Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I like that almost all of the stuff we've seen has been exterior shots, and 95% of them from Jakku. Leads me to believe that what we're seeing now is almost all from the beginning of the adventure (first 1/4 or 1/3 of the movie) - Finn popping up in the desert in the first preview, for instance, seems like a good "introductory shot" of the character, and Rey offering her hand to Finn from the second preview seems like a first alliance between the two.

One thing that strikes me is we haven't seen anything in outer space yet

We got that one shot of the new Star Destroyer in space in the second trailer but that's it.

that's true, I forgot

Ah the old Mickey Mouse ear deflector shield domes are still there. Gotta to give those rebels a chance.

No, that was a crashed ship presumably on that desert planet we have been shown in the trailers.

Maybe 'space' as a location is too '70s for the new generation? Too glitter & Disco?

:lol:

There were rumours of a scene where

Rey was all amazed at the forest because she'd never seen something like it before

That said, I would expect people in the Star Wars universe are able to terraform or whateverform worlds and carry there their own preferred types of life. I know it's a fairy tale, but it's also a faity tale with a futuristic decoration.

CGI can create convincing landscapes now. No need for space!

They can do stuff like changing the distance to the horizon or using partial g.

I remember when I was writing something set on Titan I kept wondering how they hell could someone pull this off using only practical effects? It seemed completely unfeasible to me.

How about the Falcon going inside a big ship (with the famous Snyder snap zoom)? Wasn't that in space?

What The?! How could you possibly remember that shot as being a space shot? Are you OK?

_1429208695.gif

It's obviously from the same sequence as the Falcon glory shot from the first teaser

giphy.gif

How about the Falcon going inside a big ship (with the famous Snyder snap zoom)? Wasn't that in space?

What The?! How could you possibly remember that shot as being a space shot? Are you OK?

_1429208695.gif

But to answer your question, Jay, it's very similar to a scene in ROTJ, which does take place in space.

_1429208695.gif

But to answer your question, Jay, it's very similar to a scene in ROTJ, which does take place in space.

would the interior of the death star be considered space?

Death Star: YES

Death Star skeleton: DEFINITELY!

All kidding aside, would the interior of the crashed ship in the desert be considered desert? :rimshot:

Death Star: YES

Death Star skeleton: DEFINITELY!

All kidding aside, would the interior of the crashed ship in the desert be considered desert? :rimshot:

Deserted yes, desert no.