The Force Awakens final trailer MUSIC discussion

Balahkay

The previous teasers handled this much better, imho. Here it sounds more like generic trailer music with the occasional SW theme quote thrown in.

Ι completely agree!

I even doubt if Williams himself did it..

it doesn't sound like him..

Obviously he didn't do this final product, no. He could have done the new arrangement of Han&Leia and the Force Theme, though, before someone else took it and further altered-it and trailer-ized it.

Not at all to join the griping about the music in the trailer, I thought it was effective, but isn't it a little laughable that someone worked on the "second half" of a fucking trailer? Ye gods. Talk about composing by committee.

Obviously he didn't do this final product, no. He could have done the new arrangement of Han&Leia and the Force Theme, though, before someone else took it and further altered-it and trailer-ized it.

I think that's exactly what happened.

Not at all to join the griping about the music in the trailer, I thought it was effective, but isn't it a little laughable that someone worked on the "second half" of a fucking trailer? Ye gods. Talk about composing by committee.

Funny, coming from someone who defends RCP's "composing by committee" policy!

I think that's exactly what happened.

It's certainly possible.

Trailer music usually isn't about composing, it's essentially cutting and pasting.

Perhaps everything from 0:00-1:20 was previously done by JW for a prior trailer but unused, and this Lloyd guy beefed up some ideas for the parts from 1:20 onward with synths and stuff

Funny, coming from someone who defends RCP's "composing by committee" policy!

You need some new anti-TGP material. The RCP/Zimmer stuff has run dry….

Perhaps everything from 0:00-1:20 was previously done by JW for a prior trailer but unused, and this Lloyd guy beefed up some ideas for the parts from 1:20 onward with synths and stuff

The overamped piano came from JW? You really think that?

Easy - if the part up until 1:20 was already worked on by some other guy for a prior trailer (but wasn't used)

The one-key-at-a-time piano from 0:08-0:48? Hmm probably not, but isn't that right out of the last teaser?

I'm sorry, i just don't think anything from the trailer comes directly from Williams. Ive been listening to him for a few decades now and I don't hear it.

Wasn't it established that the piano notes were added by the additional composer? I don't remember his name, the same who added the drums and the trailer-y sounding music on top of Williams' music.

Not sure if this notion belongs here but, from the trailer, it looks like Williams was given a lot in which he could play around in musically, which is very exciting.

As for the music in the actual trailer, the use of Han and Leia's theme is fantastic, as has already been stated by most on here, haha.

The music may not be written by JW but it is still a pretty decent arrangement of existing themes. I actually really like the horns blasting out the Force theme and Luke's theme at the end was lovely. I'd like that cue to be released someday.

I admire this guy's enthusiasm, but it isn't new JW music. I also don't hear the Duel of the Fates reference he mentions http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/10/20/star_wars_the_force_awakens_trailer_premiered_new_john_williams_music.html

This is definitely not John Williams' music or arrangement, it's not his style.

Either way the music itself was good for the trailer, but I felt sorry for the horns. :lol: 4.2/5

The one-key-at-a-time piano from 0:08-0:48? Hmm probably not, but isn't that right out of the last teaser?

I'm sorry, i just don't think anything from the trailer comes directly from Williams. Ive been listening to him for a few decades now and I don't hear it.

For once, Stef might be right. This seems tailored by a trailer house or three.

The music may not be written by JW but it is still a pretty decent arrangement of existing themes. I actually really like the horns blasting out the Force theme and Luke's theme at the end was lovely. I'd like that cue to be released someday.

I admire this guy's enthusiasm, but it isn't new JW music. I also don't hear the Duel of the Fates reference he mentions http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/10/20/star_wars_the_force_awakens_trailer_premiered_new_john_williams_music.html

Well he also states that the trailer opens with a new theme. It doesn't. All of the initial piano and the beginning of the orchestra from 0:08 to 1:05 are chords from Han Solo and the Princess. It's kind of like how John Ottman used fragments of Can You Read My Mind before playing the full theme in Superman Returns.

I love it. It gives me chills.

Its Steef...STEEF!

Its Steef...STEEF!

You really should probably just add that to your signature.

The way the Cloud City motif is subtlety woven in when Boyega is on screen is a masterful way to hint at his parentage

This site really seems to attract a lot of those fans who have little clue of what they're talking about.