Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

They never got married. Her commitment to the throne drove them apart. They're leading separate lives, Han lost the Falcon gambling and the owner crashed it on Jaaku. Finn and Rey find it and escape the planet. Traversing the galaxy they come across Han and Chewie and eventually their adventure leads them to the Queen. They bicker, talk about the past, before too long they're making googly eyes. The last scene is their wedding with Chewbacca presiding.

After the Empire fell Han has been relegated to an office holding bureaucrate desk jockey with no adventures. He lost the Millenium Falcon when he pawned it to get the republic credits for the down payment for the first home for him and Leia (Chewie sleeps on the porch). After a marriage of 30 years and the same amount of daily drudgery of politics, endless diplomatic stalemates, bureaucracy and dull paper work, Han has become a bored old New Republic official who dreams of getting off Coruscant for one last adventure among the stars. He tracks down his beloved ship and takes off with Chewie for a spin and ends up staying for more than the usual "boys' weekend out" when he gets tangled in whatever the main characters of the new movie are doing. Leia is frantic and sends Luke to find them since Luke has been on enough of Han's booze addled gallivanting escapades before and might know his usual haunts around the galaxy. Hilarity ensues but they also find this First Order when stopping to find some relieve for midnight munchies at their secret base by mistake.

This could be renamed "Dude where's my Falcon?" or "The Force Awakens with a Hangover Part I".

Jean Luc Picard > everyone else!

You can't argue with that!

Jean Luc Picard > everyone else!

You can't argue with that!
Of course you can.

I can't!

Not a blue screen in sight (unless of course this is after processing).

I think all of those are on location.

They are.

What a radically new way to shoot movies! On location without blue screen! That is brilliant!

Blech, more desert?

Star Wars isn't about deserts.

Yeah it is about war!

Those pics aren't technically new but I dig them.

Ditto.

It's a low tech landing platform I tell you! Erase nothing!

There was a concept art of a downed AT-AT being some sort of refuge for that character.

From the pic above it appears to be just that, a fallen AT-AT. It looks like Rey is standing on one of its legs!