JKMS Tweets John Williams quotes from the podium of recording sessions

Not Mr. Big

I certainly didn't realise Williams was so amusing during sessions!

The drummer does the joke drum beat every time Johnny cracks a funny one.

If so, that would be Don, John's brother. :)

They seem to all be holding Williams in an upright position

Interesting. I'm eager to find out why the recording sessions are still going on. The film is nearly two months away now.

I dunno..I think Williams was more sick than was led to believe and had to skip all summer recording

Not sure you can immerse yourself in a score more than Williams has with TFA. He's spent almost a year of his life on this going back to the teaser. He's been writing the first half of the year and consistent recording sessions throughout the second half.

He's probably going to suffer withdrawal and start wearing a Jedi cloak by the time he's done.

His resides in an iron long, which is wheeled to the recording studio every day. He whispers instructions to William Ross....

arthur-digby-sellers.jpg

And a good day to you sir!

I just want to say, sir, that we're both enormous--on a personal level enormous fans. Star Wars, especially the early episodes, has been a source of, uh, inspir....

They seem to all be holding Williams in an upright position

Interesting. I'm eager to find out why the recording sessions are still going on. The film is nearly two months away now.

I dunno..I think Williams was more sick than was led to believe and had to skip all summer recording

He is a man in his eighties with moderate to severe back problems. What do you want? When we are that age, we will not have back problems, because we will be dead.

Just imagine if this is an entire session of alternates and revised cues, ala Tintin. I love that idea much more than the possibility the scoring was put on hiatus after their sessions in June. I'm just relieved Maestro is back doing his best work and recovered from the procedure.

In any event, it sounds like a lot of music for TFA. It'll make a fabulous special edition 2CD set in a few years time if someone's inclined to produce it.

I wonder why Doug is at the recordings?

• 4 weeks later...

More #johnwilliams from the podium. Horns, softer so it changes into something more gentle very quickly

— JoAnn Kane Music Svc (@JKMSlibrary)

November 8, 2015
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#johnwilliams in response to a question. "It may not be good but it's right".

— JoAnn Kane Music Svc (@JKMSlibrary)

November 8, 2015

Seriously?

Are they stil f*****g recording the music??!?!?!?!?!?!

That's my question... Are these quotes from today, because they are recording today? Or is it just random quotes from any random time this summer?

Perhaps it's for The BFG

BFG trailer?

Surely that's due out around Christmas?

I hope so! It would be really cool if Williams premiered a theme in the trailer. There's a chance we might even have a trailer by the end of this month, and I'd be surprised if we don't have one before the end of this year.

Maybe JJ decided he wanted to try a completely new theme for every single new character, just because he could.

And now John has had to rewrite and rerecord every single cue in the film?

What if the Williams-scored BFG trailer premieres before The Force Awakens? I'll probably have a stroke.

Now that would be awesome.

I reckon one of the musicians wanted to clarify that his or her part was notated correctly. John may have written something unusual, and they're checking that it's what he intended and not a copying error or something. In his usual way, he assures that it's "right," although what he's written may not be "good."