Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

Unlucky Bastard

It's better for your mental health to expect new music you want to hear to be digital/streaming only, then be pleasantly surprised if it gets a CD release you can buy, than it is to expect everything to still come out on CDs and be continually disappointed when they don't

I've never used instragram in my life so don't really know what that comments means, but I'm not trying to be a sourpuss, only a realist who is aware of the current state of the industry.  I don't like it, I'd love it if every film score got a CD release, but that is simply is not the world we live in any more.

🤦‍♂️

So will Godzilla vs Kong get a CD release? A simple "yes", "no" or "I don't know" will do.

You can spare us the pompous commentary on the state of the industry.

Oh, I interpreted your post as "No CD release? How annoying!" not "Does anybody know if this is going to get a CD release or not?" because of the way you worded it.

So that is why I replied to your post the way I did.

To answer the actual question you had (If I understand correctly): There does not appear to be a CD edition coming, since the WaterTower press release only mentioned a digital release.

I hope that clears things up.

12 hours ago, The Big Man said:

🤦‍♂️

So will Godzilla vs Kong get a CD release? A simple "yes", "no" or "I don't know" will do.

You can spare us the pompous commentary on the state of the industry.

A simple no for the simple reason I simply have no idea what you're talking about!

It's nauseating that fans on status update websites respond to these tracks with disproportionately overwhelming positivity compared to how they did for Desplat or McCreary, which amounted to not much more than "yeah nice".

On 3/12/2021 at 8:48 AM, Knight of Ren said:

Sounds like a tone deaf amateur with Junkie XL Brass tries to record Godzilla's theme by ear in one take, and is hitting all the wrong notes and meters. Then loses interest and accidentally keeps the backing loop playing. 

Generally, these RC numbskulls don't bother incorporating classic themes into their lazy scores, but this time, we have the dubious honor of being able to point to a direct comparison, and for future reference point to this dreck, as a class A example how this generation of composer wannabes has no sense for making a theme unique. 

It's almost surgical precision with which Junk castrated this theme into a dynamicless array of notes. 

What's with these fuckers' obsession for drums? Who gives a fuck? Drums, more drums, drum circles, drum orchestras, giant drums, synth drums - drums and horns, that's all these musically challenged fruitcakes can handle apparently. 

6 hours ago, The Big Man said:

It's nauseating that fans on status update websites respond to these tracks with disproportionately overwhelming positivity compared to how they did for Desplat or McCreary, which amounted to not much more than "yeah nice".

The only real attention McCreary's effort got online in casual spaces are the tracks that use pre-existing material. I guess there was a point to those "the MCU scores should have more continuity" critiques after all.

I personally find it more telling that of the two themes that got unveiled, the RCP fueled Godzilla got more upvotes than the considerably more traditional Kong in a poll WB posted on YT. If that doesn't tell you what modern tastes are, then I don't know what will.

9 hours ago, HunterTech said:

I personally find it more telling that of the two themes that got unveiled, the RCP fueled Godzilla got more upvotes than the considerably more traditional Kong in a poll WB posted on YT. If that doesn't tell you what modern tastes are, then I don't know what will.

Anyone who likes Junkie XL's and Hans Zimmers works for the DCEU will likely like that cue. But yes, that's...frustrating to say the least. I found it dull and powerless, personally. Both Desplat's theme and McCreary's interpretation are so much more superior. They're not even in the same ballpark. The continuity is annoying, but I do really like the music for both films so I give it a pass. I don't give this a pass though. 

I don't really give the MCU a pass either, because I can only remember most of the original themes that managed to stick around: Captain America and The Avengers Theme. I've heard that Iron Man has like three themes and I don't know any of them, so clearly none of them are good enough to stick with me. But I remember both Desplat's Godzilla Theme and of course the iconic theme from the original films. I've already forgotten the Junkie XL one as far as tones. I only remember blasting long notes.

I did catch a tiny spoiler for GvK on Reddit which would be interesting if it's true...

Spoiler

Supposedly Baby Godzilla shows up in a post-credit scene. Will this be WB/Legendary's answer to Grogu?

1 minute ago, The Big Man said:

Well the first GvK one reprised the spooky 2001 music, so...

I swear it's either really cool music or really cringey music.

18 minutes ago, Giftheck said:

No Ifukube themes in GvK according to this (warning that link will likely contain spoilers)

https://twitter.com/TohoKingdom/status/1373665710086361094?s=19

Not surprised by that in the slightest. 

It’s amazing, aside from 3 quick 2 second glimpses, they’ve managed to keep 

Spoiler

Mecha Godzilla completely hidden.

I mean, we’ve pretty much been able to piece the entire film together by all the footage they’ve shown.

I wonder if it was scrapped when they went back for the reshoots. 

Spoiler

All the toys have been released, there’s been no mention of that one whatsoever.

Also....

Spoiler

Also his spines look white, makes me wonder if he was under a meltdown or they managed to get that on him to give kong a fair chance.

6 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I wonder if it was scrapped when they went back for the reshoots. 

Hide contents

All the toys have been released, there’s been no mention of that one whatsoever.

Spoiler

When I first saw that doll leak, it looked as if he becomes critically injured in battle, and the humans splint him together to fight the Big Bad, a bit like The Dark Knight Rises. Doesn't seem like that's happening.