Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Another sign that JJ is making this movie with fans of his own generation in mind, rather then todays teens! ;)

Meanwhile PJ shot his Battle of Five Armies overnight in a barn in Wellington NZ, with 20 of his actors standing in front of a green screen.

Will take a while to put in the backgrounds and monsters, but much easier to shoot.

Honestly, I imagine it's Kennedy who is pushing for nostalgic practicalities, or at least just as much as Abrams is. She's a fucking vet of that era and knows what works, knows what fans like.

It's fascinating how no one ever watches AOTC and yet everyone seem to remember the tiniest details about it.

The wounds go deep indeed or powerful filmmaking... One of those.

Karol

For decades it was assumed that Fett was just a bounty hunter send by Jabba to collect Han Solo. It wasnt untill Rick McCallum's revelation that we knew that Boba Fett had a deep personal stake in all of this.

To think it was once a big universe, but no, suddenly everything and everybody had to be connected.

It's fascinating how no one ever watches AOTC and yet everyone seem to remember the tiniest details about it.

The wounds go deep indeed or powerful filmmaking... One of those.

Karol

Not really, I literally only became aware of the line's memeness this week after noticing someone here posting the clip in question. Might have even been Boal.

That would imply Lucas is a genius.

Karol

Bollocks to that nonsense.

"yes Karol, this must mean Lucas is a writing genius... " *Nods and smiles*

Due to tv repeats recently I saw a little bit of Sith twice in the last two months, the same parts both times (everything after Order 66, in between reading my phone and talking with whoever I was in the room with).

I've not watched any Star Wars in ages. Five years, maybe six. I just can't be arsed to sit through any of them. On the other hand, Star Trek movies, even the shitty ones, are still very watchable. Some of them I like more than I used to.

Karol

ITV keeps playing the whole thing on Saturday afternoons and I've happened to catch most of Star Wars twice! Enjoyed it on both occasions. It's the only one I can be arsed with these days. I also like its lack of Imperial March.

Stewart would've been a fine master Jedi or even a Sith Lord. Even better, in accordance with the latest trend, let's mash up Star Wars and Star Trek and create a new super franchise! Let's call the first film The Force vs. Phasers Set to Kill.

I've seen bits and pieces in the last few years. But the last time I actually watched a complete film was 2055. ROTS in the cinema. The last time I ever paid to see any of the prequels

You took the time and resources to travel further in time just to watch ROTS?

Man, that sounds fanboyish!

I hate it when people use that excuse. A language you are typing in not being your primary one has absolutely nothing to do with being too lazy to fix typos.

If I see a tipo that I have time to fix or my phone doesnt reboot on me, then I will. But if I'm in to big a hurry or just want to be lazy and not goback and fix it then I won't.

And that's coming from the biggest hypocrite here who loves to poke fun at foreign people's typos when a joke can be made. I am that guy

That's not an excuse!

It obviously is an excuse, I don't know what you are smoking ;)

I was actually kidding. I don't mind typos (I know my posts have tons of them), even though its obvious that most foreign members here are actually super-fluent with the English language.

Not able? What are you talking about? Just put what you want italicized in between [ i] and [ /i] (without the spaces).

IE:

the middle of this sentence [i]will be italicized[/i], the rest will not
Creates this:

the middle of this sentence will be italicized, the rest will not

I did all that on my phone.