Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

apparently a surviving citizen of Alderaan will in a fit of rage using red matter destroy dagobah before Luke can begin his training and setting off an alternative Star Wars where Luke is unaware of family relationship to Leia, who he marries after Solo is killed by Jabba after being captured by bounty hunters,. Luke and Leia begat powerful Jedi offspring identical twins. The force is very strong in these children, But they are very evil. In the canon reality Han and Leia discover ripples in time using the force and they along with Luke journey with their Jedi trained children into the rift to restore the timeline. There they battle the twins at Mos Eisley spaceport as well as their younger selves and their greatest enemy of all Darth Vader.

Latin Mufasa is better, bitches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRwHWA_a-Q

Do they use any specific accent in the dubs for America?

I still prefer Constantino Romero as Mufasa.

I remember seeing Star Wars after seeing the dub as a kid was a tad disillusioning. And it seriously took me a while to accept Terminator's actual voice.

There's the anecdote where Eastwood said Romero did it better than him but honestly I really like Eastwood's actual voice in that case.

Ugh ... dubbing!

Kids aren't goinna see these films in English over here. Plus I need my Rafiki with the Cuban accent :lol: For some reason, I also like seeing it in Egyptian Arabic and Finnish even though I don't understand a thing. The Zulu version is a fun curiosity but the language itself gets on my nerves after a while.

The dubs of Disney and Pixar films over here tend to be very good, the ones for 90's Disney film are *top-notch*. I find Aladdin twice the fun in the European Spanish version.

Another dub that excels is the Spanish original team for The Simpsons (they changed it over the years) and also the Futurama dub. Matt Groening himself said so.

Otherwise I hate dubs, but I have these exceptions.

PS: this tends to cause flamewars on both sides of the pond on the Internet because Latin Americans find the accent in our dubs weird. Specially if you bring up the Simpsons.

In England?? Fox Studios Australia needs the work!

Unless the U.S. dollar weakens significantly (like it did in 2008-2009), they're not going to base production in Australia. A big reason why Peter Pan, Superman Returns, the Matrix films and Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader were filmed in Australia is because of the weaker USD and the stronger AUD. It enabled them to get significant cost savings and get more 'bang' for their buck. They wouldn't be able to get a similar 'discount' for Star Wars: Episode VII because both USD and AUD are roughly equivalent value now.

Not to mention there are plenty of UK companies that do CGI work, and film productions get a discount in the UK if they base most of the post-production work there (CGI, sound-mixing, music recording).

In England?? Fox Studios Australia needs the work!

Unless the U.S. dollar weakens significantly (like it did in 2008-2009), they're not going to base production in Australia. A big reason why Peter Pan, Superman Returns, the Matrix films and Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader were filmed in Australia is because of the weaker USD and the stronger AUD. It enabled them to get significant cost savings and get more 'bang' for their buck. They wouldn't be able to get a similar 'discount' for Star Wars: Episode VII because both USD and AUD are roughly equivalent value now.

Not to mention there are plenty of UK companies that do CGI work, and film productions get a discount in the UK if they base most of the post-production work there (CGI, sound-mixing, music recording).

Also, they wanted a city that looked familiar and yet unfamiliar to the audience.

I really hope ILM does Star Wars on its own, like always.

Disney cant be that stupid as changing that, but who knows, they didt hire ILM for Iron man 3....

Latin Mufasa is better, bitches!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRwHWA_a-Q

Do they use any specific accent in the dubs for America?

I still prefer Constantino Romero as Mufasa.

I remember seeing Star Wars after seeing the dub as a kid was a tad disillusioning. And it seriously took me a while to accept Terminator's actual voice.

There's the anecdote where Eastwood said Romero did it better than him but honestly I really like Eastwood's actual voice in that case.

Ugh ... dubbing!

Kids aren't goinna see these films in English over here. Plus I need my Rafiki with the Cuban accent :lol: For some reason, I also like seeing it in Egyptian Arabic and Finnish even though I don't understand a thing. The Zulu version is a fun curiosity but the language itself gets on my nerves after a while.

