Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Still prefer the other one, with the power anthem Force music.

Which you were convinced was composed by John Williams....

Sigh...

No I wasn't I merely said that I thought JW was capable of writing in such a style if he were asked and that these days I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been. Don't forget there's that part in Tintin which KM hates because it sounds exactly like Hans Zimmer.

I'm not bothered I'm gonna look myself because I can't remember the exact working funnily enough.

Here's my JWFan post: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25713&p=1176838

And on whatsapp I later said to Steef: "I bet Williams did that music. Made to order" which was again my studio exec influence angle which to me wasn't that implausible.

That's more like it!

(where the fuck do all these things come from? Is this what everyone on the internet does now, re-edits trailers??)

wow that makes the prequels look EPIC!!!! WOOOOO!!!!1111111

No, seriously. BUt i would still prefer a mix of williams music

If you really listen to that trailer cue then as a JWfan you can come to no other conclusion that it was not John Williams who did that arrangement.

You mention one theme in Tintin sounding a bit Zimmer like. True. The actual theme, but the orchestrations are pure Williams.

"Every generation has a story"

They're actually ripping off The Phantom Menace.

"Every generation has a legend.

Every journey has a first step.

Every saga has a beginning."

By the way, that Harrison Ford dolly in is straight out of The Searchers.

The seller obviously just put that in the description and it's spreading through social media because society has become completely idiotic and insane.

(it sounds like TFA has a "magical mystical negro" as Spike Lee would say)

Every time one of these things starts it sounds like new music for a second or two but then it isn't.

*sigh* I know it's for the best...

Rey is definitely Han's daughter. The eyes, THE EYES!

I always assumed Jedi have sex because of the genetics established in the prequels. This is why Anakin's offspring also have the Force AKA midichlorians. How else would the Force continue if the Jedi weren't reproducing? Anakin's virgin birth was a freak incident, right?

But then, why was it forbidden for Anakin to be with Padme? Because she's a Senator?

None of this fucking makes sense.

I always assumed Jedi have sex because of the genetics established in the prequels. This is why Anakin's offspring also have the Force AKA midichlorians. How else would the Force continue if the Jedi weren't reproducing? Anakin's virgin birth was a freak incident, right?

But then, why was it forbidden for Anakin to be with Padme? Because she's a Senator?

Jedi were not allowed to form emotional relationships (Attachment or possession is forbidden, it leads to jealousy, which is the shadow of greed etc). However, Jedi are allowed to form friendships, which throws the "attachment" rule out the window for starters. I think the Old Order was just very hypocritical and selective in how it executed its religion. In effect, its own rules contributed to its downfall.

Every time one of these things starts it sounds like new music for a second or two but then it isn't.

*sigh* I know it's for the best...

Is it just me, or does this music sound a little more like Williams and a little less trailer-y than the recent US and international trailers? It's probably not Williams, but it sounds more like classic Star Wars, and not that dreaded "modern" sound.

Is it just me, or does this music sound a little more like Williams and a little less trailer-y than the recent US and international trailers? It's probably not Williams, but it sounds more like classic Star Wars, and not that dreaded "modern" sound.

0:00 - 0:22 is a re-recording of "Yoda and the Force"; 0:22 - end appears to be directly lifted from the end of the TESB end credits (LSO/Williams).

ok...too much new footage now.

And yet, no new music. How maddening. Just more shots of Han and the Falcon.

Meanwhile, that twerp Abrams is like "No more trailers!" while teasing us about hearing music from the gods.

Is there anyone out there besides me whose GLAD that they haven't shown Luke yet? That they may actually be attempting to build up some mystique about his role in the movie, and leave ONE person or idea out of all the trailers, saving him for a big reveal?

As I recall, a legit image of Mark Hamill in the suit was circulated on the internet a while back. We know it was legit because it was swiftly taken down. So they still haven't kept him a total secret.

Up to Episode II, in the EU Jedi masters could marry (Ki adi mundi was). It all went downhill with the need to do it for anakin's fall. Still they could have still have done something like you have to acquire a master's wisdom to be allowed to marry. And it would be just as unfair to anakin to start his downfall.

I think Lucas mentioned that the Jedi were not banned for having sex, but it justs ends with them just having sex to have babies that they will later rob of it's male or female parent. Or another option is the totatly Jedi thing that is frequenting brothels... :huh:

0:00 - 0:22 is a re-recording of "Yoda and the Force"; 0:22 - end appears to be directly lifted from the end of the TESB end credits (LSO/Williams).

Thanks. It seems that :00 - :22 in the TV spot roughly corresponds to 2:48-3:07 in "Yoda and the Force," and :22-end in the TV spot roughly corresponds to 6:08-end in "Rebel Fleet/End Title." It's refreshing to hear Star Wars music in this TV spot that is mostly unchanged from the original recordings, rather than the "trailerized" versions presented recently in the US and international trailers.

Is there anyone out there besides me whose GLAD that they haven't shown Luke yet?

Well, there's me.

That, plus most people probably couldn't give a shit.

You're a charmer, Mr. Quintus.

Mr. Quintus, you seem to think there is something wrong up here, in your mind, that says, 'he enjoys taking s***t from other posters.' No. I'm making a special exception in your case, because... I respect you. As a jwfan. And as a dresser too, this is a magnificent coordination you have going here today.

Nice to know I'm not alone. :)

Mr. Quintus, you seem to think there is something wrong up here, in your mind, that says, 'he enjoys taking s***t from other posters.'

Not at all my friend. Banter is the JWFan way that's all ;)