Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I'd say that every Star Wars film has its own look but they all look like Star Wars.

The prequels look like TV episodes glued together.

Stop trolling, get out of this thread and stop your shitposting!!! You are extremely annoying. How can you get enjoyment out of of pooping into one of the most exciting threads on jwfan in the last 10 years!

Trailer looked fantastic! Art direction, music, acting and scenery are amazing!!

Dat John Williams music!

Is fantastic!

That's because it was written 30 years ago.

Fucking braindead troll posts... gkgyver you suck

I would appreciate if you kept your retorts civil even though you burn with undying hatred right now. Georg is entitled to his opinion although he often shares it with a tad too much glee and bluntness. You don't have to get all hot and bothered about it even though you love Star Wars to death.

Yeah sure, supress the fans and support the trolls in the Star Wars VII thread. What did you expect? That i as a Starwars fan would ignore the trashtalk? I expected better from you Incanus! Why don't you defend my honest and direct reply?

Stupid me for defending an exciting Star Wars thread in a very exciting time against the constant bullshit posting of prequels, post 2000 JW and post 2000 film haters. How did some people here became so bitter to trashtalk everything.

And you perfectly understand what gkgyver did there and defend him anyways! And i refuse to sweettalk or ignore gkgyvers contributions. Better to give a honest and harsh response now and then than to ignore all the countless bitching!

Yeah sure, supress the fans and support the trolls in the Star Wars VII thread. What did you expect? That i as a Starwars fan would ignore the trashtalk? I expected better from you Incanus! Why don't you defend my honest and direct reply?

Stupid me for defending an exciting Star Wars thread in a very exciting time against the constant bullshit posting of prequels, post 2000 JW and post 2000 film haters. How did some people here became so bitter to trashtalk everything.

And you perfectly understand what gkgyver did there and defend him anyways! And i refuse to sweettalk or ignore gkgyvers contributions. Better to give a honest and harsh response now and then than to ignore all the countless bitching!

Rule #1: - Personal attacks will not be allowed. Please be RESPECTFUL of one another, allow for differences in opinions, and please don't make anyone feel that they cannot post their views in this forum.

Still i don't get the defence of trolls and shitposting. How does that help the board?

Trolling is pretty much the same than direct personal attacks. Just more hidden and directed on a topic/interests people like leading to a similar emotional response as if someone directly attacks you.

So in that sense it's the same for me. With these constant posts perfectly timed with the release of the trailer gkgyver wanted to provoke in quite a nasty way. Why is that ok?

Still i don't get the defence of trolls and shitposting. How does that help the board?

Trolling is pretty much the same than direct personal attacks. Just more hidden and directed on a topic/interests people like leading to a similar emotional response as if someone directly attacks you.

So in that sense it's the same for me. With these constant posts perfectly timed with the release of the trailer gkgyver wanted to provoke in quite a nasty way. Why is that ok?

I guess it's because what he actually said is much less outrageous than what you make out of it and it's still A DISCUSSION BOARD. You have no right, as hasn't anyone else here, to expect a thread only serving your whims. As long as the rules are what they are, that is.

I completely understand your point of view and sympathize with it and I am not defending this kind of behaviour. Snide remarks on a forum such as this are an everyday occurrence. Some just want to get a rise and possibly interesting discussion/argument going and some do it because it is fun to poke at something you don't particularly like or care for. You have to learn to filter this stuff and ignore it if you can.

What i don't understand is why unreflected and often not very insightful cheering is never singled out for doing the same harm. It's just the other side of the coin.

Gyver is a nasty piece of work, as are most right wing, Nazi sympathing, vegetarian, homophobics.

I can't for the live of my imagine why he's being allowed to remain in our midst.

Stefan, please refrain from personal insults, please. Stirring up trouble in our sandbox is your favourite past time as the hero of the down trodden dictatorially led MB but could you possibly abide by the rules.

What i don't understand is why unreflected and often not very insightful cheering is never singled out for doing the same harm. It's just the other side of the coin.

Let other people express their joy and enjoyment without such critical attitude even if you cannot do it yourself without feeling somehow doing injustice to the standards of the conversation. And please if you want insightful conversation you are always free to start it yourself and try to keep it going.

I have broken no rules. Just a brief character observation based upon my judgement of his posts here over the years.

The fact that you give me a warning rather then him is a pretty damning indictment on your behalf though.