The dubs of Disney and Pixar films over here tend to be very good, the ones for 90's Disney film are *top-notch*. I find Aladdin twice the fun in the European Spanish version.

Another dub that excels is the Spanish original team for The Simpsons (they changed it over the years) and also the Futurama dub. Matt Groening himself said so.

Otherwise I hate dubs, but I have these exceptions.

PS: this tends to cause flamewars on both sides of the pond on the Internet because Latin Americans find the accent in our dubs weird. Specially if you bring up the Simpsons.

I think Lucasfilm also complimented on our vader's voice.

I really hope ILM does Star Wars on its own, like always.

Disney cant be that stupid as changing that, but who knows, they didt hire ILM for Iron man 3....

That wasn't a conscious decision on Disney's, it was Marvel's. You also have to take in effect that ILM was committed to working on Pacific Rim and Star Trek: Into Darkness by the time Iron Man 3 started filming in late summer 2012. There's only so many projects a big CGI company can afford to take on at the same time. That's why Weta Digital did the heavy lifting on Iron Man 3 (and because they did some significant work on The Avengers).

And since Disney owns Lucasfilm, they're not going to change things for Star Wars Episode VII. They're going back to how it was done, before the prequels. Basing the production in the UK, Drew Struzan possibly returning, as well as Williams possibly returning...

I don't think this should be here, but member Laserschwert (he's JanBing over here) posted this on the Telltale forums. I think it's actually quite brilliant. It takes a little bit to get used at first, but once you do, if feels great!

https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/foxney

Haha, that is awesome.

This doesn't relate to SW7, but I don't want to find the old INdy 5 thread and get people's hopes up by bumping it. But I had a dream the trailer for Indy 5 came out, and Harrison Ford had Irina's haircut, but the color was gold. JW was going to premiere a few pieces from Indy 5 in a July concert several months before the film was released.

I don't think this should be here, but member Laserschwert (he's JanBing over here) posted this on the Telltale forums. I think it's actually quite brilliant. It takes a little bit to get used at first, but once you do, if feels great!

https://soundcloud.com/laserschwert/foxney

That really IS brilliantly hilarious! I'd LOVE for them to put that as the real opening; would show they've got some genuine sense of humour over at Disney! ROTFLMAO

What an amazing coincidence, JanBing, I've printed and framed some of your amazing Hi-Res versions of the Monkey Island posters. I've even used them for the basis of a huge LEGO mosaic I was comissioned. I never realized you were also a member on this forum. Great stuff :)

May not make any difference, but 20th Century Fox booked Assassin's Creed (starring Michael Fassbender) for May 22, 2015.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=assassinscreed.htm

I don't think Fox would've done that if they thought Star Wars Episode VII would open in that spot. I still think it'll get a December 2015 or May 2016 date once Abrams gets production underway.

with Fox owning the rights to 'Star wars' (1977)....will disney try to make a deal, so it owns all films, and lets fox have some production weigth in all the new films?

(i mean for example, giving SW away in exchange of their logo in all movies and a percentace of the revenues...)

Maybe they'll put SW on July or August.

Disney has Pirates of the Caribbean 5 opening July 10, 2015. They're not going have two of their own films cannibalize each other within weeks of each other.

I don't see a problem with opening Episode VII in fall/winter 2015. A live action SW film is pretty much guaranteed to clean up any time of the month, if the January 1997 re-release of A New Hope is any indication. With ticket price inflation, that movie made a whopping $239 million domestically. Even though it's the first and most popular film in the franchise, my point still stands.

March and April are slowly becoming alternatives for big titles too. Star Wars is big enough that it can make money anywhere on the calendar year, except maybe the first weekend of September and the post Black Friday weekend. Everything else is a clear field.

Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (The Tudors, Mission Impossible 3) is reportedly in talks to join Hamill, Fisher and Ford in Episode VII.

http://latino-review.com/2013/05/20/exclusive-king-henry-viii-star-star-wars-episode-vii/

No word on whether he'll be a Sith lord or Jedi... also, Abrams' usual editors Mary Jo Markey and Maryann Brandon have signed on too.

