Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Yeah, but when the benchmark is Sean Connery, he's got no bloody chance. Nobody has!

The older Sean Connery gets, the more charisma he has. With Ford it seems to be the opposite. That's the whole meaning behind the words "old and grumpy".

Alex

Ian McDiarmid is younger than Harrison Ford.

WHAAAA???

:eek:

McDiarmid is 69 and Ford is 71 I think. I might be slightly off with the ages but Ford is the older of the two.

Posted this in the London/LA thread but I'll post it here too.

Yep, those clips are both from last night's programme.

I have no idea where the thread might be for correctly placing this but I hadn't seen it until this morning (nothing to do with SW but everything to do with JTW)

WHAAAA???

That's the power of good makeup and perspective. Don't forget that Estelle Getty was younger than Bea Arthur, who played her daughter on Golden Girls.

WHAAAA???

McDiarmid is 69 and Ford is 71 I think. I might be slightly off with the ages but Ford is the older of the two.

Posted this in the London/LA thread but I'll post it here too.

Jack Whitehall's an unfunny ****, isn't he?

Aaahhh....the Guardian

It's true that Ford never seemed to have much to say about the SW films.

Nothing is more disappointing then Ford sleepwalking through a role he lost interest in decades ago.

In Indy 4, you got the impression he gave a damn.

Ford cares a little bit too much in Crystal Skull. Ford used to underplay, now he overplays. I like him better in Raiders, when things didn't seem to matter.

No, I prefer his Bogart Treasure of the Sierra Madre styling in Raiders, which he dropped for ToD. Ford played Indy almost as a noir character in parts of the original. Lawrence Kasdan is fucking brilliant for writing him that way.

Hmm, I think he blends into the wild madcap of it all wonderfully. Which reminds me why Breaking Bad hooked me - the Indiana Jonesy nuttiness and scrapes of its earlier seasons.

Harrison Ford got crazier and craizier.

Prepare_zps9ac6c856.jpg

"Molo Ram, prepare to meet Kali ... in hell!"

How about when Connery joined in? Was he still as 'restrained' as 'always'?

No, I prefer his Bogart Treasure of the Sierra Madre styling in Raiders, which he dropped for ToD. Ford played Indy almost as a noir character in parts of the original. Lawrence Kasdan is fucking brilliant for writing him that way.

Well said. This is a big part of why I vastly prefer Raiders over the films that followed. There's a wonderfully subdued iconicity about Ford's performance. The character changes so much after this film.

It wouldn't matter to me if Ford DOES NOT make an appearance as Solo anyways, the movie can do with out him. What's the point of playing a character he cares nothing for since doing the original films?

Selleck has resorted to Just For Men I see, and it does take years off. But Solo never struck me as being incredibly vain man.

7T6Qv57.png

I had wondered (back when Crystal Skull was in production) how Ford might look if he dyed his own hair. But then I remembered he's a real man. Well, apart from the ear stud. But it was either gonna be that or a Harley, and Ford was always going to go with the less showy option.