Supergirl CBS 2015

skyy38

What are you hoping for, music-wise?

Will this have a show-open proper or will it just be another "abbreviated" open, where the music is given

"short shrift?"

I've already given CBS "grief" over the fact that they did a "trailer" for this show, but they have NOT posted a "main theme".

Up to you, people....

So it this film in the snyderverse or the donnerverse?

The photo they show of superman seems to be from superman returns....but the olsen does not match any universe.

So this show is its own thing?

I thought it was in the same universe as the Flash and Arrow TV shows, which is completely separate from the current movie-universe (where they've already cast a different Flash, iirc)

And then Gotham is another separate TV-verse, not connected to Flash/Arrow/Girl or the movies.

Good Show, Supergirl!

However, my suspicions were correct about the opening music.

All it was, was a tripleted string figure leading into another "5 second kissoff".

Oh well.....Just gonna have to write my own theme.

Wow!

Been doing so much with this theme that I've come up with TWO versions.

One for the TV Show, and one for the Feature Film that might follow.

( TV Show that is NOT me)

Oh BTW, how many of you know that PLANET KRYPTON is just a clever variation of the "Close Encounters" Theme?

Listen again, for the first time.

Wow!

Been doing so much with this theme that I've come up with TWO versions.

One for the TV Show, and one for the Feature Film that might follow.

( TV Show that is NOT me)

Oh BTW, how many of you know that PLANET KRYPTON is just a clever variation of the "Close Encounters" Theme?

Listen again, for the first time.

Well as you said, they have two different Flash(es): one played by Ezra Miller in the films, and one played by Grant Gustin on TV. Also, in CBS' Supergirl, it looks like the Superman they talk about isn't Cavill's.

So, how could they merge both universes, taking that into account? It can't happen, unless they reboot the whole thing!

The Flash has already introduced the concept of multiple worlds (ie Earth 2, 3 etc) so if they ever do some big crossover, that will likely be how it happens. Greg Berlanti produces Supergirl along with Flash and Arrow, so it would seem almost inevitable that the three crossover at some point.

• 1 month later...

I'd say, just recycle Jerry's theme and be done with it!

You might find this hard to believe, but I'm composing a new SUPERGIRL theme that contains nothing of how many percentages of post-composer, recycled product.

Since Blake Neely is too busy, whoring himself out like Hans Zimmer, I figured, he was too tired and UN-inspired to come up with anything *new*.

Thankfully, back in the 90's, Jay Gruska, was above all of THIS!

• 2 years later...

I've been watching the Arrowverse TV shows lately and they're admittedly quite fun.

Some nice music in there too which I'd like to add to my collection, but it seems the amount of released stuff is completely overwhelming.

Does anyone have any clue of the highlight tracks by any chance?

How is it overwhelming?  There is one release per season of each show, and then one digital-only album of music from a crossover 2parter.

5 hours ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

I've been watching the Arrowverse TV shows lately and they're admittedly quite fun.

Some nice music in there too which I'd like to add to my collection, but it seems the amount of released stuff is completely overwhelming.

Does anyone have any clue of the highlight tracks by any chance?

I can't think of specific tracks off the top of my head, but if you want a bit of a taster for the main themes, I get a kick out of this suite:

I have worked out to this at the gym more than once!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

How is it overwhelming?  There is one release per season of each show, and then one digital-only album of music from a crossover 2parter.

Well, I was thinking a few tracks from each Series would be enough for me for now.

So I'd imagine a compilation that is around 1 CD in length or so.

The amount of music available exceeds that by far and my time is limited in the extreme.