Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I am shocked by the praise given to Revenge of the Sith. Bad acting bad writing bad directing bad scoring.

It's bad but not in a Michael Jackson Bad way.

You've always shown your dislike for the score for ROTS and AOTC. A lot of us disagree with you on this especially regarding ROTS. It's not a terrible or horrible or whatever the fuck you want to call it score. It's a good score.

ROTS does get a little bit too much credit for being the "best of the prequels". The dialogue is even more clunky and incoherent than the other prequels and it's incredibly boring, with more than an hour of pointless filler. It does have some cool scenes though and it's very well scored but it's about on par with the others.

Strangely enough, I find AOTC to be the most watchable. The baffling dialogue and directing choices made by George Lucas make it consistently entertaining.

I'm actually planning on watching all 3 prequels right before seeing TFA so that it will look good in comparison.

Also, is this trilogy still based around the original story lines Lucas said he had for 7,8 and 9?

When they announced the Disney sale/Episode VII, articles mentioned that part of that deal were Lucas's stories for a planned new trilogy. Whether those are the same stories he came up with many years ago, or how much of that got retained in the screenwriting process, who knows?

For what it's worth, the press release when the trailer came out didn't mention Lucas at all so unless he ends up with a story credit on the film, my guess is this trilogy will be pretty different from whatever he might have had planned. I doubt they threw everything out, though...I don't see why they wouldn't stick to the general arc (if not the exact specifics) of whatever he had in mind for the OT characters, for example.

It's based on his story treatments. There'll be differences and changes but it'll essentially have the same broad story. He mightn't get a story credit but "Based on Star Wars by George Lucas" will be in the credits.

'characters and situations' like JP III...

:P

Anyway, luke seems not to have rebuilt the jedi order and gone into hiding.

Seems what lucas always planned for luke (old unmarried hermit) so i think they are taking into account that by the least...

sadly.

"The time is more important to me than the money"

I hear ya buddy, wish I could get some of my own time back watching the prequels George.

This guy doesn't seem to have any ability to judge whether or not the shit that comes out of his mouth will piss people off.

PJ will never release a Hobbit/LOTR SE without also making the originals available in the same quality!

i doubt it...if he comes to the extent of including tauriel in LOTR, then it will mean he doesnt care for the original version anymore.

Keep you discs secret, keep them safe.

http://millenniumfalcon.com/

New concept art, including Max von Sydow NOT as a cyborg thing as was rumored, rather looking more like Ben Kenobi himself.

eh... he could be any Jedi or sith.

I dont see any kenobi resemblance... In fact, i'm sure that if they wanted kenobi, they would have hired the next best thing aside from Guiness, McGregor. A little aging makeup and voila.

no....

Specially if he does not have a beard...

Still, you can age Mcgregor for christsake. No need to hire another person for the character. What is this going to be the dark clone of Kenobi, like in the cancelled Battlefron III?

no....

Still, you can age Mcgregor for christsake. No need to hire another person for the character. What is this going to be the dark clone of Kenobi, like in the cancelled Battlefron III?

Why age someone when you can hire a better actor that's the right age? Are you agreeing with making Guy Pearce some random 80 year old man in Prometheus?

That was most unfortunate!

Anyway, I no longer believe that Max von Sydow is playing the ghost of Ben Kenobi. Still, the resemblance is...striking. Also, LOL at the mere thought of them casting Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan in this. That's almost as unlikely as Hayden showing up speaking to Luke.

no....

Why age someone when you can hire a better actor that's the right age?

Maybe so you can use them in further sequels for years to come?

That was most unfortunate!

Anyway, I no longer believe that Max von Sydow is playing the ghost of Ben Kenobi. Still, the resemblance is...striking. Also, LOL at the mere thought of them casting Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan in this. That's almost as unlikely as Hayden showing up speaking to Luke.

I hope that if they want to show Obi-Wan Kenobi they will make Alec Guiness in CG, like they did Marlon Brando in CG for Superman Returns a few years ago.

I heard some rumors about an appearance of Liam Neeson in Episode VII... but we learned in Clone Wars season 6, that Qui-Gon is not able to show himself, we can only hear his voice...

I heard some rumors about an appearance of Liam Neeson in Episode VII... but we learned in Clone Wars season 6, that Qui-Gon is not able to show himself, we can only hear his voice...

But is that canon?

Well the Clone Wars series can be considered as Lucas sort of last "direct implication" in his Franchise (his sort of Last Will). These cartoons, althought I don't like them, are in my sense an authentic follow-up to the prequels.

Lucas is also a consultant for Episode VII to IX, Even if he does certainly not take final decisions.

Well, I do not see why these episodes would come into contradiction with the Clone Wars Series.

I read somewhere that Lucas job is to say: this, you can; that, you can't.

If they asked him if Qui-Gon can show himself, he surely answered : NO.