Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Unlucky Bastard

1 hour ago, PuhgreÞiviÞm said:

20200718_113907.jpg

That Kong doll looks a hell of a lot cooler than the one I got at Universal Studios when I was a child.

$_1.jpeg

Not sure I trust Playmates with consistent quality given... well...

Everyone Is Crying Looking At Playmates New Godzilla ToysThe new PlayMates figures have snuck into Walmarts... : GODZILLA

Damn, I'm gonna miss the NECA figures...

First picture of Godzilla and Kong fighting, as seen in last year's footage originally and now depicted on the back of Playmates' Godzilla Vs Kong toy packaging.

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting... I'd love to still see it in theaters if that's possible at that time. It's movies like this that I like seeing in the theaters. Loud sound and a huge screen. Perfect for a fun Godzilla movie.

COVID has really sped up the demise of the movie theater. I don't think they'll disappear right away, but especially if the trend continues of simultaneous releases in theaters and streaming...they're going to lose some people fast. Personally, I like paying for the experience of the sound and screen and what not, but...there are certain films I don't feel like I HAVE to see in theaters. Would be nice to stream then day 1 instead.

17 minutes ago, TSMefford said:

there are certain films I don't feel like I HAVE to see in theaters.

The herd has thinned significantly for me. Hollyweird just doesn't make much that interests me anymore. I was convinced that TROS would be the final film I'd see in a cinema until GvK would eventually roll around and that would probably be it for me. I did get dragged to the picture show a few times this year though (Dolittle, Jumanji 3, and Tenet), none were really all that worth the money spent on the "cinematic experience".

Not to mention how intolerably loud Tenet was! I came prepared with ear plugs, but even my friend complained about how loud it was, and she doesn't regularly whinge about that shit like I do.

2 hours ago, The Big Man said:

The herd has thinned significantly for me. Hollyweird just doesn't make much that interests me anymore. I was convinced that TROS would be the final film I'd see in a cinema until GvK would eventually roll around and that would probably be it for me. I did get dragged to the picture show a few times this year though (Dolittle, Jumanji 3, and Tenet), none were really all that worth the money spent on the "cinematic experience".

Not to mention how intolerably loud Tenet was! I came prepared with ear plugs, but even my friend complained about how loud it was, and she doesn't regularly whinge about that shit like I do.

It's not so much that for me. I used to be someone that had to see any film I was interested in when it was out in theaters, but I find that isn't always the case these days anymore.

So interest isn't necessarily the problem for me, content is. I'm glad that I saw films like , 1917, Endgame, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Spider-Man Into The Spider-Verse, the sequel Star Wars trilogy, Solo, etc all in theaters (just naming some off the top of my head). I feel like that's where you properly experience a film like that with big sound, big lush images, etc. There are a lot of smaller films though that I have almost more interest in, but I feel less and less like I have to see those in theaters while they're out. I could easily wait until streaming for those. There are several I still did see in theaters but it was more occasional as of late.

If I catch it on TV first, maybe there's a chance of someone making a fan edit first with a re-score. I'd watch that instead first. 

I'm not joking. I'd rather watch Godzilla vs Kong with temped in McCreary and Ifukube, than the actual Junk score. If I never hear it, it'll be too soon. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 9:16 PM, The Big Man said:

20200923_141432.jpg

Hmmmm.......

Will TOUCH OF EVIL be pulled because Charlton Heston appeared in ' brownface'?

😗

On 7/18/2020 at 11:17 AM, bruce marshall said:

Nice#