Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

• 2 weeks later...

I think John Williams uses cruise control more than autopilot.

tumblr_lxyuzjk0uk1r50vbwo1_500.gif

Lucas should be grateful for the music that he got, considering the sh*t he handed over to Williams for scoring.

The poor guy was probably contemplating where his career was going once he saw the scenes with Jar Jar Binks and that annoying kid.

As they always do in book publishers, a loose trilogy (empire and rebellion) wich featured each of the big three in one novel is now ruined-inconsistent, two are part of the old ("legends" continuity) while the luke Skywalker - the one i was looking for the most - is part of true canon.

There is still hope that the novel, set mainly in an unexplored time of the EU, can still fit in the old EU (i mean...the guy was writing this book before the disney purchase, i think). So the damage will only be 'inconsistent' covers. I can live with that.

So, i am just 6 books shy of finishing my venture into the EU.

Good riddance, as i'm not wasting my money in more SW stories. Shame since now the EU will be more meaningful to the canon :( and probably will have more quality to it. But one has to let go, and this is the best excuse to do it.

More money to buy scores! YAY!

Luke hanging with Darth Maul!

Oh wow I never knew Serafinowicz dubbed the voice of Darth Maul for Episode I! :eek:

I loved his show Look Around You on BBC. Hilarious stuff.

Karol

He is a great impersonator and hilarious indeed.

As they always do in book publishers, a loose trilogy (empire and rebellion) wich featured each of the big three in one novel is now ruined-inconsistent, two are part of the old ("legends" continuity) while the luke Skywalker - the one i was looking for the most - is part of true canon.

There is still hope that the novel, set mainly in an unexplored time of the EU, can still fit in the old EU (i mean...the guy was writing this book before the disney purchase, i think). So the damage will only be 'inconsistent' covers. I can live with that.

So, i am just 6 books shy of finishing my venture into the EU.

Good riddance, as i'm not wasting my money in more SW stories. Shame since now the EU will be more meaningful to the canon :( and probably will have more quality to it. But one has to let go, and this is the best excuse to do it.

More money to buy scores! YAY!

My guess is that the new Luke book will fit nicely into the previous two Empire and Rebellion books. The story group probably pored over the novel to make sure it didn't reference any of the older EU stuff or contradict anything that may come up in Rebels or future movies.

I'm reading through all the EU in release order, and just broke through to 1995 (The Corellian Trilogy). I'm finding the whole thing to be a lot of fun - canon doesn't matter to me, probably because I'm used to comics companies and their flexible use of continuity/canon (frequent reboots, elseworlds stories, multiple universes, etc). I'm just into fun stories with the characters - the last few that I've read have used Leia and Jaina as POV characters, and I've liked that a lot - different perspectives and significantly less Luke-centric.

I'm very much hoping to see good deals on Kindle books on May 4th, so I can stock up.

I have a sizeableish EU collection (namely X-Wing, Zahn's books and Anderson's) but fell behind once the post-post ROTJ stuff came out. Don't know if it's worth the effort about now.

I have a sizeableish EU collection (namely X-Wing, Zahn's books and Anderson's) but fell behind once the post-post ROTJ stuff came out. Don't know if it's worth the effort about now.

I suppose not, better invest money on the new load of books they will create, that will be canon and wil fit all the series and films. (supposedly)

Somehow, i'm happy being able to stop buying SW books. I thought they would go on and on forever and didnt like the idea of stoping halfway...but now i have the best of excuses. And i dont have to buy new shelves because all books from the 'legends' continuity will fit in the same one I have now! yay....

Seems almost a shame about the EU, much of what I wrote for Star Wars in the past was inspired by the universe but hopefully the new books tieing in around the new film will be adequate enough.

And I've not brought a Star Wars book since I think Outbound Flight, that or Dark Lord and the ROTS novelisation (better than the film in a way)

J.J. Abrams will be having a big table read of the script tomorrow in London, and we should learn who's been cast by that time or soon thereafter. Oscar Issac (Robin Hood, Inside Llewyn Davis) is supposedly in line for a big role, as is the previously rumored Adam Driver and John Boyega. The new cast members will join returning Star Wars cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford (who has a big role in Episode VII).

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-rumors-oscar-isaac-adam-driver-john-boyega/

I stopped sometime during the New Jedi Order. I always hated the concept of the Yuuzhan Vong. And given that there are soooo many other interesting books to read, and so little time to do so, I discontinued with Star Wars novels (with a few exceptions - the Outbound Flight novels, essentially). I still buy books on the starships, planets and such, though.

Daisy Ridley looks like she could be Han and Leia's grown daughter... you can see a familial resemblance between her and Carrie Fisher. I wonder who Andy Serkis is playing... probably another mo-cap character or Bib Fortuna.

Hey, we got Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, and Max von Sydrow. I think that makes up for Adam Driver's casting.

Simple math!

What's wrong with him anyway?

Karol

So there are only two women in the future of the Star Wars universe.

You can't have more than two strong women in a movie, or you start losing credibility.

Sadly, it seems some people who do films like this feel this way.

Although looking at Abrams' Trek films... I shouldn't have any particular illusion where women in his films are concerned.

I have no idea who half of these people are (I only know Oscar Isaas, Andy Serkis (another CG character? ;)) and Max Von Sydow).

EDIT: Wow. Just found this. Check 0'43!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88cjgcyoX0

Her dismissive attitude toward John Williams is unconscionable, and I will not watch another Star Wars film while she remains in the cast.

Ok, now I'm excited about this. No more BS speculation and teasing, please.

I have no idea who half of these people are (I only know Oscar Isaas, Andy Serkis (another CG character? ;)) and Max Von Sydow).

EDIT: Wow. Just found this. Check 0'43!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i88cjgcyoX0

So Ludovico Einaudi is allowed, but John Williams is not?

disdain-275x300.jpg