Jaws and Close Encounters

skyy38

Never saw them, and never cared.

Both movies depending on TWO themes that are widely quoted , but the rest of the "Soundtrack Mess" really doesn't make sense.

Anyone else who feels as I do, please chime in....

To be honest, the Collector's Edition CDs of both movies are not as beautifully arranged as the original OST releases. Maybe the OP should elaborate on his short and crude statement a little bit more.

Both movies depending on TWO themes that are widely quoted , but the rest of the "Soundtrack Mess" really doesn't make sense.

That's not entirely FALSE!

But it's not entirely TRUE either...

It's like a a shark tank filled with crocodiles.

Is that still a shark tank?

If the name doesn't fit the purpose,

Then shouldn't the purpose fit the name?

The same can be said about Republicans, Catholics and ostrich eggs.

Such things are not to be taken lightly.

:nod:

I can't deal with this before i had coffee!

Did you know that coffee and tea are not the same

thing?

A study has proven that coffee does not

contain the same ingredients as tea.

In fact, one could say they are very much

two different drinks.

A government conspiracy?

Possible.

Though unlikely.

This explains why Jaws.

I must say, that at first... when I started collecting JOhn Williams and starting to get interrested by his music... Well, I thinked absolutely the same as you.

Jaws and Close Encounters, are not scores with an easy approach like Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But with more and more listening (listen the original albums first, then the expanded ones), you'll find that Jaws is really The one, The first that started all for John Williams.

Particularly listen to these two very classical cues :

Then for Close Encounters... I still have difficulties with this one (the score and the movie)... This movie was a cultural event. And the score is not a typical score. "Atonal" by moments, that's not for all ears... but it shouldn't be juged only for his 5 notes disco theme. :D

Two scores to discover.

BTW, don't pass over the reissue of Close Encounters that will come out in few weeks, this is an event :-)

Never. Not even when I first watched both films as a 10-12 year old kid.

BTW in case you didn't know, you're becoming extremely unpopular here with your nonsensical, troll-like posts and the way you write them.

Just sayin'.

Like I said, maybe he never heard the OSTs.

I don't think I would have liked Star Wars if it wasn't for the OST on vinyl. Maybe the OP has a problem more with the presentation than with the music itself (but he doesn't realize it).

Saying Close Encounters depends on a single theme (and I'm assuming you mean the conversation theme) is like saying 2001: A Space Odyssey is about HAL. It's the part that everyone knows the best but it isn't in the score that much.

Troll sat alone on his seat of stone

And munched and mumble a bare old bone

For many a year he had gnawed it near,

For meat was hard to come by.

It'd be more interesting around here if everyone had similar opinions.

Oh absolutely! I would love Star Trek the most and you would be infatuated by The Lord of the Rings. Happy times for all!

But then we have all these people making these iconoclast comments of our sacred cow scores! Not fun! Aren't we all here to bask in the warm radiance of the sacrosanct music of John Williams?

I must say, that at first... when I started collecting JOhn Williams and starting to get interrested by his music... Well, I thinked absolutely the same as you.

Jaws and Close Encounters, are not scores with an easy approach like Star Wars or Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But with more and more listening (listen the original albums first, then the expanded ones), you'll find that Jaws is really The one, The first that started all for John Williams.

Particularly listen to these two very classical cues :

Then for Close Encounters... I still have difficulties with this one (the score and the movie)... This movie was a cultural event. And the score is not a typical score. "Atonal" by moments, that's not for all ears... but it shouldn't be juged only for his 5 notes disco theme. :D

Two scores to discover.

BTW, don't pass over the reissue of Close Encounters that will come out in few weeks, this is an event :-)

And while "Spielberg" likes to put himself as the person who "discovered" John Williams...

Another person realized John's talents BEFORE HIM, through THREE TV shows and TWO very huge Motion Pictures.

2 and 6 note motifs......aside..........

YES and that makes HIM (Irwin ALLEN) SO MUCH better than SPIELBERG whose music RAISED John WILLIAMS to WORLD fame.

Never. Not even when I first watched both films as a 10-12 year old kid.

BTW in case you didn't know, you're becoming extremely unpopular here with your nonsensical, troll-like posts and the way you write them.

Just sayin'.

OK Ricard, since you seem to be an "expert" or something like that, tell me this.

What do Close Encounters and Superman: The Movie have in common? (besides William's composing for both)

Answer me that, and we will move on to the "troll" part.

Yes!

JWFAN should be a place reserved for an Elite! Every person who wishes to join should pass a series of tests to evaluate their strength, their intelligence, their courage and their musical knowledge. Fail the test, and there will be consequences...

Yes!

JWFAN should be a place reserved for an Elite! Every person who wishes to join should pass a series of tests to evaluate their strength, their intelligence, their courage and their musical knowledge. Fail the test, and there will be consequences...

You're talking about JWfan Pro.