Sign in to follow this  
Bespin

Film Classics, Vol. 1 - Roy Budd & London SO (2014 reissue)

Any of you have heard about this 2014 album?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/film-classics-vol.-1/id874297330

cover170x170.jpeg

Film Classics, Vol. 1 - Roy Budd & London Symphony Orchestra

1 - "Indiana Jones - Raiders Of The Lost Ark" Suite

2 - "E.T." Suite

3 - "Superman" Suite: March Of The Villains - Can You Read My Mind (Love Theme) - Main Theme

4 - "Star Wars Trilogy" Suite: Main Theme - Princess Leia's Theme - Imperial March - Yoda's Theme - Han Solo and The Princess - Parade Of The Ewoks

This was one of the first JW compilations I bought. It was a cheap looking release from a discount bin of a local department store. I gave this disc to a friend years ago. If I remember correctly the Indiana Jones Suite actually features part of the Out of Fuel map montage music from ToD. Sadly the suites on the album are really that, long suites without the pieces separated as individual tracks.

If you click on the Amazon link I posted, and then click on the back cover art, you'll see there was a CD version released where each piece was in its own track (so there's 11 tracks instead of 4)

I like the SW Theme interpretation... just bought the album on iTunes!

Recently they played E.T. Suite from this album on WQXR (It's how I found it!).

Hey, is that an LSO recording of Williams' Han Solo and the Princess CONCERT ARRANGEMENT!?

I confirm, no Imperial incursion in it!

That recording has been released quite a few times over the years, under many different a title.

It's noteworthy for being one of only 3 known recordings of Han Solo And The Princess. And the only one by the LSO.

Cool, I only have a version by City of Prague

Oh, duh, of course I have that one too.

You forgot that?

I have some three or four different copies of that one, either bought by mistake or offered to me, and they all have just the four tracks. Really don't thing any of them had the cues split, though I'll check it later when I get back home... not that it bothers me they are that way, actually. And while I haven't listened to it in a long time, I do recall it to be a nice recording.

Yeah, I remember this album, although I never picked it up myself.

Roy Budd was a fine composer in his own right. Kinda weird to think that it's the same guy who did the brilliant cembalom/jazz music for GET CARTER -- one of my favourite films. Talented and versatile fellow!