Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Told you he didn't really die!

Max von Sydow? Yeah he is still alive. Must be at least 100 by now!

von Sydow will probably be some Republic authority figure, president, general or some such dispensing fatherly advise or stern justice.

He'll be heading up the New Republic Precrime unit. They use Jedi for Precogs now.

von Sydow will probably be some Republic authority figure, president, general or some such dispensing fatherly advise or stern justice.

He'll be heading up the New Republic Precrime unit. They use Jedi for Precogs now.

Can we expect the Jedi Counsel to include Tom Cruise?

You can't run Han!

You can run but you can't Han!

Have you ever read Eats, Shoots, and Leaves? The chapter on commas is important, and judging from your sentence there, you know your comma placement (in this case, no commas needed).

It could've easily read like this:

You can run, but you can't, Han!

You can run but you can't Han!

Have you ever read Eats, Shoots, and Leaves? The chapter on commas is important, and judging from your sentence there, you know your comma placement (in this case, no commas needed).

It could've easily read like this:

You can run, but you can't, Han!

I gotta Han it to you, that's some fancy analynguistcs.

Well tom cruise using Force-speed, that would be new...

It would be a contractual obligation for him in any SW film.

Either that or riding a 74-Z speeder bike motorcycle.

The forever optimistic Star Wars fan in me loves that this trailer has become sort of a cultural phenomenon of its own, inspiring some really great art, adaptations, and discussion.

Working as a teacher in a school, it's great hearing the kids talk about the trailer and their (sometimes far fetched) theories. They even love Star Wars Rebels!

So do I. I'm just waiting for them to introduce Luke, Han, and Leia in some way in the series.

It's really a great show, and so far seems like a much more consistent show than Clone Wars was.

Yes! For once, a Star Wars animated series in which the characters' faces don't look like Graeco-Roman bass reliefs.

The thing that drives me crazy is...high-framerate stuff can actually look great. Great examples (both from the world of theme parks) would be Soarin' Over California or the original Star Tours. Both were shot and projected at 48fps without losing that filmic look. I don't know why so many of the more recent examples look so awful...

HFR is the future! All your movies will now look like my daytime soaps.

No!

Not perfectly even lighting on all sides!

Not sub par acting and well-worn story lines!

Not isolated, clunky music cues!

darth-vader-nooooo.jpg

It's probably already mentioned here but the teaser looks to Earthy. What a nightmare it would be for Star Wars fans if they discover Earth from the '40s and that we get a Mickey Spillane crime episode (a la Star Trek).My god, what a nightmare!

Alex

Nope. The only RLM I've watched is the Plinkett reviews, and you never get a look at any of them in those. And, in this case, it worked out for the best. Knowing would've spoiled the joke.

My favorite part was when, even as a "fanboy," he slumped down in disappointment as soon as he saw the new Sithsaber. Too funny.

I actually watched that a few days ago and moved on to something else before the trailer part was over, thinking his reaction was lame. Had no idea who he was either, and didn't know it was a fake reaction vid. I've only heard of RLM from that one Honest Trailer for Dark Knight Rises.

I have no idea what RLM is or who that guy is.

You're kidding. You've never watched the Plinkett reviews of the prequels? I thought you were in on those conversations we had (way back when). His take on those movies is brilliant, and I'd figure you for one who'd like his humor.