Tree Song

Dr. Jones

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I say go for it. I have it a I like it alot. As for the pieces from Schindler's List, Shaham has a bit of a different interpretation of the theme than Pearlman has. Although I still like his interpretation, I still prefer the Itzhak version. It's a good cd to get in my opinion.

-Jason

One of my favorite concert works cd's... TreeSong is very beautiful, with is long melodies on the first and third movements.

The Violin Concerto is a little diferent from the original version, recorded by Slatkin on Varese (long out of print) -- but a very interesting work with shades from Williams favorite masters.

As for Three Pieces from Schindler's List, this one is my favorite recording... There's something on Shaham's playing that make's it special, at least for me.

So I guess this mean, on my humble opinion, that you should really get this one!

I really enjoy this CD, get it now! I didn't hesitate a second when I had the possibility of either buying this or the "Call of the Champions" CD :music:

I like the violin concerto very much, and it is really interesting to compare the new version with the original from 1978... in my opinion most of the change really work :)

-Chris