Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

The specifics of the EU may no longer be canon, but the general concepts may be retained. And the EU kept stormtroopers around for decades as regional warlords, rogue admirals and dark Jedi, and resurrected emperors all vied for control of the Imperial remnants. Those trillions of credits' worth of materiel, including stormtrooper gear, would be hard to get rid of quickly. But after thirty years? Maybe these are just Ewok drums.

It looks great! And you can actually see it from another angle on this page, with some written up details about it. There is also another one that looks very much like the original concept snowtrooper:

http://indierevolver.com/2014/08/14/indie-revolver-exclusive-first-look-at-the-stormtroopers-from-star-wars-episode-vii/

Part of the success of the original Star Wars I believe was that you didn't know what to expect.

Now, by the time Stars Wars VII will be released, we will know every detail of a stormtrooper's helmet, shoe, glove and every other little detail of the movie, that really the effect it has on me is making me even more not wanting to see the film than wanting to see it!

Part of the success of the original Star Wars I believe was that you didn't know what to expect.

Now, by the time Stars Wars VII will be released, we will know every detail of a stormtrooper's helmet, shoe, glove and every other little detail of the movie, that really the effect it has on me is making me even more not wanting to see the film than wanting to see it!

As long as Episode VII can create a few new and interesting characters, a couple new locations, and a good overall story, then it can still be succesful despite it's familiarity. ESB contained the same elements as Star Wars, but it advanced the story while introducing new and exciting elements. It didn't need to be 100% brand spanking new to be good. It turned out better, in fact.

I know exactly what you mean. But some people literally feed off pre-release marketing drip feeds these days, like internet vampires. Photos of latex costumes and helmets are the life blood of these creatures.

I know exactly what you mean. But some people literally feed off pre-release marketing drip feeds these days, like internet vampires. Photos of latex costumes and helmets are the life blood of these creatures.

I feel nostalgia for the days that the only thing you had seen of an upcoming movie was a trailer at the cinema or on TV, and just a couple of production photos in a magazine..

This raised so much excitement for me!!

Fucksdake

Fuck's sake.

Time to go dark already? Jeez.

Well that is disappointing and reaffirms that I shouldn't expect too much from this film.

But bring it on John Williams!

The film MAY end up being entertaining but I'm sure Williams' score will be the best thing from it.

Well that is disappointing and reaffirms that I shouldn't expect too much from this film.

The film MAY end up being entertaining but I'm sure Williams' score will be the best thing from it.

Like every Star Wars movie that came before it.

Peter Bernstein and Kevin Kiner are rolling over in their graves.

We won't ever see the version with the temp track, so why should it matter?

Tracking... well, that's another matter entirely. Abrams didn't do it in STID but he didn't have a vast library of music to draw from either. I'm expecting some Prequel tracking, definitely, seeing as they're the newer recordings.

We won't ever see the version with the temp track, so why should it matter?

It will matter when Williams' score sounds like RCP/Giacchino.

That's about as likely to happen as Jar-Jar is to appear in this movie. Williams has his own style and it has largely stayed consistent within much of the Star Wars films.

Peter Bernstein and Kevin Kiner are rolling over in their graves.

:lol: Their graves??

Harrison Ford looking good on his feet again: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2723511/Star-Wars-resume-filming-later-month-Harrison-Ford-injury-hiatus.html

Hopefully this means we're not gonna be getting lots of shots of the back of his body double in most scenes after all.