 PM, leeallen01 said:

Me whenever I hear a single note from Williams.

22eiue.gif

Hmm... what was he talking about?

On 9/1/2018 at 4:12 PM, Loert said:

Williams has been known to comment that he doesn't read scripts whilst working on the music because he wants to receive as close an emotional response as possible to the audience seeing the film for the first time.

Still, there's no excuse for misspelling "Vader" as he already appeared in the first film...:unsure: I think Williams just couldn't care less!

"Jeddi" is also another good one!