Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Found the thread:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=23127

Why do certain people keep referring to the Indiana Jones theatrical film series as "the franchise"?confused.gif The misuse of this term has been noticeable since c.2007 and grown at an exponential rate ever since. Not only is the definition wrong, it's pretentious.

Franchise is all about rights, permission and privilege. The 'franchise to vote' is a right to vote. Sports team franchises pay money to be allowed entry into their respective leagues. The James Bond film franchise has the license to use Ian Fleming's character and stories. Don't get me started with McDonald's and other fast food chains...

The "Indy franchise" is NOT THE MOVIES (nor the TV show). The Bantam books are a franchise. The Marvel & Dark Horse comics are a franchise. The Mattel & Hasbro toys are a franchise, etc. because the character & branding were licensed by those 2nd party entities. This is not the case with the films. LUCASFILM OWNS INDIANA JONES (even if Disney now owns Lucasfilm) and do not need anyone's authorization to use the property. This is the distinction that many people fail to recognize when describing the 'Indy film series' as a franchise.

Bunch of pedants over there

Wait, I read somewhere on the web that Finn could be...

The son of Leia and Lando???

:conf:

I've been closely following the rumors of the movie and that sounds like complete horseshit to me. Besides, why would they make one of the few black characters in Star Wars related?

The concept of spoiler consideration in this thread seems like a bit of an oxymoron by now. What few secrets and unknowns are left are bound to be harvested and debated here long before anyone has actually seen what is now more of an assignment for you people than a theatrical treat.

So this is the only new footage in the commercial?

NEs2k1Oy7CkQvw_1_b.jpg

starwarskorea.jpg

I like how these look like photographs of something rather than some fake looking, over stylised crowd shot from the prequels.

It reminds me of something out of the old Soviet Union. The entire picture actually feels cold. You can relate to it very easily. The prequels in many instances were beautiful to look at but they didn't have spark a feeling that could easily be related to. IMHO

Wow, loving the heavy North Korean influence in that shot. And the composition, the light... it's as if they shot on location in Pyongyang! And it all looks 100% natural.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/a-closer-look-at-the-parade-grounds-shot-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

There is a link for closeups of the new Star Wars shot. I was reminded by the Soviet Union because of all the weaponry in the shot. North Korea might be a better example though.

starwarskorea.jpg

The bad guys outfits of the original trilogy where inspired by Nazis... this one seems to be a little Mao-esque!

I thought the costume design of the Imperial officers in the OT was inspired by the Imperial Japanese uniforms of the Second World War.

Hmm, okay. Not even a little teaser poster? So, we'll probably see the trailer in late September or some time in October. November seems rather late. It seems obvious that we won't hear any music (aside from trailer music) until the soundtrack the released.

Yeah, November would be too late. I think we can probably assume that it'll be around the release of one of the next IMAX movies. Either Everest (9/18), The Walk (9/30) or Crimson Peak (10/16)

That walker looks... funny.

Landers are no longer three-winged craft it seems. They look more like flying submarines.

Seems the only mainstay vehicle design is the TIE Fighter.