Pre-Jaws OST albums: Make your top 10

Bespin

Heidi would have made mine too, but I didn't participate in the Top 10, as I don't know all the pre-Jaws material.

One thing is sure, Images would not have been there!

If I remember correctly Images was first time officially released in 2007. The earlier incarnations of the album were a pressing of promotional FYC LP which was never available commercially. Those other versions listed above are most likely bootlegs.

And it is a weird but wonderful score.

It's brilliant!

The Killing of Marcel is my favourite track.

Johnny should have experimented some more as he produced some cool unusual things when pushed to that direction.

Correct.

Williams arranged an album presentation of the score back in the day, but it was never released. It was only sent to academy members for them to possibly vote for it for Best Original Score of that year. It was a promotional LP, not a commercial LP.

All "releases" of it after then, before 2007, were illegal bootlegs.

In 2007, Prometheus released the first legal commercial version of the score.

Correct.

Williams arranged an album presentation of the score back in the day, but it was never released. It was only sent to academy members for them to possibly vote for it for Best Original Score of that year. It was a promotional LP, not a commercial LP.

All "releases" of it after then, before 2007, were illegal bootlegs.

In 2007, Prometheus released the first legal commercial version of the score.

Is it possible that one of the 1972 entry (Classic International Film or Hemdale Music) IS the promo LP? If it's the case I want to keep it.

A promo album is an officially made object, but with a restrained distribution. But it's "collectible" and generally of good quality.

That's probably legit!

So it seems to be our Promo LP. I corrected my post and I will adjust my website tonight, I will erase the other LP that was issued on Classic International Film, which appears to be a real bootleg pressed presumably from the promo LP.

The original IMAGES promo is the one with the white cover posted above. Anything with artwork beyond that is a bootleg.

Check. Website updated.

What you have is not the original album that was sent out to Academy members in 1972, Stempel (unless they made different versions), but it probably makes no difference. At least yours has a better cover! And it's the same music on it.