Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Big Star Wars Event occured yesterday in Galeries Lafayette, Paris!

No one noticed the percussive intro to CantiNa Band? Is it from the original recording?

His lens flares have never ever bothered me. I'm cautious of Abrams as a director and storyteller for other more serious reasons, but everyone on the internet just bangs on about the superficial stuff all the time.

I laugh at some of the people who praise him as a "visionary director".

He's never directed any movie that isnt a sequel, or homage to some existing franchise.

But he's technically proficient, generally casts well, gets good performances from that cast and values film music.

Aside from David Lynch, hes probably the best casting director working today.

As to the rest of his "talents", um, well...

Star Wars: The Foot Long

:music: 5, 5 dollar footloooong, 5, 5 dollar footloooong :music:

The same concept was studied for the poster of Finn, but Disney censored the poster.

I think that's the poster for the X rated parody, Star Whores: The Forced Awakening.

This guy has seen the film - https://www.facebook.com/daniel.fleetwood

Daniel Fleetwood, Terminal Cancer Patient, Gets Early ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Screening After Internet Campaign https://www.yahoo.com/movies/daniel-fleetwood-terminal-cancer-patient-gets-220240212.html

His wife wrote this: "To all our wonderful supporters, friends, family and awesome strangers:Daniels final dream was just granted!!! Today the wonderful Disney and Lucasfilms made his final dream come true, in the amazing typical Disney way, they really do make dreams come true! Daniel just finished watching an unedited version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!! We would like to thank the awesomely talented JJ Abrams for calling us yesterday to tell us Danjel was getting his wish granted! We also would like to thank Lynne, Ben and Anahuac for coming to our home and screening the movie for Daniel. Lastly I want to thank ALL the amazing people who helped make this happen, thank you beyond words!!! May the force be with you all

Smiley smile ‪#‎forcefordaniel‬ !!!!"

Someone should ask him if he could share a word or two about the score :P

This guy has seen the film - https://www.facebook.com/daniel.fleetwood

Daniel Fleetwood, Terminal Cancer Patient, Gets Early ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Screening After Internet Campaign https://www.yahoo.com/movies/daniel-fleetwood-terminal-cancer-patient-gets-220240212.html

His wife wrote this: "To all our wonderful supporters, friends, family and awesome strangers:Daniels final dream was just granted!!! Today the wonderful Disney and Lucasfilms made his final dream come true, in the amazing typical Disney way, they really do make dreams come true! Daniel just finished watching an unedited version of Star Wars: The Force Awakens!!! We would like to thank the awesomely talented JJ Abrams for calling us yesterday to tell us Danjel was getting his wish granted! We also would like to thank Lynne, Ben and Anahuac for coming to our home and screening the movie for Daniel. Lastly I want to thank ALL the amazing people who helped make this happen, thank you beyond words!!! May the force be with you all

Smiley smile ‪#‎forcefordaniel‬ !!!!"

Someone should ask him if he could share a word or two about the score :P

Can you imagine the kind of documentation they would have been made to sign, they won't be able to say anything I imagine.

00:22 : classic OT shot!

I'm still really enjoying the look of this movie. It doesn't seem over-stylized either in a modern way or as a try-hard nostalgic throwback. We'll see about the storytelling but visually it's convincing me as just another Star Wars adventure. The funny thing about these trailers is that while they're obviously designed to be all hype, I'm not really getting the sense from the actual footage that this movie is going out of its way to impress. Something confident about it....a lot of shots that last a few or even several seconds rather than a few frames, camera's not too hyper, lots of nice casually intimate medium shots and wider framing, quietly expressive landscape stuff on Jakku.

I dunno, man, I hope it's not a bad sign but the little looks at this flick keep winning me over. I'm not seeing him as a virtuoso but maybe Abrams caught this movie at the right time and he's hitting his stride as a self-assured workman.

Or maybe it fucking sucks!

I bet this is fake because the film isn;t finished yet

This was in the news and Lucasfilm specifically said it happened with an unfinished cut.

There was something weird going on because when I opened the thread as normal this time I was dumped midway through it to a random page from 2014. In mobile view it took me ages to navigate back to the most recent unread post.

There was something weird going on because when I open the thread as normal this time I was dumped midway through it to a random page from 2014. In mobile view it took me ages to navigate back to the most recent unread post.

I was just about to complain about the same issue.

There was something weird going on because when I open the thread as normal this time I was dumped midway through it to a random page from 2014. In mobile view it took me ages to navigate back to the most recent unread post.

It took me back to the beginning of the thread!

I was just about to complain about the same issue.

I'm sure it had to do with the merging of josefsuma's post. Is it still happening?

One thing that really annoys me about the spaceship shots (almost none of which are seen in space, just an observation) is that it looks like the fake camera is being shaken around for no apparent reason in almost every one of them. I prefer when they did this shit with cameras and miniatures and they couldn't shake them around.