Godzilla Cinematic Universe Thread

8 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I belong to several King Kong groups on Facebook and Kong fanboys have started an online petition for a sequel where Kong must win.

I kid you not. 

In a way Kong and Godzilla are a bit equals in the movie if you consider that Kong is the one who kills the Mecha who has just defeated Godzilla

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pretty much the 2014 flick.  

Looks like a mecha

Can't wait for James Southall's five-star review.

3 hours ago, Ollie said:

I belong to several King Kong groups on Facebook and Kong fanboys have started an online petition for a sequel where Kong must win.

I kid you not. 

#BlackApesMatter

There was one bit in the GvK score that stuck out like dogs' balls, when Team-G enters the Mechagodzilla test chamber, to me it sounded like something from Harry Manfredini's score from Jason X, which is arguably his worst Friday the 13th score. Seriously? This is what's now regarded as acceptable in a mainstream blockbuster??

The Godzilla visual reference in Friday the 13th Part III isn't lost on me in this instance though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 8:41 AM, Ollie said:

Shin Godzilla was fantastic, I wouldn't mind a sequel. I know we'll never get one. 

Here's hoping Toho moves away from the traditional fare and takes a few more risks with Godzilla.

Technically there is a sequel in the works, it was meant to come out this year but is currently delayed indefinitely. Not that it matters that much because it will take a while to get translated anyway.

It’s Shin Ultraman, and has some of the same characters and actors of Shin Godzilla. Same production team behind it of course.

Wth is this off-brand Godzilla vs. King Kong about? Ape vs. Monster sounds like what would be printed on Chinese bootleg toy boxes

So, Godzilla vs Kong is... surprisingly not horrible. Actually, it's a pretty decent monster movie, with an okay main plot and characters and some well staged monster vs monster brawls.

It's probably the best movie of this franchise.

About Junkie's score, there's some cool electronic parts here and there and some 80s synths (I believe), but then he scores almost every scene like it was the most EPIC thing of all time, which makes the music very tiresome.