Ditto for costume designer Michael Kaplan.

with Fox owning the rights to 'Star wars' (1977)....will disney try to make a deal, so it owns all films, and lets fox have some production weigth in all the new films?

(i mean for example, giving SW away in exchange of their logo in all movies and a percentace of the revenues...)

Disney is not going to give money/creative to FOX so they can put their logo in front of a Disney film. And Fox would likely not give up the rights to Disney for something so trivial.

Disney is not going to give money/creative to FOX so they can put their logo in front of a Disney film. And Fox would likely not give up the rights to Disney for something so trivial.

Disney did exactly that when they bought the distribution rights for Iron Man 3 and The Avengers from Paramount. Par, in turn, got their logo on the films and 8-9% of the box office grosses. Episode VII won't be the same thing, but I bet that Disney will license the Newman fanfare for the Lucasfilm opening... just out of sake for continuity.

Plus, Disney and Fox have partnered on several films before.

Wow, you're right! I totally forgot until just now that I saw the Paramount logo in front of Iron Man 3 and wanted to look up later what the F it was doing there. Now I know, and it makes sense. THanks!

Wow, you're right! I totally forgot until just now that I saw the Paramount logo in front of Iron Man 3 and wanted to look up later what the F it was doing there. Now I know, and it makes sense. THanks!

No problem. The post-Iron Man 3 movies will open with the Marvel logo only, I guess as a contractual obligation. I don't know if Lucasfilm has a similar clause in the contract for their live-action films though.

No problem. The post-Iron Man 3 movies will open with the Marvel logo only, I guess as a contractual obligation. I don't know if Lucasfilm has a similar clause in the contract for their live-action films though.

That was because Paramount already had a deal in place with Marvel to release the films before Disney bought them.

This is an entirely different case, and if you really think Disney will do that for a second, your inner fanboy has completely taken over. Disney will not give up any Star Wars money so a logo for a different company will open their film, and Fox will not give up rights to the first film for something so trivial.

That was because Paramount already had a deal in place with Marvel to release the films before Disney bought them.

This is an entirely different case, and if you really think Disney will do that for a second, your inner fanboy has completely taken over. Disney will not give up any Star Wars money so a logo for a different company will open their film, and Fox will not give up rights to the first film for something so trivial.

I'm not implying that. But Disney will want to release A New Hope as part of another megaset with Episode VII (and the sequels) after the rights to the other five films revert to the studio on May 1, 2020 -- and Fox will want something in return. I think Fox will license the home video rights to Star Wars to Disney (but still retain other ancillary rights) in exchange for a piece of b.o. revenue on Episode VII.

Disney and Fox have collaborated on Lincoln and if/when Robopocalypse starts back up, they'll do that too. I think they'll work out a deal for Star Wars.

That could lead to a really sweet situation: the fanfare appears on the new films, and we get a full-blown restoration of the originals.

That could lead to a really sweet situation: the fanfare appears on the new films, and we get a full-blown restoration of the originals.

True. It's wishful thinking now, but I would be willing to bet money that Fox will want in for Episode VII (profit participation) and Disney can use that to their advantage (get Star Wars home video rights). Alan Horn is chairman at Disney now, but during his decade-long tenure at WB, he's done quite a few co-financing deals with rival studios like DreamWorks, Columbia, Paramount, Disney, and MGM.

With Horn behind the wheel, a Fox/Disney co-produced Episode VII is possible.

A completely different writer is writing this that has nothing to do with any of JJs prior work, and its all being overseen by Kathleen Kennedy. JJs just the director here.

True but for those of us who didn't think Toy Story 3 was anything special..... What hope do we have?

I thought Toy Story 3 was extremely mediocre for a Pixar movie it's probably their worst, but in my opinion, it's more due to bad direction than a bad script. Arndt's script to Little Miss Sunshine is great. I'll be interested to see what he does with the characters in Star Wars VII.