Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Doing more SW films on his own was his plan?

Oh dear lord, would I have loved to see that massive failure.

Lucas had talked to the Big Three before the sale to Disney, and his outlines/story for a new trilogy was part of the Disney sale. How much of Lucas' original story remains after the writing and rewriting process, who knows, but he had worked on them at some point.

The meat of the story is "I didn't watch the trailer. I'm waiting to see it in theaters." That's it - not much of a story, really. Everything else in that linked article is stuff we already know/have heard, just rephrased and made to sound newsworthy/sensational.

I've heard enough about the great George Lucas. I don't know who writes your history books or where you get your information from, but you people got some pretty funny ideas about me. You all look at me as if I'm some kind of...saint, or visionary or something. You wanna know what my vision is? Dollar signs! Money! I didn't make these films to usher in a new era for cinema. I made these films so that I could retire to some tropical island...filled with...naked women. That's George Lucas! That's his vision! This other guy you keep talking about, this...historical figure? I never met him. I can't imagine I ever will.

People, it is possible to have a thread with no Star Trek quotes and still be worth reading.

That is not a malfunction. That is

life.

Rather amusing to read the leaked Sony Pictures emails and see David Fincher weighing in on Adam Driver's casting as the villain. Calls it an absolutely "terrible idea".

tkts5efiktgv1bgnrdw8.png

Hmph!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/12/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-character-names/

Official release of names of the characters from the teaser -

Boyega is "Finn"

Soccer-ball is "BB-8"

Ridley is "Rey"

Isaac is "Poe Dameron"

the shadowy figure is "Kylo Ren"

No new pics or anything.

Boyega is "Finn" 9/10

Soccer-ball is "BB-8" 5/10

Ridley is "Rey" 5/10

Isaac is "Poe Dameron" 7/10

the shadowy figure is "Kylo Ren" 3/10