Bad, amoral and cynical behavior is allowed as long as the all sacred rules aren't breached.

That answer is a cop-out. And not even addressing the question.

Yet you would choose the other side of the coin as an alternative to posting something positive? Do you thrive on conflicts and criticism? Is a conversation where there are no two opposing sides not worth having?

Yet you would choose the other side of the coin as an alternative to posting something positive? Do you thrive on conflicts and criticism? Is a conversation where there are no two opposing sides not worth having?

Read what i wrote. You concoct your very own semantic meaning of 'positive' that lies very much in the eye of the beholder and i think it leads to a rather simplistic line of moderation - when on the other hand you remain suspiciously vague of how that post in question SF1 went ballistic about was a TROLL!! post in the outrageous sense of the word. I just don't see it.

I am the last one to bond with Guyver and have done enough ranting with him to prove it but for me, SF1's post in this very case seems much more conspicuous and pot-stirring.

Read what i wrote. You concoct your very own semantic meaning of 'positive' that lies very much in the eye of the beholder and i think it leads to a rather simplistic line of moderation - when on the other hand you remain suspiciously vague of how that post in question SF1 went ballistic about was a TROLL!! post in the outrageous sense of the word. I just don't see it.

I am the last one to bond with Guyver and have done enough ranting with him to prove it but for me, SF1's post in this very case seems much more conspicuous and pot-stirring.

Well I read your post too fast while at work and did a hasty interpretation. Apologies. And yes the quick angry reaction whether from someone who has a positive view on the matter at hand or a negative one is equally bad. And quick accusations of trolling and other kinds of outbursts when someone is making a quite harmless comment (even at the standards of this MB) is not any better than someone winding people up just for their own amusement.

gkgyver wanted to provoke in quite a nasty way. Why is that ok?

gkgyver's sad objective was to get a rise out of someone and you walked into it with open arms. That's all that happened.

I completely understand your point of view and sympathize with it and I am not defending this kind of behaviour. Snide remarks on a forum such as this are an everyday occurrence. Some just want to get a rise and possibly interesting discussion/argument going and some do it because it is fun to poke at something you don't particularly like or care for. You have to learn to filter this stuff and ignore it if you can.

Thanks for your understanding. I know that i should just ignore trollposts and believe me i usually do... just sometimes it gets too much. Sometimes you have to face and respond to a troll (even if that's what the troll wanted to provoke).

Well back to TFA. I really like the color timing of the trailer. I hope that this is pretty much final. It's vibrant and realistic but not too overbearing. Only the troop shot on the snow planet looks a bit iffy but that may be wip CGI.

And the white winged TIEs have style.

gkgyver's sad objective was to get a rise out of someone and you walked into it with open arms. That's all that happened.

Yeah well, someone kinda had to face the troll

The fact that you give me a warning rather then him is a pretty damning indictment on your behalf though.

In all fairness, why? How? It's not against the rules to make a snide remark about a film. You, on the other hand, was personally insulting gkg. So was SF1.

I may not be a fan of the gyver posts, but the real damage was done on the other side.

Yeah well, someone kinda had to face the troll

No, you didn't. This thread is probably the most positive thread JWFan has had in a while, and we all chose to ignore gyver's cynicism and continue discussion anyway. You can do the same. You're just feeding the flames.

I agree with KK. It's better to ignore troll posts than to respond with vitriol. Always.

That depends.

So anyways. The trailer. I like mostly everything. I don't mind the zoom in. It looks like they're going to reveal Luke in an analogous way to Ben. I don't know how I feel about that. The Han shot looks weird, but not because he's old... it seems oddly staged.

Abrams did make some veiled jabs at the over reliance on CGI by talking up the value of practical effects.

Good!

Yet Luke, instead of having a 'flesh' right hand is going to have a CGI anakin-like one?

More expressive than Hammil's real hand?

It's unneccessary CGI ussage...

So, the narration is dialogue taken from 1983, that explains why they didnt hire the original Luke's dubber here, probably the spanish lines from the film could not be edited propperly. Good!

About the snowtroopers, i think there is a macquarrie design like that.

Resistance and First Order?! WTF??

Unless it is a small new war in a region of the galaxy inside the bigger new republic or galactic alliance or in the unkown regions...it's stupid.

Did the rebellion rise and fell again? Do we have to read 30 years history in novels? I thought the reboot was because of that... that normal people would not know (and do not want) to read countless of books to understand the movies....