Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

1 hour ago, Drax said:

She was never that close with that big, walking carpet anyway.

She dissed him during the medal ceremony in the first film, also. She gave everyone a medal for destroying the Death Star except Chewie.

Leia is a Chewie-bigot! A Wookie-phobe!

I'm sure Chewie and Leia would have had their moment off-screen. Just from a dramatic standpoint, it makes a lot more sense to see that hug happen on screen with the primary character Rey rather than the secondary Chewie.

18 minutes ago, KK. said:

I'm sure Chewie and Leia would have had their moment off-screen. Just from a dramatic standpoint, it makes a lot more sense to see that hug happen on screen with the primary character Rey rather than the secondary Chewie.

Whether a character is primary or secondary doesn't really matter regarding the emotional authenticity of the scene. The decades-long history between Leia and Chewie would logically lead to them embracing and seeking solace together over a shared emotional trauma. Not for Leia to run up and hug someone she'd never even met instead.

But in context, does that really make sense? We just came off of a big climax led primarily by our protagonist Rey, and you'd finish that off with a Chewie hug? The audience is there to see where Rey is going. Yes, they're two characters that haven't met, but I understand why that was done.

And that's all besides the point anyway. The SW fanboys are clearly running out of things to talk about if this is what's being considered a criticism these days...

A preview of the blu-ray documentary about Maz.  Also, some more unreleased Williams music (alternates only though).  Sounds like an alternate of Torn Apart with a trombone (?) solo.

http://movieweb.com/star-wars-force-awakens-blu-ray-preview-maz-kanata/

Just now, crumbs said:

I need to get a job at Disney Home Entertainment! All that delicious unreleased music right at your fingertips...

It sure would be nice to have the power to "accidentally" leak all that unreleased music out on to the interwebs. 

6 hours ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

It sure would be nice to have the power to "accidentally" leak all that unreleased music out on to the interwebs. 

I'm sure Disney's small team of lawyers would never suspect a thing!

Perhaps some crafty game designer would be daring enough to include all the music in the application files for the upcoming Lego game... in a folder discretely labeled, "NEW FOLDER."

5 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm sure Disney's small team of lawyers would never suspect a thing!

Perhaps some crafty game designer would be daring enough to include all the music in the application files for the upcoming Lego game... in a folder discretely labeled, "NEW FOLDER."

Or perhaps more fittingly A NEW HOPE. ;)

There was a rumor that Meth Damon would be in the new SW movies? First time I am hearing of it.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Hey what happened to Meth Damon being in the new Star Wars trilogy? Was that only ever just a rumour? 

48 minutes ago, Incanus said:

There was a rumor that Matt Damon would be in the new SW movies? First time I am hearing of it.

http://www.thewrap.com/breaking-bads-jesse-plemons-considered-lead-star-wars-episode-vii-exclusive/

28 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Ah hehehe. I had no idea who Meth Damon from Breaking Bad was. :lol:

I must be one of the few who never got around to watching that series.

So, it looks like the blu-ray has ended up online.  A very cheap friend of mine managed to find it and showed it to me.  I clicked to the end credits and was very troubled by what I found.  The credits are much longer now, and so the credits rendition of Rey's theme (the best part of the score, imo) has now been replaced with the concert suite of her theme, followed by "Scherzo for X-Wings" sped up so that the pitch sounds slightly off, followed by Kylo Ren's credits material and then everything is the same from that point.  My guess is that there were more things to credit on the blu-ray release and so they are a few minutes longer, but it's extremely disappointing that the amazing rendition of Rey's theme that opens the credits has been cut.

10 minutes ago, Taikomochi said:

So, it looks like the blu-ray has ended up online.  A very cheap friend of mine managed to find it and showed it to me.  I clicked to the end credits and was very troubled by what I found.  The credits are much longer now, and so the credits rendition of Rey's theme (the best part of the score, imo) has now been replaced with the concert suite of her theme, followed by "Scherzo for X-Wings" sped up so that the pitch sounds slightly off, followed by Kylo Ren's credits material and then everything is the same from that point.  My guess is that there were more things to credit on the blu-ray release and so they are a few minutes longer, but it's extremely disappointing that the amazing rendition of Rey's theme that opens the credits has been cut.

Really?  That's a huge disappointment.